PDA

View Full Version : So intresting or stupid.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 05:14 PM
I always saw my dwarf cleric or pladin not using armor and using a big weapon.vefore combat he neatly removes his robe and enters combat with morradins holy symbol tatoed on his chest or fore arms named in dwarven godaxe.but its impossible sigh he is a cool dwarf.
Or my dwarf female barb hugger.out of scag

clash
2017-07-10, 05:30 PM
Just muticlass cleric one level into monk for unarmored defense and it is completely doable. Alternatively multiclass paladin one level into sorcerer for draconic defense or whatever it is called or mage armor. Or take the magic initiate feat to get mage armor 1/day.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 05:32 PM
Just muticlass cleric one level into monk for unarmored defense and it is completely doable. Alternatively multiclass paladin one level into sorcerer for draconic defense or whatever it is called or mage armor. Or take the magic initiate feat to get mage armor 1/day.
For cleric will i get my 9 th level spells.but monk or barb for unarmored defense.hmm

Grod_The_Giant
2017-07-10, 06:11 PM
For cleric will i get my 9 th level spells.but monk or barb for unarmored defense.hmm
A Cleric can lose up to 3 caster levels and still get 9th level spells; you'll even still get your domain capstone.

Hypersmith
2017-07-10, 06:20 PM
yep, I am playing a "clergy" grave domain cleric right now with one level of monk. Works pretty great. Don't even fear level 20, because it's a debatable feature anyway.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 07:26 PM
A Cleric can lose up to 3 caster levels and still get 9th level spells; you'll even still get your domain capstone.

Thank you grod.but on your opinion a three level dip than cleric majority three levl dip monk or barbarian which will still allow intrest and still keep up with the party.dwarf or not dwarf. Because this may be my next character

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-10, 07:47 PM
Speaking of dwarves a lot as im a drow i know what lolths additional spheres can be. But what other spheres may morridin have any dwarves out their.

Hypersmith
2017-07-10, 08:20 PM
Thank you grod.but on your opinion a three level dip than cleric majority three levl dip monk or barbarian which will still allow intrest and still keep up with the party.dwarf or not dwarf. Because this may be my next character

Monk, because their unarmored defense is Dexterity and Wisdom. Wisdom will scale naturally as your spellcasting stat, and you might choose to have high dex rather than the traditional strength for a cleric. Compared to barbarian using Con and Dex.

Also, you don't have to dip three levels. I'd argue it's best to only dip one, so you get 3 channel divinity and an ASI at cleric 19.

Herobizkit
2017-07-11, 04:08 AM
Moradin's suggested Domain is Knowledge (being the "all-father" of the Dwarves and their source of Smithing lore).

Monk/Cleric has a very good synergy. You could even 'double down' on your concept and make a grappling dwarf monk.

I don't generally build for level 20; I do the opposite, where I front-load a character as best I can. I find that games invariably peter out long before 20, so best to enjoy what you can do 'now'. ^_^

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-11, 11:35 AM
Moradin's suggested Domain is Knowledge (being the "all-father" of the Dwarves and their source of Smithing lore).

Monk/Cleric has a very good synergy. You could even 'double down' on your concept and make a grappling dwarf monk.

I don't generally build for level 20; I do the opposite, where I front-load a character as best I can. I find that games invariably peter out long before 20, so best to enjoy what you can do 'now'. ^_^

Are their other dwarven gods. I was looking at life or war clerics.so i was just asking if he had a second sphere.

qube
2017-07-11, 11:56 AM
Are their other dwarven gods. I was looking at life or war clerics.so i was just asking if he had a second sphere.Clangeddin Silverbeard (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Clangeddin_Silverbeard) is the dwarven god of war.

Berronar Truesilver (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Berronar_Truesilver), The Revered Mother, is the deity of home, marriage and healing.

As for the spheres (or domains) - as far as I know, in 5e, these are only suggestions. I don't think there are rules that prevent you from taking a different domain then the one suggested in the books.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-11, 12:36 PM
Clangeddin Silverbeard (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Clangeddin_Silverbeard) is the dwarven god of war.

Berronar Truesilver (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Berronar_Truesilver), The Revered Mother, is the deity of home, marriage and healing.

As for the spheres (or domains) - as far as I know, in 5e, these are only suggestions. I don't think there are rules that prevent you from taking a different domain then the one suggested in the books.
Thank you very much.