PDA

View Full Version : Can I suggest a new subforum?

CrackedChair
2017-07-06, 01:47 PM
Lately I've been asking for some help on character sheets for interesting characters. The posts I've made do get a bit of conversation, but not much.

I was thinking, maybe we could have a separate subforum dedicated to posting character sheets for advice when it comes to the sheet. Anything like optimization help, roleplay help and the like could be found there for sheets you made.

Only problem I see right now is that it'd have to have all editions to it, plus Pathfinder, so lables might be a necessity there. Other than that, it doesn't seem too hard.

What do you think?

Khedrac
2017-07-06, 03:05 PM
I think any thread on charachter sheets should go in the sub-forum appropriate to the System.

If there is sufficent demand then regular posts will keep the thread on the front page.
If it reaches 50 pages then a new thread could be created.

Thinking about the last of the above, it seems likely to be very slow to happen, if it happens at all. The Simple RAW questions for Pathfinder thread in only on thread 5.

Now, you propose an entire sub-forum. Are you really expecting there to be more posts on character sheet creation that Pathfinder RAW questions?

I appreciate you have posted this as an honest suggestion, but I think if you look at it properly the probable numbers really don't justify this.

Knaight
2017-07-06, 05:43 PM
The policy on subforums (as I understand it) is that they are made for topics so prevalent that they're overwhelming the main forum. Character sheet threads aren't doing that.

Ninja_Prawn
2017-07-07, 01:36 AM
Yeah. The edition-specific subforums are the right place for character creation/optimisation threads.

I don't see why they'd need to be long threads, especially when the answer is usually "read the class guide". Although one continuous thread for each edition where anyone can come for help (like the personal woes and advice thread) might work for this.

Psyren
2017-07-07, 07:21 AM
Lately I've been asking for some help on character sheets for interesting characters. The posts I've made do get a bit of conversation, but not much.

They may simply not be as interesting (to others) as they seem to you :smalltongue:

What system(s)/edition(s) were you asking for help in?

Yeah. The edition-specific subforums are the right place for character creation/optimisation threads.

I don't see why they'd need to be long threads, especially when the answer is usually "read the class guide".

Also true.

Although one continuous thread for each edition where anyone can come for help (like the personal woes and advice thread) might work for this.

I like this idea!

CrackedChair
2017-07-07, 09:43 PM

I don't see why they'd need to be long threads, especially when the answer is usually "read the class guide". Although one continuous thread for each edition where anyone can come for help (like the personal woes and advice thread) might work for this.

Actually, a recurring thread for character sheet help would be nice! But how can we start such a thing?

Roland St. Jude
2017-07-07, 10:39 PM
Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. This seems like the kind of thing best handled by starting a thread in the relevant subforum to ask about your particular sheet. If they become common, we can try a single thread.