PDA

View Full Version : So i'm making a kobold artificer (go figure...)

that_one_kobold
2017-07-10, 01:19 AM
I'm really liking the idea of my newest character, a kobold artificer named Gareeks. He is going to be a gunsmith so that i can make use of the pack tactics kobolds get. Now, i'm thinking of role-playing him so that he has an obsession with dragons, (more than your usual kobold) and will be constantly be trying to find dragons blood so that he can perform a ritual and complete his life dream! He will also try to use his adept knowledge of magic items to attempt to free Kurtulmak from his prison, where he was trapped by the terrible Garl Glittergold! Speaking of which, Gareeks HATES gnomes to an extent that dwarfs that of any other kobold! You see, he feels contempt for them because he is jealous of their innate knowledge of mechanics and such. Now, he is also more arrogant than other kobolds and thinks he is above them. (but he still likes them more than other races, he just sees them as... basic, for lack of a better term) But in doing all of these things, is ironically 200% more kobold! Now, he still doesn't act too much different than a regular kobold, still being a coward and what not, but he is more civilized (to an extent) than your average red-skinned mini-dragon.

What do you guys think? Do you guys think i should change anything or maybe you guys could give me some tips on role-playing him properly.

jaappleton
2017-07-10, 06:50 AM
I'm not gonna lie: I've zero Kobold experience. None. I've never fought a Kobold or interacted with one.

That said? I've played a lot of characters. Both NPCs as a DM and player characters.

So long as you're memorable and don't get on people's nerves (too much), you're doing it right.

Jaxter Gronaldi
2017-07-10, 07:25 AM
What is his life dream? Also, you need to make sure your character doesn't interfere tOO much with the plot or you will anger your Dm.

Maxilian
2017-07-10, 09:10 AM
Make the robot servant be a backpack like robot that let you get wings, so you could go around saying you're an Urd (they normally have a superiority complex over the rest)