PDA

View Full Version : DM Help The use of a Dice/Coin

Chained Birds
2017-07-05, 06:43 PM
Been quite a while since I played, but have been working on a world. The world has one major factor to its lore, and it is the fact that Godlings once ruled all the races and creatures of the 4 major continents. To make a long lore dump short, They "all" were destroyed or removed from the public eye (to eventually disappear from existence) by the most powerful Godlings of the era. The three beings are now the foundations to the three major religions that most of the world follows (Law, Chaos, and Death).

Not sure if I will try to put up a recruitment for this game (with all the necessary lore and basic world details) on this site or IRL, but I do have one IRL item on me that I would like to use; but can't think of the best way to use it.

Essentially, I have a really cool Dice/Coin hybrid that can be spun and flipped to give the results of any dice result from a d2-d20. Now I wanted the use of the hybrid dice to be something special, but can't think of anything to spin/flip/roll it for.

Just wondering if there are any tables, ideas, etc. that I could link the use of this dice/coin with? It could have multiple tables associated with it, but I wanted to do something more than just use it for rolling/flipping for loot drops...

Currently using it for Major boss encounters, but that's all I can think of...

Thanks in advance, as I know you guys have some really cool ideas out there!

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-07-05, 10:24 PM
Interesting. Can you post a picture of it?

Is it where when you roll it the answer is heads/tails or 1-20 effectively making it a 22 side die?

Or is 11-20 heads and 1-10 tails?