PDA

View Full Version : What's with the Ambidexterity requirement for Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting?

AzraelCorvo
2017-06-29, 01:18 AM
Looking through the Epic Level Handbook, and as I'm reading the description for it I read this

Prerequisites: Dex 25, Ambidexterity, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Fighting.

I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I haven't seen Ambidexterity in any of my books, so... where is it? It may be in a book I don't have, but I haven't been able to find where it is on Google either. Just a bunch of Homebrew, which really doesn't work for covering prerequisites for feats.

Mordaedil
2017-06-29, 01:23 AM
In original 3rd edition, two-weapon fighting was actually divided into two separate feats that were compiled into one for 3.5.

Ambidexterity reduced the off-hand penalty to be equal to the main hand weapon, while two-weapon fighting reduced the penalty on both hands by 2.

The Epic Level Handbook was written for 3.0 content and was never actually updated to 3.5 except for errata, but you can basically say that the requirement is included in two-weapon fighting.

AzraelCorvo
2017-06-29, 01:25 AM
Thank you, that's good to know. I was getting worried that I was missing something really obvious.

Mordaedil
2017-06-29, 01:54 AM
No problem. This oddity is one of those things that survived in video game form for NWN, which is why I am at all familiar with it.

danielxcutter
2017-06-29, 01:54 AM
Thank you, that's good to know. I was getting worried that I was missing something really obvious.

The SRD version of PTWF doesn't require Ambidexterity, so you should be fine if that actually comes up in a game.