PDA

View Full Version : Any half feat you found particularly interesting?

Corran
2017-07-10, 02:15 PM
What the title says. UA feats included.

For me, it's diplomat, though only one (quick) session in, I haven't used it yet. It looks very promising though.

Vaz
2017-07-10, 02:19 PM
Brawny. But I'm playing a Shield Master, so it's pretty much necessary without having to detract to take Rogue.

alchahest
2017-07-10, 02:27 PM
Currently using investigator, and previously had used empathetic. Both have been useful!

Naanomi
2017-07-10, 02:39 PM
A Druid I am playing has both Observant and Perceptive... works great; especially when in the form of an animal that has advantage on Perception checks (Passive Perception: 37?)

I played a disguise focused character once that took Actor and would have definetly taken Master of Disguise if it was available when I played the character

I can also envision taking 'stealthy', a Stealthy/Skulker Ranger for example.

From PHB there is of course Resiliant...

X3r4ph
2017-07-10, 02:54 PM
I play a Swashbuckler 5/ Shadow Sorcerer 12 with Resilient Constitution and Human Determination Charisma. It's fantastic. I have been running him with 19 in Charisma for many levels. Then came the Feats for Races UA and saved my arse.

Foxhound438
2017-07-10, 03:11 PM
linguist and keen mind have both always struck me as very good if you're in the right setting.

strangebloke
2017-07-10, 03:51 PM
Inspiring leader. Very powerful, very thematic.

Makes a mid-level paladin with a dozen or so minions way scarier than he should be, especially under gritty rules. Each use of inspring leader grants six people CHA + character level temporary HP. A single person can only benefit from this once between short rests... but he can use this ability on multiple sets of people. So if you can afford 20-30 minutes, you can dramatically increase the HP of a bunch of low-level NPCs, on every short rest.

So those 11 hp, 16 AC guards become 20+ hp, 16 AC guards, who are also getting a +5 to their saves courtesy of paladin, and get half their HP back between every short rest.

Great for chewing through low-level encounters.

Naanomi
2017-07-10, 04:01 PM
Inspiring leader. Very powerful, very thematic.
A great feat, but not a half-feat (which are those feats which also give +1 to a stat)

strangebloke
2017-07-10, 05:03 PM
A great feat, but not a half-feat (which are those feats which also give +1 to a stat)

Ack didn't have phb with me when I wrote that.