PDA

View Full Version : Had kind of a neat Idea. Paladin + Mystic MC. Hear me out.

Ariem
2017-06-30, 05:07 AM
Okay, so I was looking over the v3 Mystic UA and was figuring out to make a really nice gish style character with it because those are my favorite. I had been working it together with warlock/pact of the blade. It wasn't bad as a character concept not a whole lot of synergy to be honest though. I kept coming back to the Wu Jen subclass. The Disciplines are by far my favorite, but the spells seem a bit off in power. I got to thinking those spell slots could be an incredibly powerful smite engine. Adding 8 levels of Mystic to a Paladin would give the a signifigant bonus number of pseudo-spell slots that are very flexible. When the time comes to nova you could even use your bonus action to Brute Strike for an extra 6d6 at max level. I know 20 is a bad judge, but i think you could get alot of power out of going 2P/8M/10p and remain fairly competitive the whole way. Slow access to Multi-attack is the bigest drawback I see. Oath of Enmity from Vengeance Paladin could fix a lot of that tbh at least when you just have to hit. Any ideas? Flaws I'm missing or even more synergy to be found somewhere else? I only post because I searched and couldn't find anyone who mentioned the interaction.

Coidzor
2017-07-02, 08:21 AM
Why would you go into Mystic at Paladin 2 instead of going to Paladin 5 first?