PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Same Feat Twice

Thrasher92
2017-07-07, 09:18 PM
The title says it all. Can I take the same feat twice if I want to?

I can't think that this would be very game breaking. Shouldn't a wizard be allowed to take Magic Initiate twice if he wants a couple more cantrips and a quick first level spell?

I would think a Battle Master Fighter might want to take the Martial Adept feat twice so he can have extra superiority dice and some more maneuvers he can do.

Anyone might want to take the Resilient feat to get proficiency in multiple saving throws.

Is there anything game breaking you guys can think of with this?

Perhaps if someone (for some bizarre reason) took the Mobile feat 3 times and has +30 movement then they would have 60 feet of movement every round, without dashing or anything.

I recognize that there are several feats that would be pointless to take twice but I think there are a couple I would like to take more than once.

Mith
2017-07-07, 09:21 PM
Provided you are not stacking the effects (No doubling Resilient for example), I see no problem. I personally would probably not allow any feat that stacks exactly same like Toughness, but Mobile isn't a problem to me, as you still have so many attacks.

suplee215
2017-07-07, 09:22 PM
RAW no. There are some feats such as Elemental Adept you can, but the feat specially says you can.

Naanomi
2017-07-07, 09:26 PM
In general you cannot take feats more than once (a few say you can take them multiple times). As a house rule for most feats it wouldn't matter much; but a few might get silly if repeated over and over (my Variant Human Champion takes Tough 8X and has... 504 HP?)