PDA

View Full Version : Nightfall [IC]

ylvathrall
2017-07-10, 06:48 PM
OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?529873-Nightfall-OOC)

You stand amid the carnage on the cold snowfield, in the pale light of the new day. It seems almost hard to believe after the assault of the night. The monsters came one wave after another, men and beasts alike tainted with a darkness that clung to them even in the flickering torchlight. They threw themselves upon your blades, desperate to die for the chance to kill. Half a dozen of them might fall for every one of you, but there seemed to be no end to them, and sheer numbers were enough to drag down more of your number than you'd like. Dozens of corpses litter the ground, wolves and humanoids and a single great polar bear, with Asdy's spear in its eye. But Asdy died, the guard leader brought down by half a dozen mangled men with broken weapons. And she was not alone; more than a few of the members of the caravan are lying cold and still on the ground, including the caravan leader. Many of the wagons themselves are too damaged to travel.

The residents of this small, nameless village fought with you, and some few of them were also brought down by the shadowy monsters. But they seem to be taking it in stride, to a rather strange degree. Most of them are at the lake to the north, working on or near the water; when the wind is right you can smell it, the distinct and pungent odor of fish being smoked.

The other members of the caravan are not so calm. Many of the other survivors of the attack are sitting around, mourning the dead, binding wounds, or simply staring into space with glassy eyes. Everyone knew that this crossing was dangerous, of course they did, and it's not as though this was the first hazard you'd seen, but none of you expected this.

The sun is up, now, casting a thin light over the survivors of the night. It doesn't seem to be climbing as high in the sky as it ought to, recently, and the light isn't so strong as you might like. The wind has a biting edge to it, cold enough to nip at unprotected skin even in the daytime. The days are short here, in the autumn, and you have a sinking feeling that the night will be long, and dark, and bloody.

TheOneHawk
2017-07-10, 08:50 PM
Ivar takes a long look at the group of survivors, sizing them up. Not a lot of fighters, few of the guards made it, some of the passengers looked to know what end of a sword to use, but not a group he's thrilled to stake his life on in a fight. There's nothing he can do about it, though, so he shrugs and heads over to the wagon he'd stored his supplies in, grabbing his trapping equipment and mounting up on Grani. He remains silent as he rides away from the camp to set up an array of defenses to help keep the creatures at bay, should they return.

Lord Bayushi
2017-07-10, 11:24 PM
Pallus closed his journal, storing it back in his enchanted backpack as he looked over what was left of the scene. The writing calmed him, as it always did. Several of the caravan members were digging graves in the frozen earth, a combination of the elements and exhaustion hampering their efforts. After looking around for and finding another shovel, he joined them, hoping to overhear the conversations and learn more about the survivors.

Halae
2017-07-11, 07:27 PM
Having stayed up much later than she enjoys, the half-drow Emilia is just now rousing herself to wakefulness, despite the day already having started hours before. It was a hard night, and while many of the caravaners distrust her (for her heritage, for her eidolon, or for her choice of style), she at least proved herself a useful companion last night, with her summoned thing killing several of the corpses that now lay on the ground personally.

She'll take some time as she awakens to summon her eidolon into the material world, giving it the form of a great, writhing mass of tentacles, with the occasional glimpse of baleful yellow eyes staring out at the world. It doesn't move quickly, but sticks close to Emilia herself, and soon enough the Half-drow is clad in her silk bodysuit, stiletto heels, and corset as she steps out to see what the gathering going on now is all about. She ends up brushing her blond hair out of her eyes a fair number times due to the wind, but remains quiet while others speak.

QuidEst
2017-07-11, 10:41 PM
Umji stood close at hand as the graves were being dug. He murmured prayers to any of the empyreal lords that cared to listen- he'd never had much experience with this sort of thing. His presence helped ward off the cold in the area, suffusing it with enough warmth to weaken the frost's grip on the earth, at least nearby. There was also the matter of burning the bodies of their assailants, just in case. Blue flame licked at one after another, providing what simple cleansing they could manage under the circumstances. He let others handle those prayers if they wished; he was unsure of what he could ask of the great agathions for such souls as these. There was a cup of tea carried in one gloved hand, the water kept boiling by fiery magic. It didn't cover the smell, but it helped a little.

Cardea
2017-07-12, 01:07 AM
Gray Harbor reached into his backpack, pulling out a thick, heavy glass bottle riddled in scratches. He looks around at the bloodshed, satisfied with the work done, but confused as to why it had to be done in the first place. Footsteps lay buried underneath blood and blackened bodies, ferocious foes who furiously fought in a final fatal flaw. He dragged his chains across the ground back onto his arm, twisting it across his forearm. Blood and snow fell off the chains as he took a long drink from his spirit, spitting a bit of it back on the ground. He makes his way across the battlefield, holding his bottle to the fox. "The cold bit into my whiskey. Heat it for me?"

clamcakes
2017-07-13, 11:40 PM
Of towards the side of the Caravan camp, a lone catfolk had an axe to grind. Literally. After she had finished her watch shift, she had been unable to sleep, so instead set to work chopping firewood. The axe she'd been given was very dull, and she'd only split a dozen logs before she had to stop and scrounge for a whetstone. Sia didn't mind the work of sharpening it, though- anything to keep the hands busy.

