PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate cleric necromancer, PF/3.5

Athear
2017-07-02, 12:06 AM
So we are playing pathfinder but we are allowed to use all PF and 3.5 I am fairly confident in my ability to make a cleric necromancer in 3.5 how ever with in pathfinder I have allot less knowledge.
So my build Idea is to be a PF dragonborn, cleric of Falazure, I wish to eventually become a litch we are starting at lvl 5.
Now I do not know if the pathfinder cleric is as potent in necromancy as the 3.5 cleric it does not seem so.

unseenmage
2017-07-02, 05:57 PM
Linked in my extended sig is a thread about PF necromantic options.

Hope it helps.

nintendoh
2017-07-02, 06:08 PM
Undead lord archetype would be a boon for you.

Athear
2017-07-07, 05:59 PM
Undead lord archetype would be a boon for you.

Indeed it would.

Athear
2017-07-07, 09:45 PM
Linked in my extended sig is a thread about PF necromantic options.

Hope it helps.

It did help a little.

unseenmage
2017-07-07, 10:00 PM
It did help a little.

I'm glad it did.

Psyren
2017-07-08, 09:34 AM
Check out the Agent of the Grave (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/agent-of-the-grave/) prestige class. You can even make it 5/5 casting via Prestigious Spellcaster. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/)

Athear
2017-07-13, 03:34 AM
Also with this is there any neat tricks in Dragon magazine or Dungeon scape for clerics?
As was stated We can use ALL sources 3.0, 3.5 and pathfinder. so as much work I as I can do on my own there is just way to much source material for one person to go through.

Athear
2017-07-13, 09:16 PM
Also is there any feats that grants a domain or a bonus domain.

Hackulator
2017-07-13, 09:23 PM
Check out the Agent of the Grave (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/a-b/agent-of-the-grave/) prestige class. You can even make it 5/5 casting via Prestigious Spellcaster. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/)

That feat seems....pretty overtuned.

A level of casting for a feat?

Athear
2017-07-13, 09:59 PM

I don't, know this is 3.5 and Pathfinder.
so I'm not sure if there was a feat you pointed me too that seemed op or what but I wanted to gain a feat to off set the necessity of taking both the death and undeath domain. As the god i worship grants the death and decay domain i wish to keep the decay domain. if there is a feat I can get to get me that. cool.

Psyren
2017-07-14, 08:52 AM

Two feats actually, and there's nothing wrong with it. It fills in a missing caster level. The powerful PrCs don't get any more powerful, and in PF, PrCing is already a weaker option to begin with because every base class has actual class features now. What this does is male a lot more PrCs viable - there are many 3/5s and 8/10s out there that barely get noticed for instance, simply because they're losing too many caster levels on top of their already onerous prereqs for the character taking them to meet their endgame goals.

Athear
2017-07-16, 12:55 AM
so would mystic theurge be worth while PRC for a necromancer?
straight cleric, No Undead lord

Sagetim
2017-07-16, 02:58 AM
so would mystic theurge be worth while PRC for a necromancer?
straight cleric, No Undead lord

not when you can take the 14 level pre epic 3.5 prc of True Necromancer and get a bunch of actual class abilities along the way instead of just wishing you had something to do other than prepare a bunch of spells that used to be relevant a few levels ago.

Undead Lord archetype or not, True Necromancer would at least get you more mileage than Mystic Theurge.

Edit: True Necromancer is from the Libris Mortis, for reference. Along with the corpse crafting feat chain and a bunch of other undead related stuff, because that was the entire point of the book. Undead stuff, the book.

Psyren
2017-07-16, 08:25 PM
Just remember that True Necro loses a bunch of caster levels on both sides, so you'll want to use that feat I mentioned to patch the holes.

Sagetim
2017-07-17, 01:13 AM
Oh, I thought it still hit 17/17 in the end?

Psyren
2017-07-17, 07:51 AM
Oh, I thought it still hit 17/17 in the end?

Nope! I almost fell for this too back in the day until I read the class more closely. The table makes it difficult to see but it does lose caster levels on both sides.