PDA

View Full Version : A question, concerning the creation of a PrC

stolenchariot
2007-08-06, 10:27 PM
If anyone's read my thread where I asked for help naming things, you'd know I'm working on a campaign setting for use with my group. One thing I will be working on besides my variants to the races will be a few region specific prestige classes. The one I'd like to tackle first is entitled The Crimson Guard. They are the elite forces and imperial body guards of the Alakhand empire that dwells in the southernmost wastes. Thing is, I've very little idea of what I'd like to do with the class. Any and all ideas are welcome. just keep in mind that that the empire itself was founded by a war god, and this class should reflect that without making them a cleric prestigeclass or anything similar.

Kyace
2007-08-06, 11:25 PM
I don't know what exactly you want your class to be, but an underlooked example of an divine fighter PrC is the blackguard. Most people enter blackguard as a fallen paladin, but you could enter as a fighter 7 or ranger 6. You could completely reflavor and retool the blackguard into however you wish to see your Crimson Guard. Remove the evil powers and give them powers you think your war god would rather them have. Swap out the evil spells with other divine spells, maybe from the paladin spelllist or the war domain. If you dislike smite evil and smite good, you might convert it into a smite dragon (or whatever) or a favored enemy type deal.

stolenchariot
2007-08-06, 11:30 PM
well I didn't want them to be devoted to the war god himself really. I was thinking of retooling blackguard, and paladin period, but I was thinking of doing a class sort of like a spellsword, but with a lot more middle eastern flavor. Something that will really bring the empire alive for th players.