PDA

View Full Version : Belt of perfection and Headband of superiority creation costs?

molten_dragon
2017-07-03, 05:45 PM
I was looking at the creation costs for the belt of physical perfection (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/belt-of-physical-perfection/) and headband of mental superiority (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/headband-of-mental-superiority/) and they're 5000 gp more than they should be. Is there a reason for this, or just a typo?

Rainshine
2017-07-03, 08:35 PM
From the Magic Item Creation Guidelines (emphasis on Guidelines), the base cost is the square of the bonus * 1000, so base cost 4000 for a +2, as reflected in all of the +2 belts.
When stacking multiple abilities on a single item, you multiply the lower cost by 1.5 and add it to the total cost. So the first +2 is 4k (total item price, 4k), the second is 6k (total item price, 10k), and the third is 6k (total price 16k) which reflect the listed price for those items. Perhaps you missed the stacking multiplier?

Kayblis
2017-07-03, 09:09 PM
OP's referring to the creation cost, and they do seem to have a typo on the +6 price.

The common rule with 3.PF stuff is that creation cost is half the item's market value. So, yes, there's a typo. The actual item price is 144,000gp and the creation cost should be 72,000 gp. This can be affirmed because the item description doesn't mention anything about it, and the +2 and +4 versions don't have any price change. Any deviation from the rule must be stated.

molten_dragon
2017-07-04, 04:03 AM
From the Magic Item Creation Guidelines (emphasis on Guidelines), the base cost is the square of the bonus * 1000, so base cost 4000 for a +2, as reflected in all of the +2 belts.
When stacking multiple abilities on a single item, you multiply the lower cost by 1.5 and add it to the total cost. So the first +2 is 4k (total item price, 4k), the second is 6k (total item price, 10k), and the third is 6k (total price 16k) which reflect the listed price for those items. Perhaps you missed the stacking multiplier?

Yeah sorry, should have been more specific. As max5212 pointed out I'm talking specifically about the creation cost for the +6 versions. It looks like they should be 72,000 instead of 77,000. I thought it was a typo until I saw they both had that cost, then I wasn't sure.