PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Thematic Help: any updated way to throw and damage enemies?

sage20500
2017-07-10, 01:20 AM
Getting ready to start a pathfinder game real soon, and I'm starting out with a level 1 Massive Bite Wulfkin Sanguinist Medic that has access to Broken Blade and Fools Errand. I was planning on grabbing the feat that allows me to make a bite attack when ever I use a strike, and was looking into all the feats that would allow me to grab or possibly trip things with said bite attack. After looking back through my maneuvers though from fools errand and realizing how flavorful and fun Whirlwind Sweep can be, (you can throw an opponent 10ft in any direction, including up, and they take fall damage when applicable); are there any other ways I can potentially do more things like this with my current setup as a full 20 sanguinist medic?

I've just been feeling really cinematic with this particular character and the idea of the brawler who tosses people around as well as possibly tossing people out through windows or off cliffs seems really fun at for him.

Nigeretalbus
2017-07-10, 01:48 AM
Preface: I have no experience with PoW and therefore cannot guess your current characters abilities.

However, if you want a simple, at-will way to throw enemies and have fun, I recommend the appropriately named Foe Throw talent of the Kineticist (3rd level form infusion, accessible at level 7 by an aether/aether kineticist or at level 8 by an Blood Kineticist.)

sage20500
2017-07-14, 03:33 PM
Kind if too late for me to make a kineticist, gm already has my character sheet and i was trying to figure out if it was possible to build off what im already using instead of making something different.

That and its a first time gm, im lucky enough that hes been cool with letting me use path of war as it is. Not sure howd he handle me trying to instead make a psionics character when he has no idea how psionics work as of yet.

Azoth
2017-07-14, 09:45 PM
I think Broken Blade has some throws in it. You can also always refluff Bullrush as throwing them backwards.

A fun thought would be to get a burrow speed and a fly speed. Burrow under them and then bulrush up from between their feet, since are pushed "directly back" that would be straight up into the air. Add some Kinetic Kickers from Steelforge and if you succeed that is a minimum 15ft into the air.

Now you got me wanting to go for a bullrush/trip werewolf NPC to throw at my PCs. It is going to be fun, "Hello martial Charge!"

sage20500
2017-07-15, 12:18 AM
Ok, so rules question with Iron Monger's Throw... if I toss someone off of an area to where they should take fall damage when ever they land on the ground, do they only just take the 6d6 points of damage that the maneuver calls out, do they take the 6d6 plus Xd6 based on how far they fell, or do they only take which ever would be higher between the 6d6 or Xd6 fall damage?

Also, for a medic, what feats should I be looking out for for bull rushing and tripping because I'm now starting to have a lot of fun thinking about all the havoc I could cause by doing that. Are they're any feats that allow you to take on bull rushes to Path of War strikes?

Azoth
2017-07-15, 02:33 AM
Maneuver + fall damage.

Dirty Fighter counts as Combat Expertise and removes the INT 13 prerequisites from the Trip line of feats.

There aren't any feats to tack it onto a maneuver, but there are several that give a trip or bullrush as part of the strike.

It will be a very feat intensive build, so I would offload some of the combat feats that are either late game or not part of a chain to +1 Training Gauntlets.

Basic idea for what I was thinking would culminate in Attack, Trip, use AoO to bull rush enemy through allies for AoO goodies or away from party to avoid a full attack return.

When I get off work. I will throw together something a bit more solid build skeleton to show what I am talking about.

sage20500
2017-07-15, 03:10 AM
Maneuver + fall damage.

Dirty Fighter counts as Combat Expertise and removes the INT 13 prerequisites from the Trip line of feats.

There aren't any feats to tack it onto a maneuver, but there are several that give a trip or bullrush as part of the strike.

It will be a very feat intensive build, so I would offload some of the combat feats that are either late game or not part of a chain to +1 Training Gauntlets.

Basic idea for what I was thinking would culminate in Attack, Trip, use AoO to bull rush enemy through allies for AoO goodies or away from party to avoid a full attack return.

When I get off work. I will throw together something a bit more solid build skeleton to show what I am talking about.

Sweet, that sounds awesome. Yeah, the inspiration struck me because i wanted to stay away from some of the more powerful things you could do with path of war in order to get the group of newbies and the new gm used to the idea of what one could do, and looking between broken blade and fools errand, ive seen at least 8 maneuvers that i feel would be fun to mess around with but wouldnt make it seem like im overpowered compared to the group (the rogue and the palladin can still feel useful in fights).

As much as locks seem interesting, i think i might stay away from the locked maneuvers in order to not have to explain a new rules system to the gm since ill probably already be bringing up tripping, grappling and bullrushing several times. Though there is some sadness in the fact that feat tax house rules are not in place, so ill have to take both improved bull rush, trip, and grapple ect... alot of my medics expertises are probably going to be going to granting extra feats possibly.

Kurald Galain
2017-07-15, 03:24 AM
Kind if too late for me to make a kineticist, gm already has my character sheet and i was trying to figure out if it was possible to build off what im already using instead of making something different.

Don't worry about that, your current character sounds already much better than anything the notoriously-weak kinny could come up with.

There's also the Ki Throw line of feats that let you throw people around (and that despite the name don't actually require a ki pool), as well as Shield Slam (which knocks enemies backwards).

sage20500
2017-07-16, 02:26 AM
Don't worry about that, your current character sounds already much better than anything the notoriously-weak kinny could come up with.

There's also the Ki Throw line of feats that let you throw people around (and that despite the name don't actually require a ki pool), as well as Shield Slam (which knocks enemies backwards).

Does pathfinder have anything similar to the dungeon crashing fighter acf from 3.5? just not necessarily having to deal with bull rushing people into walls?

Kurald Galain
2017-07-16, 02:45 AM
Does pathfinder have anything similar to the dungeon crashing fighter acf from 3.5? just not necessarily having to deal with bull rushing people into walls?

Yes. Siegebreaker fighter archetype and/or Raging Throw feat.

Azoth
2017-07-16, 04:26 AM
Siege breaker Fighter2/Ranger (Natural attack Style)2/ Medic 16 with Focused Initiator Medic as a trait wouldn't be bad. Full Initiator level progression.

Feats:
1) Dirty Fighter
3)Improved Trip
Rng2) Aspect of the Beast (claws)
5) Power Attack
7) Improved Bullrush
9) Martial Charge

I would offload Greater Trip, Greater Bullrush, and Combat Reflexes onto +1 Training Cestus' and a Training AoMF. Would cost 20K GP to do so.

If you dabble Primal Fury, use Raging Hunter's Pounce. Charge + Full Attack. Claw, Claw, Bite, Trip, AoO (Bullrush), free Overrrun.

Oh, if you pick Human for your subtype you can get the Human Medic FCB and get 1/6 an Expertise each level.