PDA

View Full Version : What your character's ability scores say about them per d20pfsrd

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-06-29, 11:25 PM
5 levels ago I rolled the following using 4D6 drop the lowest, picked elf and rolled 5'1". So I made my character a younger female Bard and have actually enjoyed playing quite a bit.

Using http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#The_Abilities my character:

Strength 9: Is able to more or less carry her own weight. Probably seems pretty appropriate for her size.

Dexterity 17: A good archer able to hit small targets. Athletic.

Constitution 13: Can take a few hits before being knocked out.

Intelligence 9: Not the smartest person about with numbers or memorization but ok.

Wisdom 13: Can plan well, gets some more obvious hunches, knows her limits.

Charisma 18: Quite likable. Pretty entertaining and can talk people into things.

Besides fewer odd numbers, what do you all have?

Easy_Lee
2017-06-29, 11:40 PM
One time I rolled high intelligence, but low wisdom and charisma. The character spent all of his time theory-crafting on forums instead of actually playing the game.

In all seriousness, I rolled all crappy physical stats once, and decided to play a moon druid. Why moon druid? The character hated his body and wanted to be something else. Rather than just think about what the stats mean on their own, I like to think about what effect their combination has on the character's personality.

Unoriginal
2017-06-30, 02:02 AM
5 levels ago I rolled the following using 4D6 drop the lowest, picked elf and rolled 5'1". So I made my character a younger female Bard and have actually enjoyed playing quite a bit.

Using http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/ability-scores#The_Abilities my character:

Strength 9: Is able to more or less carry her own weight. Probably seems pretty appropriate for her size.

Dexterity 17: A good archer able to hit small targets. Athletic.

Constitution 13: Can take a few hits before being knocked out.

Intelligence 9: Not the smartest person about with numbers or memorization but ok.

Wisdom 13: Can plan well, gets some more obvious hunches, knows her limits.

Charisma 18: Quite likable. Pretty entertaining and can talk people into things.

Besides fewer odd numbers, what do you all have?

This is a site for Pathfinder, it has no bearing on 5e's stats.

A CHA 18 character in 5e isn't "quite likable". They have the potential to easily be the most charismatic elf in the world, and is probably among the top 200 already. It's the kind of charisma a level 1 Warlock would cry to have. It's the Charisma a legendary warlord has.

A DEX 17 character in 5e isn't "a good archer". They can easily become the best elven archer in the world around level 10

And a STR 9 character in 5e isn't "more or less capable of carrying their own weight". They're just sligthly under average.

MxKit
2017-06-30, 02:29 AM
(I know this is Pathfinder, not 5e, but this looked like fun, so...)

For the character I just rolled:

Strength 10: Bog-standard normal strength for your average everyday person. They can literally pull their own weight. That's about it.

Dexterity 14: Pretty on-the-ball! They can be expected to catch or dodge a medium-speed surprise projectile and hit targets at a distance (at least if they're not too small).

Constitution 14: They're able to work twelve-hour shifts most days. They can take a couple hits before being knocked out.

Intelligence 12: They know a bit more than just what they need to get by. They pick up new ideas quickly and learn easily.

Wisdom 12: They have a pretty good head on their shoulders... They can plan and make reasonable decisions most of the time, and are pretty empathetic.

Charisma 16: They're popular and interesting, and receive a good number of greetings on the street, even some conversations. They like to converse and know what to say most of the time.