PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Controlling a Djinni

BardicSonnets
2017-07-08, 02:25 AM
So I'm looking to summon a Djinni. Magic is our in game world has gone haywire and we have to roll to even see if our spells will go off as intended. So as we move into the final stages of the conflict where we challenge the Celestials who ****ed magic up to begin with, but have no problem since they are godly beings, I look to bring an ace in the hole to this fight. My question is a simple one, what steps should I take to ensure that I don't get horribly murdered or have my wish twisted and set back upon me. I plan on wishing that magic returns to it's normal state in the world so we can at least have an even playing ground as far as being able to use spells without worry.

Dappershire
2017-07-08, 02:40 AM
Well, while your DM may be lenient enough for that, I don't think Djinn are powerful enough to counter the will of even a minor God, much less all of them. They do have the wish granting ability (some), but its based on their service. Which you don't exactly get just through a summoning. It would take a lot of Noble Djinn working for you, I think. And they don't exactly serve for the fun of it.
I suppose you could always hit the Plane of Air, kiss hands and shake babies, trying to gather a political grouping of Djinn.

Unoriginal
2017-07-08, 04:39 AM
Go meet powerful a Djinni, be polite, and offer them somptuous gifts in exchange for their help.

Question, though, why did Celestials mess up with magic?