PDA

View Full Version : Cheesy Stunts

Jaxter Gronaldi
2017-07-08, 04:26 PM
Your most epic game exploitations, funny tricks, etc. Ex: Bag of Holding + Bottle of Air shenanigans!

Lombra
2017-07-08, 04:38 PM
Not an exploit, and not a magic item shenanigan, but a cool stunt: there once was a flameskull in a swamp, fliying out of reach, with the only ranged attacks being scorching rays and firebolts from a sorcerer (hence not very effective). Me, as a tiefling monk, run across the swamp, climbed a tree, jumped towards the flameskull with step of the wind, grappled it and brought it to the ground, where a brawling fist-fest happened all over its face. It was defeated, and ever since then our DM never threw single monsters at the party.

No brains
2017-07-08, 05:42 PM
I had once planned to get more reliable castings of divination by casting augury and asking "How will I fare if I heed my next divination's advice?" It could have guaranteed me two reliable answers, but my DM didn't approve of the stunt.

Fredaintdead
2017-07-08, 05:55 PM
Not cheese but fun moments.

High level: Used my Barbarian's fly speed to drop into a small group of Illithids and Beholders like an angry Superman (We were like Lv16-17 and all decked out in personalised Artifacts. Several of us were steadily becoming burgeoning demigods), before proceeding to block disintegration rays with my chest and play whack-a-mole with three Beholders.

Low level: Dwarven Battlerager. Surrounded by bandits. Having the absolute time of his life. Punch the one bandit, kill him. Tavern Brawler lets me grapple as a bonus action when I punch/use an improvised weapon. The bandit is dead so he can't exactly avoid being grappled. Use sheer Rage and adrenaline to grin savagely through repeated attempts to hack my face off with Scimitars. Smash a bandit with another bandit next round. At this point there was a distinct lack of bandits left to slay, so I found a comfy tree and took a nap to heal my stab-wounds.

Specter
2017-07-08, 07:23 PM
Warlock 2/Abjurer X. Infinite Mage Armor through Armor of Shadows means your Arcane Ward is always recharged.

Dudewithknives
2017-07-08, 08:30 PM
At level 5, battle master fighter, getting in a fight on a ship at sea with a pair of brutes, 1 in half plate sword and board, the other full plate sword and board. We were level 5, they had AC of 19 and 20, and lots of HP.

Action 1: grapple guy in plate trying to kill me, move 5 feet, grabbed the guy wearing half plate hitting put cleric.
Action surge, dragged them 10 feet to the edge of the boat, 2 actions to shove both of them off the boat into the ocean, in a storm.

Ignored all that nice ac in favor of their untrained athletics and acrobatics.

Another example with the same guy.

Fighting some kind of master swordsman NPC. Level 7 by now.

Action: attack, maneuver to disarm, interact with object to pick up his rapier, second attack action to throw it down the hallway.
Action surge: grabbed unarmed target, moved to drag him from a hallway into an a joining room, second action to lock the door.

It did not go well after that for him after that.

Another time, same guy, I think level 10 or 11, had mariner fighting style, btw.

Normal action grappled some archer npc, disarmed him, and used slight of hand to grab and drop his backup melee weapon.

Action surge to use dash action and climbed 30 feet up the side of huge cave wall. Putting us both out of anyone else's darkvision range, with him unarmed, and if he wanted to break the grapple he has a 30 ft drop to look forward to.

While playing a moon druid, I spied on various dignitaries and high ranking military officials by replacing and replacing their mounts.

I even convinced the DM to let me roll deception to fake being the right mount.

I even got a stable boy fired from his job because I was wearing the wrong barding.

Foxhound438
2017-07-08, 09:43 PM
I was a low-ish level aarocockra monk, used action to grapple a caster, bonus action dash + move as far into the air as possible (at half speed of course). Ended up doing close to fireball damage for my turn, so pretty successful. In retrospect it was probably debatable as to whether or not I should have been able to fly at all due to encumbrance, but that's besides the point.

sir_argo
2017-07-08, 09:58 PM
We found a Necklace of Adaptation. Nobody in the party wanted it (they had better items attuned). So I took it and made a Simulacrum, had him attune it, and stuffed him into my Bag of Holding. During our last adventure (campaign was ending) I pulled out the Caster in a Bag and had him unload all of those one use spell slots (he actually survived!).

Lombra
2017-07-09, 06:12 AM
I was a low-ish level aarocockra monk, used action to grapple a caster, bonus action dash + move as far into the air as possible (at half speed of course). Ended up doing close to fireball damage for my turn, so pretty successful. In retrospect it was probably debatable as to whether or not I should have been able to fly at all due to encumbrance, but that's besides the point.

You simply move at half your speed while dragging someone grappled, it should apply to flying movement too.

follacchioso
2017-07-09, 07:20 AM
You simply move at half your speed while dragging someone grappled, it should apply to flying movement too.you still need to have enough strength to carry the weight of two enemies plus their armor.

TheTeaMustFlow
2017-07-09, 08:03 AM
Probably doesn't qualify as cheese, but a fun stunt I've enjoyed is combining a Devotion Paladin with a caster making liberal use of Hypnotic Pattern, which the 7th level Devotion aura gives immunity to. Comparatively simple, but in my experience very effective.