PDA

View Full Version : A guess on Redcloack's past...(spoilers?)=

Megaman.exe
2007-08-06, 07:02 PM
I know that probably this is told on Start of Darkness (wich I haven't read, but I intend to do it), but...

based on what Redcloak :redcloak: said on the second to last panel in OOTS#480, it would seem that Azure City, or the Saphire Guard have some sort of past conflict with Redcloack's village and/or tribe or whatever.
Miko :miko: spoke of "The wearer of the Red Mantle" or something.

Am I'm right somehow? (A yes/no answer with a brief explanation will do)

(Mark Spoilers!)

Gundato
2007-08-06, 07:05 PM
Yes. Just go read Wikipedia's summary of SoD or something.

What next, are you going to propose a radical new theory that Eugene Greenhilt is dead? :p

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-08-06, 07:10 PM
Yes.

The Sapphire Guard was on a crusade to destroy the Bearer of the Crimson Mantle. The Dark One was once a goblin who rose to godhood after being betrayed by the humans and elves when he tried to make a peace treaty. The Dark One created the Crimson Mantle (an Artifact) and gave it to the goblin clerics. Redcloak was awarded the White Cloak (not an Artifact, just a symbol of office) just before his village came under attack, and rose through the ranks by the simple fact that everyone above him was killed. When he took the Mantle, he gained the knowledge of The Plan, and quite a few cleric levels.

Read the book. My synopsis is extremely and deliberatly brief.

comicshorse
2007-08-06, 07:16 PM
Don't tell me you've fallen for Eugene's obvious trick ?

Megaman.exe
2007-08-06, 07:25 PM
Yes. Just go read Wikipedia's summary of SoD or something.

What next, are you going to propose a radical new theory that Eugene Greenhilt is dead? :p

he IS dead? O_____O!!!!!!!

Hushdawg
2007-08-06, 08:14 PM
Dude, seriously.. read Start of Darkness before making any more theories on Redcloak, Xykon, MiTD, the gates, etc so forth and so on.

Rich is going to add background to the online comics so that any ESSENTIAL information from the prequel books is integrated into the online comic, however it's just going to be a brief overview and not in-depth. (at least that's what he says in On the Origin of PCs.

factotum
2007-08-07, 01:31 AM
To be honest, it was already pretty obvious from the online comic that Redcloak holds a grudge against the paladins of Azure City, and that his mother was something to do with it (remember the "This one's for you, Mom" when he ordered the catapaults to fire). We already knew that the paladins went across the world destroying all who might know something about the gates, too. Not that hard to put two and two together, even without SoD!