PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Is the Immortality Arcane Discovery true immortality?

Tetsubo 57
2017-06-30, 03:17 PM
The Immortality Arcane Discovery reads:

"Immortality (Ex): You discover a cure for aging, and from this point forward you take no penalty to your physical ability scores from advanced age. If you are already taking such penalties, they are removed at this time. You must be at least a 20th-level wizard to select this discovery."

Does that actually grant the character eternal life or just make them eternally young until they hit the maximum age for their species?

Psyren
2017-06-30, 03:35 PM
As written it just removes the penalties.

Scots Dragon
2017-06-30, 04:29 PM
It's pretty much in the first line; You discover a cure for aging.

You don't age, and thus cannot die from old age. Also there is at least one character shown with the feat who is genuinely immortal, Old-Mage Jatembe, so make of that what you will.

Hackulator
2017-06-30, 04:36 PM
It's pretty much in the first line; You discover a cure for aging.

You don't age, and thus cannot die from old age. Also there is at least one character shown with the feat who is genuinely immortal, Old-Mage Jatembe, so make of that what you will.

I would agree with this, because there are many similar abilities that include the line "the character still dies when their time is up." Since that language is not included here, I assume they do not die of old age.

Arbane
2017-06-30, 10:29 PM
I would agree with this, because there are many similar abilities that include the line "the character still dies when their time is up." Since that language is not included here, I assume they do not die of old age.

The ability isn't called "Leave a Good-Looking Corpse", after all.

digiman619
2017-07-01, 12:54 AM
Well, you can still die in the doezens of ways high level characters can be killed (HP loss, save-or-die effects, etc), but assuming you maange to keep clear of them, then yes.