PDA

View Full Version : Roy's "magic" energy is the same as his sister

Perch
2017-07-02, 10:10 AM
They are both green just like his father’s magical energy too. I think that’s a neat detail.

I wonder if that’s intentional.

Yuki Akuma
2017-07-02, 10:16 AM
They are both green just like his father’s magical energy too. I think that’s a neat detail.

I wonder if that’s intentional.

They're the Greenhilt clan. One would assume it's intentional their thematic colour is green.

Perch
2017-07-02, 10:18 AM
They're the Greenhilt clan. One would assume it's intentional their thematic colour is green.

But isn't that on his mother side?

The MunchKING
2017-07-02, 10:38 AM
But isn't that on his mother side?

No? I mean in Heaven he keeps talking about Eugene as "his boy".

Kish
2017-07-02, 10:57 AM
Horace is Eugene's father.

Gift Jeraff
2017-07-02, 11:15 AM
Probably a coincidence. Rich just splashes random colors onto every page from what he told me.

dtilque
2017-07-02, 12:12 PM
Probably a coincidence. Rich just splashes random colors onto every page from what he told me.

I think he was dissembling there. It might be a coincidence that he chose green for all three in the same family (I suspect it isn't), but once he chooses a color for a caster, he always uses the same one for that caster. Not just the same general color, but the exact same shade based on RGB value.

martianmister
2017-07-02, 02:36 PM
But he told me that he always choose colors based on a poll between his peers.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-07-03, 04:12 PM
But the Giant has no peers. No one can equal his stature. Not even the rather dainty Giantess.

Finagle
2017-07-03, 10:44 PM
The green aura is his "dweomer", which I never knew what the hell that meant back in the day because Gary Gygax didn't bother to define the word or say what it was.

Nightcanon
2017-07-04, 02:08 AM
Or perhaps their thaumatic colour?

littlebum2002
2017-07-05, 11:43 AM

No, he said it's based on a pole of his peers. He finds other webcomic authors and beats them with a metal pole until they give him ideas.

martianmister
2017-07-05, 04:19 PM
No, he said it's based on a pole of his peers. He finds other webcomic authors and beats them with a metal pole until they give him ideas.

That would explain Brian Clevinger's murder. :smalleek:

KorvinStarmast
2017-07-05, 05:01 PM
The green aura is his "dweomer", which I never knew what the hell that meant back in the day because Gary Gygax didn't bother to define the word or say what it was.

Some of us went to the university's library, got out the OED, and looked it up. Yes, we did. We were able to look stuff up before the internet because we knew how to use books and libraries to do research. :smallbiggrin: Some of us also had Smith Corona type writers and knew how to use type writer ink erasers. Spellcheck cripples we were not.

Darth Paul
2017-07-05, 09:57 PM
Some of us went to the university's library, got out the OED, and looked it up. Yes, we did. We were able to look stuff up before the internet because we knew how to use books and libraries to do research. :smallbiggrin: Some of us also had Smith Corona type writers and knew how to use type writer ink erasers. Spellcheck cripples we were not.

Some of us still have telephones that are attached to the wall via a vinyl-and-rubber-coated copper wire....
I am SO old. :smallamused:

snowblizz
2017-07-06, 04:15 AM
Or perhaps their thaumatic colour?
Sure is thematic though.

I heard it was a poll of his pears. Because the apples aren't much into talking and the peaches just plum don't say a word!

Gift Jeraff
2017-07-06, 05:56 PM

True, but after the last vote didn't go my way I've convinced myself of a ridiculous lie because it's easier to claim that I've been cheated than admit defeat.

Dr.Gunsforhands
2017-07-06, 10:07 PM
I heard it was a poll of his pears. Because the apples aren't much into talking and the peaches just plum don't say a word!

Well, it's not like he means to cherry-pick. He tried polling his limes once, but their ideas were all lemons.