PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Oops, my Storm Sorcerer sucks! How do I fix him?

IncredibleThulk
2017-07-05, 05:23 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm in need of your advice. I'm new to playing a magic user, and thought it would be fun to create an Air Genasi Storm Sorcerer. For creative RP purposes he's focused only on storm or charismatic(eg. charm person) related magic. I thought making him flawed and not min-maxing him would make for very interesting play, but he's been unconscious two times in his first three levels, and I feel increasingly like he's pretty useless. I fully admit, I'm probably playing him wrong.

But overall, what can I do to make him better going forward? Should I multiclass him to something like Bard, Paladin or Tempest Cleric?

Here's the rundown:
LVL 3

Stats
STR - 9
INT - 9
DEX - 17
WIS - 12
CON - 13
CHA - 18

Cantrips
Frostbite
Lightning Lure
Gust
Thunderclap

1st Level Spells
Fog Cloud
Thunderwave
Charm Person
Ice Knife
Jump

2nd Level Spells
Levitate
Snilloc's Snowball Swarm
Gust of Wind

Mastikator
2017-07-05, 05:29 PM
Spell casters are only exponentially powerful if you use the spells creatively. For example you can use levitate to get into a strategically advantageous position, or use it to lift a very heavy object and drop it on top of the enemy.

You already have versatile spells, use your surroundings.

LibraryOgre
2017-07-05, 05:45 PM
The Mod Wonder: Lacking clear edition indicators, this thread is closed. Reopen in the appropriate edition subforum.