PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Bevandrad (Roofwalker Ranger Archetype 2.0) (PEACH)

polymphus
2017-07-08, 07:11 PM
I've been playing around with the suggested changes, and I've decided to put together a decent-looking doc. Some issues I currently see myself:

1) I'm really not sold on the name. Archetype names tend to be fairly punchy and explain what it does in the name. I was struggling to find a word for "a person who knows a particular city really well" that had a suitable sense of gravitas and I'm still not sure I've found it. Bevandrad means exactly that by the by, but it's Swedish and I'd prefer English if there's an actual world.
2) the formatting makes it quite hard to read. I couldn't find any cool backgrounds that weren't dark as hell and I don't know how to change the colour of the text. EDIT: removed the background
3) ruleswise, I worry it's overcomplicated -- three level 3 abilities, lots of text in Slick etc.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1QOuvJkr-

Please honestly let me know what you think! I'm trying to balance this for an upcoming campaign and I'd rather people trash it now than my players break every encounter to pieces.

Liran Sterling
2017-07-08, 09:32 PM
I like it! I'd almost say stray away from the heavy emphasis on magic, since it's a very martial thing to be in a city, but I really like it. For names, I think perhaps Scoundrel might work, but that's very rogue-like. Although, to be fair, this seems very much to be a blend of Ranger and Rogue, which I can get behind. Maybe just call it an Urban Scout? Sorry, I can't for the life of me think of a better name...