PDA

View Full Version : How many playgrounders intend to troll the advertisements .

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-07, 10:33 PM
I already am who would join me.
Link to an ad here.http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529527-supplementvalley-com-xcell-180

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-07, 10:37 PM
New add http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529528-supplementvalley-com-alpha-testo-max

gooddragon1
2017-07-07, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure it's allowed though.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-08, 12:42 AM
Under bannable offenses.
Commercial (For-Profit) Advertising
Posting advertisements for commercial products, services, or events will result in an immediate ban, and all advertisements removed. Note that a suggestion of a product in the course of a related discussion is not considered advertising (unless the poster holds a personal stake in the finances of the company suggested). For example, if you are posting to a thread regarding d20 rules for shipboard combat, feel free to point other posters to a sourcebook on the topic. You can even link to the company that publishes it—as long as you do not work for that company. But do not start a thread whose sole purpose is to trumpet Book X and declare its greatness to the population at large.

(Exception: Representatives of Giant in the Playground and/or its licensees and distributors are permitted to make posts advertising services and products related directly to Giant in the Playground. They are not permitted to make posts advertising other services they might provide.)

Posters are not permitted to advertise or sell goods or services on this forum. If you wish to advertise a non-commercial website, please refer to rules regarding advertising.

Fri
2017-07-08, 12:44 AM
you misunderstood.

what's not allowed is responding to spam threads like what you're doing

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-08, 12:45 AM
The user alphax cell most likely made the account this month with the intent and purpose of selling his male enhancment products on this site.breaking a rule and getting.ppperma banned.

Fri
2017-07-08, 12:51 AM
Yes, but you're not supposed to respond to spambots. What you're supposed to do is report them using the report button. I'm not a mod, but I'm pretty sure when they delete those threads and see you purposefully responding to them, you'll get warned as well. Also for make out of topic threads like this.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-08, 01:19 AM
I pmed mark at 5pm ill delete ths thread if its the right thing to DO

Fri
2017-07-08, 03:21 AM
Anyway, since you seem to be kinda new in the internet, the reason why you're not supposed to respond to them are mainly two.

1. If you respond to them you're actually giving attention to them. Especially if they make a thread like that, then you post on them, you're actually making the thread rise to the top and drowning actual discussion topics, you know what I mean? Imagine if not only you, but multiple people do that. That spam thread will keep rising to the top, and that's what the spammer actually want.

2. The spambot won't care about your harsh language. It's a spambot. It's a program that automatically posts links on forums, not an actual human being.

In this forum, what you're supposed to do, is clicking the report button, that is the triangle with exclamation mark (!) button on the lower left corner of the post. It's not only for reporting spams, but anything you think need to be reported.

Anyway, you can't actually delete threads that you've started, but if you genuinely don't understand about all of this I'm sure the mod wouldn't actually punish you or anything. Just be careful on the net, alright?:smallsmile:

LibraryOgre
2017-07-10, 10:30 AM
The Mod Wonder: Do not do this.

Per the Forum Rules:

Responding to Spam
If you see a Spam post, please Report it. DO NOT respond to it, even if your response is "This is spam!" or a similar variation. All this does is draw attention to the thread, furthering the spammer's goals, and potentially make it more difficult for a Moderator to correct the problem; it does not in any way help.

Also per the forum rules:

"Mea culpa" Offenses
Acknowledging the fact that your activity is breaking the rules is not allowed, nor is it a defense. If anything, it's flaunting breaking the rules, which is very insulting to both the staff and all the posters who take the time to try to follow the rules. Likewise, attempting to ward off an Infraction by admitting your behavior violates the Forum Rules is not tolerated. This will, instead, result in a second Infraction. If you know, or even think, that what you are about to do is worthy of an Infraction, then just don't do it. Find another way of saying what you wish to say or hold your peace altogether. Here are some examples of a "mea culpa" offense:

"I know this is probably flaming, but you're a jerk." This would be worthy of two Infractions: calling someone a jerk is flaming, and acknowledging that you are flaming earns you a mea culpa penalty.
"I'd really love to tell you what I think of you, but it'd be against the rules." This would also be worthy of two Infractions. Passive-aggressive flaming is still flaming, and, once again, it earns a mea culpa penalty.
"I know this is harsh, and mods delete this if you must but..."
"We're not supposed to discuss religion here, but...

Beyond it being against the forum rules, chances are, you are yelling at a robot that does not hear you and is not aware of you in the least.