PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [PF] Inquisitors in a World Without Gods

Dr_Dinosaur
2017-07-02, 04:37 PM
The gods are gone in my Pathfinder setting, cast out of heaven and hell by a conspiracy of lesser celestial and infernal beings, and in their absence divine magic reliant on a god to function...doesn't. Yet I think Inquisitors would reasonably continue their work, only galvanized by the sudden need to root out dissent in churches that have never truly had to deal with questioning their faith before.

So what I'm trying to figure out is what the baseline Inquisitor in this setting should have instead of casting. Their domain is being replaced by two inquisitions (not too much of a buff since casting's gone), but I can't think of a fair trade for the magic. Most would not turn to arcane or alchemical sources immediately.

All Paizo, DSP, and Spheres of Power is available except Arcforge.

Florian
2017-07-03, 02:57 AM
I guess most Inquisitors will learn to switch over to using psychic powers, especially the Spirtualist and/o Mesmerist spell list, as itīs very close to their own. The reason is that Inquisitors are already very self-reliant and more focused on their task than on their faith.

Krazzman
2017-07-03, 03:05 AM
I guess most Inquisitors will learn to switch over to using psychic powers, especially the Spirtualist and/o Mesmerist spell list, as itīs very close to their own. The reason is that Inquisitors are already very self-reliant and more focused on their task than on their faith.

Seconding this. Maybe write up an archetype that changes their casting and maybe trades a few things for the stare Class Feature from Mesmerist.