PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder On changing weapon sizes

OrchestraHc
2017-07-06, 02:46 AM
Hey my friends and I are playing Rise of the Runelords and my character is in possession of two weapons and he wants to give one to our halfling Cavalier.

One is a medium-sized masterwork Ranseur. (this is the preferred gift as the halfling prefers reach weapons)

The other is a tiny-sized plus one cold-iron dagger with returning.

Neither are actually the size he needs. Is there a specific way in the Pathfinder system to make a weapon a size category bigger or smaller?

Psyren
2017-07-06, 09:05 AM
That particular dagger is apparently a common point of contention for that AP. Most folks I've seen recommend selling it (it's worth quite a bit) and using the proceeds to buy +1 weapons of your choice.

legomaster00156
2017-07-06, 09:39 AM
Officially, no, you cannot change weapon sizes. However, if 3rd-party is allowed, DSP has the Transference Vellum from Steelforge that would be helpful here. In addition, I generally allow arms and armor to be reforged without losing their properties if done by a smith who has the Craft Magic Arms and Armor feat, allowing them to be reshaped for larger or smaller sizes.

Tuvarkz
2017-07-06, 11:10 AM
There is the Resizing (http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Resizing) weapon property, but for it's price, you are far better off just selling the dagger.

Arutema
2017-07-06, 08:49 PM
For metal weapons, there's a wondrous item (http://archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Iron%20Lord%27 s%20Transforming%20Slivers) from Inner Sea Gods that may prove helpful.

Goaty14
2017-07-08, 02:24 PM
Somewhere is 3.5, you can use bigger or smaller weapon as a different type

I.e Medium Human wields Large Sized Light Weapon as a Medium Sized One-Handed Weapon. Medium Human wields a small two handed weapon as a medium one-handed weapon, etc

That being said, the halfling cannot wield either.

TallerSpine
2017-07-08, 02:48 PM
Sell the dagger, use the proceeds to find a mage to cast Permanency - Enlarge Person on the halfling. Give him the ranseur.

Permanency = 5th level spell. Cost = 5*9*10gp = 450gp
Enlarge Person = 1st level spell, but the caster is obviously 9th level. Cost = 1*9*10 = 90gp
XP cost = 500xp, multiply XP cost by 5 to determine the gp cost: 2500gp

Total cost of Permanency - Enlarge Person = 3040gp