In the battle the previous night, she had performed her duties as a guard to the best of her ability... and yet still failed. The head of the caravan was dead, the survivors shaken, and the locals strangely indifferent. Artemisia had felled many an assailant that night, but the sheer scale of the hoard had pushed her to the limits. She was a warrior, born and bred- she'd cut her teeth on adventuring life early, but nothing in her travels had prepared her for such a battle. There may be many more deaths to come on this journey, thought Sia grimly. I'll save as many as I can, as long as I can.

Satisfied with her work, Sia paused to survey the scene. A short ways away she saw a few grief-stricken souls futilely trying to dig through the ice and earth. Idling nervously, the catfolk was uncertain if it was her place to interfere but eventually decided their energy was too precious to waste on a fool's errand. Sia was not alone as she strode towards the gravediggers- seeing her move with purpose, her shadowy companion Sven bleh'd with annoyance and trotted after her. She wasn't sure who in the group to address, but erred towards a human man- Pallus, she thought his name was.

"Excuse me," said Sia, voice low but steady, "but I think the energy of these men would be better spent elsewhere. We don't know what's to come in the nights to follow. Trying to break ground here is too difficult; let them build pyres for the dead."

ylvathrall
2017-07-14, 12:43 PM
The frozen ground is hard to work, but you find enough to work with that you can start setting up traps at chokepoints to the west. It's not everything you'd like, but you think it will at least do something to slow the approach should the creatures attack again.

After less than an hour of work, an Erutaki man approaches and says something in the harsh language of his people. He has the look of a hunter or trapper to him, dressed in fur and carrying a longbow that he looks to know how to use. He looks over your work with a calm, experienced eye, and then begins working beside you, helping to set up traps.

The work appears to be going on in near-silence, the survivors too shaken and exhausted for small talk. After Sia approaches and asks her question, though, one of the men lets out a rough, jagged-sounding laugh. "And what do we use for pyres?" he asks. "Not enough wood for our own campfire here."

TheOneHawk
2017-07-14, 07:46 PM
Not speaking Erutaki at any level approaching fluency, the hunter's statement goes right over Ivar's head, but the tone seems friendly enough and he's helping trap the area so Ivar grunts out a quick, heavily accented greeting in the man's own tongue and returns to his work. It doesn't take a great deal of time to lay out his tripwires and bear traps, keeping the tripwires within the area he'd be able to see and take advantage of if it came to a fight. That done, he pulls out his rope and starts cutting it into lengths, saving a length for later use but turning most of it into upsized snare traps built to catch men, rather than rabbits.

Lord Bayushi
2017-07-14, 07:56 PM
"Excuse me," said Sia, voice low but steady, "but I think the energy of these men would be better spent elsewhere. We don't know what's to come in the nights to follow. Trying to break ground here is too difficult; let them build pyres for the dead."

Pallus looked up from his work and moved closer to the catfolk. "These people have lost friends and companions," he said quietly. "Better to let them take some time to say goodbye, and labor clears the mind rather than...," he trailed off for a moment while his gaze drifted to the burning masses that were their adversaries the night before. "...Dwelling on unpleasant probable futures."

He went back to where he was digging before, sticking his shovel into the earth with more vigor before saying more loudly, "The fire seems to be thawing the ground, we can make progress here."

QuidEst
2017-07-14, 09:08 PM
Umji gave Gray a helpless shrug. "Sorry- if I do anything too direct, it'll crack the bottle. Maybe ignite the whiskey, depending on how direct of an approach I take. Keep it around near, and it'll warm up a little. It's probably good for us that I'm better at intensity than precision, though." By way of demonstration, Umji gestured at the body of one of the fallen beasts, igniting it. "Sorry I can't do much better right now."

Halae
2017-07-15, 12:33 AM
Emilia and her eidolon sit off to the side, wondering what they can do to help. "Out of place" doesn't even begin to cover it, what with her outfit, her skin tone, and her magic. She's much more at home in a fight than this village, so unless someone gives her a task, she's liable to stand by a bit awkwardly for a good while.

Cardea
2017-07-15, 01:33 PM
"Your fire is fine." Gray says, looking at his frigid drink. "Maybe we'll find stone or metal for this. Drinking it cold is a waste." He puts the drink back into his bag with a sigh, wishing for warmer weather, now that the blood was done pounding in his ears and the adrenaline finally fading away. "What happens now?"

