PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What cleric spells for a Ravener Hunter wood archer inquisitor?

Ecliptic
2017-07-10, 06:29 PM
Hello folkes!

As the topic says, I'm helping a friend create a ranever hunter archetype inquisitor. It will be an archer inquisitor, and thus will focus on the wood mystery.

My question is relatively simple - one of the things that the archetype provides is access to cleric spells with the "gopd" descriptor up to level 6 that are not normally on the inquisitor list. I'm, admittedly, not confident in my familiarity with the whole of the cleric spell list.

Anyone have recommendations for spells that would be especially useful for an archery-based inquisitor that are on the cleric list, have the "good descriptor, and are not normally accessible to inquisitors?

Thanks

Geddy2112
2017-07-10, 09:06 PM
For future use, the advanced spell search (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/tools/advanced-spell-search/)can help

That said, there are not very many for an archer inquisitor. Light of iomedae is pretty good. Angelic aspect is decent for flight. Eaglesoul is really good for an all day buff and it makes the ravener hunter do its thing even more, but it comes on late game. Sacred space might be useful depending on the campaign and works well with the archetype. Burst of radiance is okay, and for what it's worth you get blinding ray a level earlier.

I assume wood is being taken for the +1 to wooden weapons revelation? What other revelation will you take?

Ecliptic
2017-07-10, 10:31 PM
Probably the one that enables you to speak with wood. Should be able to come up with a lot of social and rp things to do with that (speaking with weapons, doors, etc.)

Geddy2112
2017-07-10, 11:12 PM
Hm, I just now realize how powerful that is...talking to a ship for instance. The problem is you have to meet the level requirement, and the inquisitor gets it at 8, when you need to be an 11th level oracle to select that power.

Psyren
2017-07-11, 07:32 AM
Hm, I just now realize how powerful that is...talking to a ship for instance. The problem is you have to meet the level requirement, and the inquisitor gets it at 8, when you need to be an 11th level oracle to select that power.

You can use the retraining rules to grab it once your character is 11+.