PDA

View Full Version : Blades in the Dark question.

Clopin Silk
2017-06-29, 08:16 PM
I just started playing a Whisper in Blades in the Dark, and I wanted to check; which skill do you use to snag a ghost with a lightning hook? Oh, and while we're at it, some examples of how to rp the different traumas would be nice.

Airk
2017-06-30, 12:15 PM
I just started playing a Whisper in Blades in the Dark, and I wanted to check; which skill do you use to snag a ghost with a lightning hook? Oh, and while we're at it, some examples of how to rp the different traumas would be nice.

That's the thing about Blades. There is no hard mapping of actions ratings to fictional actions. Snagging a ghost with a Lightning Hook could be skirmish, finesse, maybe attune, possibly even prowl, depending on the circumstances, though some of those might have greater effect or more dangerous position... though a lot of THAT would depend on the fiction too.

As for the different traumas, do you really not have any ideas for what it means to be cold, or paranoid? These things are all modifications to your existing character, so examples seem sortof pointless out of context.