PDA

View Full Version : heaviest LA 0 player races

daremetoidareyo
2017-06-29, 07:37 PM
I'm working on a hilarious concept for a character, but need to find the heaviest starting race to make it work.

ryu
2017-06-29, 07:46 PM
I'm working on a hilarious concept for a character, but need to find the heaviest starting race to make it work.

Is LA buyoff considered to be in play? You could make a symbiotic creature template and staple together the two heaviest critters that fight the critera without LA. Also pretty sure you can use this to staple a goddamn WHALE onto something and play it though that might involve even more LA.

daremetoidareyo
2017-06-29, 07:50 PM
Is LA buyoff considered to be in play? You could make a symbiotic creature template and staple together the two heaviest critters that fight the critera without LA. Also pretty sure you can use this to staple a goddamn WHALE onto something and play it though that might involve even more LA.

Yes sure, anything above LA+3 is too difficult though.

Gildedragon
2017-06-29, 08:13 PM
Half Minotaur Goliath with the Obese flaw?

MesiDoomstalker
2017-06-29, 09:00 PM
I believe Warforged are the heaviest without going into LA or template stacking.

remetagross
2017-06-30, 12:21 AM
And then Willing Deformity (Obese) for tripling your weight!

I did one such build once, starting off a Wu Jen Goliath, and then using Giant Size and Iron Body to get to a weight of 24.000 tons :smallbiggrin:

Hurin
2017-06-30, 04:36 AM
Maybe check the anthropomorphic whale from savage species

I don't know how its weight compares though

Darrin
2017-06-30, 04:47 AM
I believe Warforged are the heaviest without going into LA or template stacking.

According to this article (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a), warforged with adamantine plate has a base weight of 320 lbs with a weight modifier of x6.

MesiDoomstalker
2017-06-30, 02:02 PM
According to this article (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20050627a), warforged with adamantine plate has a base weight of 320 lbs with a weight modifier of x6.

So just shy of a ton.

The_Jette
2017-06-30, 02:26 PM
So just shy of a ton.

Unfortunately, that's not how multipliers work for weight. The Base Height is 5'10" with a 2d6 modifier, meaning that whatever you roll to increase your height is multiplied by 6, then added to the weight. So, if you roll a 12, then you add 72 lbs to the base weight of 320, leaving a max of 392.

Venger
2017-06-30, 03:46 PM
warforged are actually allowed to take obese, so you can stack it and build a potbellied stove looking warforged like so (https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/a0/51f922fd038ef/background.jpg)

The_Jette
2017-06-30, 04:16 PM
warforged are actually allowed to take obese, so you can stack it and build a potbellied stove looking warforged like so (https://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/a0/51f922fd038ef/background.jpg)

With Willing Deformity (Obese) you'd have a maximum weight of 1176 lbs. So, that's pretty heavy. It would be pretty interesting to think up a way that the living construct with adamantine skin somehow made himself obese, though.

The Viscount
2017-06-30, 04:36 PM
If you're doing shenanigans with weight, then you might consider binding Haagenti, accessible with either some binder or with the Bind Vestige and Improved Bind vestige feats, who increases your weight by 50%. Are you doing something with Great Rift Skyguard?

Thurbane
2017-06-30, 04:41 PM
I was going to suggest the Natural Heavyweight feat, but that only affects your carrying capacity, not your own weight.

A Humanoid of some kind under a Permanent Enlarge Person weighs 8x it's normal weight (just watch out for Dispel Magic etc.).

Telonius
2017-06-30, 11:39 PM
I think Half-Orc can actually be the heaviest. Say they roll a 24 on their height (2d12) and then a 12 on their weight (2d6). That's 288, plus the base weight of 150 for a male, giving a grand total of 438 pounds.

Goliaths are LA+1 (and don't actually have a height/weight chart in Races of Stone), so I think that's probably the heaviest you can get at LA+0. At least without things like shapeshifting into colossal creatures or becoming a Green Star Adept, whatever the density of starmetal turns out to be.

LumenPlacidum
2017-07-02, 08:26 AM
Depending on how you consider the Incarnate Construct template (i.e. does it modify a LA or Create a LA field where there was one before) you might be able to get away with an Incarnate Medium Animated Object for ECL 0 and get your first HD with a class level. Your Wisdom and Charisma scores will be god-awful, but you could have chosen something like a 5'-diameter sphere of iron for the base item. Would be a pretty dumb character, though.

Incarnate Construct Maug (fiend folio) might be better, but is ECL 1 or 3 (again, depending on interpretation above).

My rough calculations put the now-fleshy Maug at about 1,000 pounds base.

GilesTheCleric
2017-07-02, 01:13 PM
Remade from Drag 352 45 are literally made of metal, and can include such large and heavy things as furnaces or rolling drums. I don't recall there being a weight chart for them, though.

atemu1234
2017-07-02, 10:26 PM
Remade from Drag 352 45 are literally made of metal, and can include such large and heavy things as furnaces or rolling drums. I don't recall there being a weight chart for them, though.

Yeesh, I think I remember those guys. I'll have to go through my collection. I've possessed pretty much all drag mags at some point and scanned them in back in the day, by hand (uphill! both ways!). They're kind of... terrifying, IIRC?

daremetoidareyo
2017-07-02, 11:06 PM
Other contenders so far are goliath, hadozee, dvati, diopsid, and half ogre