PDA

View Full Version : Fun encounter idea

nintendoh
2017-07-01, 10:22 PM
Occasionally whenever my dm gets bored i take over so he can play. Generally, my sessions are not campaign relevant like side quests. They also only last the one session. The last one i did was a defensive mission where they were attack by aliens. That was pretty cool. They were able to call in artillery strikes. Im just running out of ideas. I have a half baked idea for a run and gun episode where they are running from a powerful monster called the Imageetchu. The party's guide is going to be a halfling loosely based on the combination of Micky mouse and a firebender. Can someone help me flesh this out? Alternatively you have a better idea?

nintendoh
2017-07-01, 10:38 PM
I also have an idea about a epic level wizard/ artificer who is the ring master of a circus. He was bored. Only the the players dont find out that the circus is complete populated by undead until its too late and have to escape with the rest of the tourists. Its gives me an excuse to use the zombie clowns. Look up the gray jester monster

Goaty14
2017-07-01, 11:16 PM
Imageetchu is a X Monster with relatively high speed
The PCs do something stupid in a somewhat-high wizard's house that releases Imageetchu, while Imageetchu is recovering from imprisonment or whatever, the wizard teleports away, leaving the PCs (Who, given their level, hopefully cannot cast teleport too) get on a horse drawn wagon to escape

The idea is that you have the map, and at the middle is the cart, and at the center is the PCs in their (rather small) wagon, and at the bottom is the Imageetchu

The thing is that some mundane items can be found in the wagon to interact with local terrain to make the imageetchu lose track of the PCs.

Of course I would elaborate of this, but you have not pointed out classes/levels.

nintendoh
2017-07-02, 10:48 AM
Iajutsu focus soul knife6
Wizard 5 generalist
Paladin of slaughter 6
Dreadnecro 6
Rogue 6
Multi class monstrosity 6 stealth saves invocations