PDA

View Full Version : AOE Markers

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-06-28, 11:44 PM
I would love to have some area of effect markers. Perhaps a cone, a cube and a square to just make it plum obvious where a spell is in effect.

I figure an 8in across circle would work for all 40ft diameter spells, or 30ft if I mark a 6in circle on it for example.

I'm split on if I'd raise them 2 or 3 inches on legs to clear mini's....maybe not permanent legs as they'd be more difficult to transport and it is always possible to set them on a stack of D6's or whatever is handy.

Anyone have experience with something similar?

Drackolus
2017-06-29, 01:51 AM
Legs are a pretty good idea I think. Make sure you have one in the middle of circular ones, so you can easily place the center on a corner.

Tetrasodium
2017-06-29, 10:28 AM
they already exist. here is the first one I found on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Official-Savage-Worlds-Template-Set/dp/B00M1U1Q3W/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498750000&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=effect+templates+savage+worlds

coolAlias
2017-06-29, 10:58 AM
I saw someone use a pen flashlight once - you just hold it over the mat and adjust the distance until you get a circle of the right diameter.

It can work for cones, too, by holding it horizontally, but may be a bit tricky to get the correct width depending on the light used.

EDIT: Oh, you want something that stays on the mat... don't have anything for that, sorry!