PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Magic Item Shop Inventory

Fayd
2017-07-10, 12:23 PM
Hello playground! In games I'm both running and plan to run, I'm going to be sending players on their break to Beast Buy or Bloodbath and Beyond or Warmart (inspired by the Adventure Zone's Fantasy Costco) ... a sort of tongue in cheek magic item shop selling fairly minor magical items of all sorts. I don't want to just list out the DMG items, and I feel like this sort of list is both fun to think about as well as could be useful for other DMs.

The ideal format for MY purposes would be:
Item Name
Item tags (consumable, healing, damage, etc.)
Physical description
Effect when used

Edit: To make this more user friendly, I'm going to reserve some space for listing out created items in the event this thread takes off. I'll list out the items in big spoiler blocks to make it easier to shop.

Fayd
2017-07-10, 12:34 PM
(Reserved Space in the event the thread takes off for cataloguing)

Oramac
2017-07-10, 02:04 PM
I have a whole slew of magic items (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkgjcJlAg) I've made. Most of them aren't minor, and a couple are intentionally really OP, but overall they're really fun.

I specifically tried to avoid +X bonuses, but they could be added easily if one chose to do so.

Lolzyking
2017-07-10, 02:16 PM
magical cigarettes
Consumable
A brand of cigarettes marked with a glowing stamp.

Reduce your life span by an unknown amount of time.
They grant advantage on saving throws the first 12 times you use them, except on addiction saving throws.

Once you are addicted you have disadvantage on all saving throws unless smoking

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 03:03 PM
I have a demonic whip and a magical chefs hat from the nine hells.
Othereise have multiple bags of holding healing potions scrolls so on and so forth.

Fayd
2017-07-10, 07:38 PM
Oramac; that's a great resource, thanks! I won't be adding them to this thread directly, but I appreciate it. (When I've got more stuff I may add a link in the main post if that's ok with you).

Lolzyking: All right, I will add them to the consumable list.

Sariel Vailo: Do you have any more details on the item?

I suppose I should have included an example of what I was thinking (the following is specifically intended for the Beast Buy)

Squeak Squad Support Ticket
{Consumable, Healing}
This small yellow ticket can be burned to summon the Squeak Squad Support Team. A cadre of mice in nice shirts and ties appear, offering the party support and advice (especially advice regarding magical items). During a short rest, any hit dice rolled (or bonus dice from effects such as Song of Rest) are maximized.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 07:57 PM
Oramac; that's a great resource, thanks! I won't be adding them to this thread directly, but I appreciate it. (When I've got more stuff I may add a link in the main post if that's ok with you).

Lolzyking: All right, I will add them to the consumable list.

Sariel Vailo: Do you have any more details on the item?

I suppose I should have included an example of what I was thinking (the following is specifically intended for the Beast Buy)

Squeak Squad Support Ticket
{Consumable, Healing}
This small yellow ticket can be burned to summon the Squeak Squad Support Team. A cadre of mice in nice shirts and ties appear, offering the party support and advice (especially advice regarding magical items). During a short rest, any hit dice rolled (or bonus dice from effects such as Song of Rest) are maximized.

Actually yeah in my signature under homebrew itll take you to all the stuff ive made