PDA

View Full Version : daisy chaining the warding bond spell

bloodgroove
2017-06-30, 02:55 PM
Was wondering if you have several clerics in party can you daisy chain the warding bond spell? Scenario: cleric 1 casts warding bond on melee fighter and takes the reduced damage the fighter takes; cleric 2 casts warding bond on cleric 1 reducing it's damage with cleric 2 taking damage; cleric 3 casts warding bond on cleric 2 further reducing the results. I think in theory it should work but not really sure of its practicality.

JackPhoenix
2017-06-30, 02:58 PM
No: "The spell ends if you drop to 0 hit points or if you and the target become separated by more than 60 feet. It also ends if the spell is cast again on either of the connected creatures. You can also dismiss the spell as an action."

bloodgroove
2017-06-30, 03:27 PM
thanks for the reply. Looked good in theory. I guess it is written that way just so you do not chain it. Back to the drawing board.

MaxWilson
2017-06-30, 04:21 PM
A related, potentially interesting question: does the aura from a Paladin of the Ancients (level 7+) reduce the damage the caster of Warding Bond takes?

kebusmaximus
2017-06-30, 04:34 PM
That's an interesting thought. I don't think it's answered RAW, though.

It hinges on weather or not the damage dealt is specifically by the spell warding bond, or if it still counts as being dealt by the attacker.