PDA

View Full Version : [PoW] Warlord Tactical Flanker, with the new errata

GhorrinRedblade
2017-07-05, 06:57 AM
Hey there,

So with the errata that came out a few weeks ago, that class feature now reads:

“At the start of the warlord’s turn, he chooses a single square adjacent to him. Until the start of his next turn, he and his allies can treat that square as if it was occupied by him for the purposes of flanking opponents.”

If you picture an enemy, and assume I'm standing "west" of him, does this mean I could declare the square to my foe's "north" as the flanking square, 5-foot step to his "south", and now I'm flanking this guy all by my lonesome?

Have a great day!

Ghorrin Redblade

Swaoeaeieu
2017-07-05, 07:22 AM
from my feeble knowledge, you would be flanking if you are west and the imaginary ally north as well. iirc it counts as flanking if a line between you and your ally passes through the opponents square. so any combination of cardinal directions would work.

GhorrinRedblade
2017-07-05, 07:33 AM
Without having looked it up, I think the line has to pass through opposing sides of the target's space. I'll confirm later, but thanks.

5ColouredWalker
2017-07-05, 07:37 AM
Yea, that'd work.
Now to start playing Rogue/Warlords.

GhorrinRedblade
2017-07-05, 07:39 AM
My Warlord is gestalted with Bard, so I see the sense vitals spell in my future.

GhorrinRedblade
2017-07-05, 11:51 AM
from my feeble knowledge, you would be flanking if you are west and the imaginary ally north as well. iirc it counts as flanking if a line between you and your ally passes through the opponents square. so any combination of cardinal directions would work.

I just looked it up. The line's got to pass through opposite sides of the opponent, sorry to say. :-\

When in doubt about whether two characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two attackers’ centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent’s space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked.

Swaoeaeieu
2017-07-05, 12:17 PM
You are absolutely right. my bad

ghanjrho
2017-07-05, 01:11 PM
You could designate "north" and then move to "southwest", I think.

Tuvarkz
2017-07-05, 04:42 PM
Aye, you can. Still a huge comparative nerf when high Cha-warlords could do something like passing around a +6 bonus to attacks from flanking at level 8.