PDA

View Full Version : Shield other

Yklikt
2017-07-03, 12:34 PM
Although it say other, spell target is just one creature. Can do it on yourself?

Buufreak
2017-07-03, 12:38 PM
Most of these questions should be posted in the simple RAW thread. Link for which can be found here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?527767-Simple-RAW-Thread-for-3-5-33-Doesn-t-everything-popular-die-when-33)

TheFurith
2017-07-03, 12:39 PM
No part of the wording says you can't. Unless you count the name. Which I would.

Necroticplague
2017-07-03, 12:42 PM
Although it say other, spell target is just one creature. Can do it on yourself?

Yes, though it loses much of the point. Since the warded creature/target are both you, you'd need to wear both rings. Since splitting damage between yourself and yourself doesn't really do anything, that basically just turns it into '+1 deflections to AC and resistance to saves' for a few hours.

Goaty14
2017-07-06, 09:37 PM
Yes, though it loses much of the point. Since the warded creature/target are both you, you'd need to wear both rings. Since splitting damage between yourself and yourself doesn't really do anything, that basically just turns it into '+1 deflections to AC and resistance to saves' for a few hours.

which takes off your ring slots and can easily be replicated with other spells.

Gruftzwerg
2017-07-06, 11:50 PM

dunno, maybe with some kind of DR (epic?)? Can't you try to doubledip (or multidip) DR?

Necroticplague
2017-07-07, 02:04 AM
dunno, maybe with some kind of DR (epic?)? Can't you try to doubledip (or multidip) DR?

DR doesn't do anything against damage from spells, only damage from weapons and natural attacks. So the reflected damage from Shield Other wouldn't be subject to DR.

Gruftzwerg
2017-07-07, 02:34 AM
DR doesn't do anything against damage from spells, only damage from weapons and natural attacks. So the reflected damage from Shield Other wouldn't be subject to DR.

Imho Shield Other does redirects the dmg. The redirected dmg type doesn't/shouldn't change thus. It's just the the dmg is split into two (or more?) stack and that's why I believe you should be able to dip DR multiple times.

noob
2017-07-07, 02:52 AM
Except I believe it says that it apply dr of the victim but not of the caster.
Sorry I was wrong it just says it splits damage.
What happens when you cast chain shield other?

Gruftzwerg
2017-07-07, 05:12 AM
What happens when you cast chain shield other?

You start to pray that the enemy caster hasn't prepared any AoE dmg spells xD