PDA

View Full Version : Weapons of Legacy?

RegalKain
2017-07-03, 08:54 PM
So I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, wasn't sure if it should be here or Homebrew. In any case, on a cursory glance I couldn't find a GITP homebrew of Weapons of Legacy, basically did a title search for Legacy and found a single snippit of homebrew that seemed to have the same failings of the book itself (In that you take a bunch of penalties ) I was wondering if any of the brilliant GITP people have created/found a good system for "weapons that stay" so to speak, a weapon that levels with you, is worth it and can stay relevant. I enjoy the flavor of WoL but their implementation is rather poor.

Thealtruistorc
2017-07-03, 09:22 PM
Weapons of Legacy exist in Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. Some Pathfinder books contain them as well, such as Ultimate Psionics and Pathfinder Unchained (although these go by other titles).

Vhaidara
2017-07-03, 09:45 PM
Weapons of Legacy exist in Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords. Some Pathfinder books contain them as well, such as Ultimate Psionics and Pathfinder Unchained (although these go by other titles).

Ultimate Psionics contains Legendary Items, which are mechanically very distinct from Weapons of Legacy. For example, you don't have to cripple your saves/HP/Attack/skills to use them.

Crake
2017-07-03, 10:49 PM
I believe pathfinder unchained had a section on items that grow with the wielder, you could have a look in there?

Gildedragon
2017-07-03, 10:54 PM
So I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, wasn't sure if it should be here or Homebrew. In any case, on a cursory glance I couldn't find a GITP homebrew of Weapons of Legacy, basically did a title search for Legacy and found a single snippit of homebrew that seemed to have the same failings of the book itself (In that you take a bunch of penalties ) I was wondering if any of the brilliant GITP people have created/found a good system for "weapons that stay" so to speak, a weapon that levels with you, is worth it and can stay relevant. I enjoy the flavor of WoL but their implementation is rather poor.

Ditch the non-gp costs... Or have the PC suffer those penalties if they're separated from the WoL.
Otherwise just use the WoL system as is. It works nicely. Just tinker things around some

Florian
2017-07-04, 05:15 AM

Look at Scaling Weapons in Pathfinder Unchained. They ditched the whole stupid concept of needing feats and gaining penalties.