PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Path

whitemane
2017-07-08, 09:11 AM
Any chance that Giant is going to publish an adventure based on the OOTS comics once all of this is done?

I think it would be awesome!

legomaster00156
2017-07-08, 10:20 AM
Nobody here can answer that, but I would seriously doubt it.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-08, 10:36 AM
I very much doubt it. Nor do I expect that it would be that good if it was done. The joy of OOTS is in the humor and the characterization, which are by far the hardest (perhaps impossible) elements to translate into an adventure path or campaign setting. Once you inevitably lose a lot of that, you're left with an intentionally-generic plot and setting.

Anonymouswizard
2017-07-08, 11:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he did some sort of setting after it's all done, I know he at least dabbled with it in the past (there's a bit in one of the books, I want to say NCfPB, where he has a setting writeup for Azure City), but an adventure path is unlikely. To keep it focused on the OotS story you'd have to be very heavy on the railroad, and you'd miss out on the humour and characterisation which, as Grod says, is so important.

Also, OotS is in some ways a very generic D&D story with a lot of character thrown in, I'm not sure it could reasonable distinguish itself in any way.

(Of course, there's always the possibility of entirely new stories in the OotS world, but nobody apart from The Giant himself and maybe those who know him in real life has any idea what he plans to do once OotS is finished.)

Jay R
2017-07-10, 09:54 PM
Really?

Am I the only one who's designed a pyramid once guarded by illusionists who are now all dead?