PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spell for Spell Perfection?

Barstro
2017-07-07, 01:27 PM
I've been at a loss for Feats for my Mythic Sorcerer. Right now I'm looking at the utility of having Spell Perfection so he can quicken a spell for action economy. I cannot take Spell Perfection for two more levels, so there's time to undo everything.

I'm under these attributes;
1) Sorcerer does not attack. He is there for buffing, control, and preventing TPK. The most offensive he generally gets is Greater Dispel Magic and Dimensional Anchor. One time he used Feeblemind, but he was really upset at the enemy.
2) This is a Mythic game and the PC can already do a bunch of stuff. The opportunity cost of taking this chain might be too high.
3) PC already has a Rod of Quicken (up to level 6). Again, might not be much need for Spell Perfection.

Thoughts;
1) Mythic Haste; it's a short duration and the party could always use it. But it's only level 3, so he could just craft a quicken rod; lesser.

2) Heroism, Greater. Level 6. Spell level becomes 10. Cannot do it.

3) Steal Power. Great idea, but Mythic enemies are few and far between.

4) Greater Invisibility. Not bad. Could make that one character OP, though.

Any other ideas? Should I do something other than pick up Spell Perfection? Guess I could get more crafting feats.

Eldaran
2017-07-08, 04:30 PM
I'd say it depends heavily on what three metamagic feats you have, you seem to only be considering Quicken, and while it might be the best there's other options.

Thunder999
2017-07-08, 08:50 PM
You could just pick your favourite 5th level spell and use it to quicken every casting of it, rods are only 3/day so if you want to quicken it every fight, perhaps multiple times per fight it might be nice, probably not worth it though, you don't really have much use for all the metamagic and there's not a 5th level spell that jumps to mind

Barstro
2017-07-08, 09:43 PM
you don't really have much use for all the metamagic and there's not a 5th level spell that jumps to mind

That's where I see it too.

Don't quite remember which other feats he has.