PDA

View Full Version : The art of Retconjuration.

SangoProduction
2017-07-07, 08:18 AM
So, I believe, in the Superconsciousness book for 3.5, there's a 10 level prestige class that can just say "nope" and basically say the last however long just didn't happen. (Also they could leap through time, but not manipulate it, which just gets messy.)

Are there any other, similar style classes or effects in 3.5 or pathfinder? I'm pretty sure there's an item that does something like that.

Kaleph
2017-07-07, 08:24 AM
Forced dream, 3rd Level power, Magic of Eberron

I discovered it a couple of days ago, and I'm asking myself if it would be playble and usable for my actual psion. It may require a certain amount of adaptation or re-fluffing.

EDIT
I wrote SoS, in reality it's in MoE.

Necroticplague
2017-07-07, 08:36 AM
So, I believe, in the Superconsciousness book for 3.5, there's a 10 level prestige class that can just say "nope" and basically say the last however long just didn't happen. (Also they could leap through time, but not manipulate it, which just gets messy.)

Are there any other, similar style classes or effects in 3.5 or pathfinder? I'm pretty sure there's an item that does something like that.

Wish's 'undo misfortune' option is this. Teleport Through Time let's you do things a bit more manually.

Psyren
2017-07-07, 09:17 AM
There's also Time Regression. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeRegression.htm)

Zanos
2017-07-07, 09:17 AM
Forced dream, 3rd Level power, Secrets of Sarlona.

I discovered it a couple of days ago, and I'm asking myself if it would be playble and usable for my actual psion. It may require a certain amount of adaptation or re-fluffing.
Let's just say it's pretty annoying in actual practice for the entire group to have to run the last couple rounds of combat again.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-07, 09:22 AM
Forced dream, 3rd Level power, Secrets of Sarlona.

Specifically, you can combine it with Time Hop to create a video game style savepoint, like so (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?146470-Psion-Save-Game-Trick). There's some fiddly bits around sharing spells and checking the party's status and all, but the basic gist is you manifest Forced Dream on someone, then use an off-turn Time Hop (readying an action works well) to shoot them forwards in time. They pop out hours later, still on the same turn. If bad things have happened, they trigger Forced Dream and reset everything to the start of their turn... several hours ago.

Psyren
2017-07-07, 09:25 AM
Let's just say it's pretty annoying in actual practice for the entire group to have to run the last couple rounds of combat again.

That depends - if the barbarian got dominated, the cleric level drained, or someone outright died, they're probably going to be happy with you undoing that :smalltongue:

Kaleph
2017-07-07, 09:31 AM

Yep, thank you for finding the right word, annoying. Although, I've read it 2-3 times, and I think that it only resets time back to the beginning of my actual turn (assuming I am the one under forced dream) - which makes it easier to use (since I have only to recalculate the ressources that I expended, and re-play only one single round of actions of a single PC) but otoh able to ret-con only a limited numbers of unlucky events.

The Viscount
2017-07-07, 04:50 PM
Controlling it would be difficult, but a Horrific Vasuthant (MM3) can undo entire turns.

unseenmage
2017-07-07, 11:03 PM
The Time Dragon found in Dragon Magazine can hop back and forth through time nearly at will at great wyrm age.

The ability is Extraordinary so an Effigy or Elder Eidolon of it would retain the ability. It's an epic dragon though so its HD are prohibitively high for that though.