QuidEst
2017-07-19, 09:11 PM
Umji turned to the digging crew. "Listen, all this work to dig graves- let's collect the bodies instead. I'll make a proper funeral pyre of them. And may Pharasma permit the actions of desperate folk, but if there's anything that the departed would wish better used by those remaining than burned with them, let it be so. If we are fortunate beyond estimation, and there is no repeat of last night, we can burn those goods on the same spot. Is there anybody who can examine the attackers for signs of… anything?" He held the tea close to his face, enjoying the warmth. "I'd like to start icing the approach, though. Slow down the enemy's approach."

Lord Bayushi
2017-07-20, 02:55 PM
The alchemist sunk his shovel into the hard earth again, hearing the offering of the pyre. He looked to those digging with him, and met their eyes. "There is wisdom in what he says, but they were your comrades, you should choose what is done with them. I'll assist, what ever is chosen." He waited for them to decide among themselves, and looked over the little progress that had been made up to now, hoping that they would make a logical choice.

ylvathrall
2017-07-20, 03:03 PM
The survivor who was leading the digging effort looks at Umji and nods, expression grateful. "We'll give them to the flame, and gladly," he says. "And as for the other...better we live and remember them than die for it." As he speaks, another pair of them begin going over the bodies, collecting a handful of weapons and some armor from the corpses. It only takes a few moments to gather it all up.

After the pyre is done burning, the man who was attempting to bury the bodies approaches Emilia. "We'd best work on putting up some barricades," he says. "Can your...creature help? It looks strong enough to do some of the lifting."

Halae
2017-07-24, 04:03 PM
Emilia smiles, but it's her creature that speaks first, "Yes, I can help. We'll have to remain close to each other, though. Part of the connection, you see."

Emilia and her eidolon, despite that little bit of unnerving speech, will help where directed, using the eidolon's strength to support barricades and lift up heavy objects the others need help with.

clamcakes
2017-07-24, 10:33 PM
Sia gave just the slightest of smiles, and nodded her head towards Pallus and Umji.

"I'm glad. These are hard times, but the best way to honor the dead is through surviving. I'm going to see what resources and help the villagers can offer us, and set about to set traps, make the terrain difficult for enemy approach. But if you need a hand, ah... just... let me know."

With an awkward finish, Sia stiffly nodded her head again before heading off.

Lord Bayushi
2017-07-26, 01:35 PM
The bodies having been dealt with, Pallus took note of what the others were doing around the site. All of them seemed to have a mind to stay put and wait for another attack. Never the greatest tactician in his studies, he remembered the basics well enough, and the first rule of surviving an attack was not to do as the enemy expected. Staying in the same place and waiting, even if trying to build defenses, seemed a foolish choice.

He looked around them, and saw the endless stretch of tundra. Little to no cover or concealment to be had, relatively flat terrain, and they had no knowledge of the local geography. All of that favored a mobile attacker, with the possible exception of the high degree of visibility, which would be cut down in the darkness to come, especially with the strange shadow affinity that their enemies had demonstrated.

The pyromancer was still in the vicinity, best to begin speaking with him. Pallus approached the fox-kin while he took a moment to rest, speaking in a low tone. "Thank you for your help. I'm Pallus, an alchemist from Cheliax. I heard you mention icing the path, seems others have similar ideas." He took a moment to look around the sight, as if taking it all in, a concerned squint to his features. "I was just thinking, though, our enemy knows where we are, and this isn't a very good defensive position. Shouldn't we move on from here, perhaps scout around for a better place to make a stand, if that is to be our plan?"

QuidEst
2017-07-27, 08:15 PM
Umji smiled at the alchemist, and shook his head. "I am Umji, son of Wan. We would die a foolish death if we did that. What good is changing where we are?" he asked, gesturing at the snowy tundra. "All the time we'd take moving everybody- we'd be caught in short order. We couldn't conceal our tracks, certainly. And if you wish to look out only for what's left of our caravan, I think you underestimate the strength of numbers. I am not a clever man, I confess, but my thought is to make wide spokes of ice. As the spokes of a wagon wheel get further out, they get further apart. Walking on ice is slow and troublesome. So as our enemies approach the axel more will walk on the spokes, and be slowed, or move away from the spokes," he explained. "A wedge, rather than a solid front. And, like a wheel, the axel is encompassed by the spokes, so even those who walk across the easy path will be slowed at the end. And by using spokes, we may make our preparations walking mostly along the easy path so we are not slowed." Umji clapped the smaller man on the shoulder, still smiling amicably. "You should make preparations as well. Count on hiding if you will, but do not count on my heat if you do."

ylvathrall
2017-08-08, 01:32 PM
By the time afternoon rolls around, far too early, preparations for night are well underway. Sia and Ivar, with the assistance of the Erutaki trapper, have made a solid start on trapping the approach to the camp and village. Umji takes a few tries to get his icing technique down, but once he does it's not hard, and he has the wheel pattern he spoke of laid out with spokes extending about two hundred feet from the camp in all directions. Emilia and her creature, meanwhile, have made solid progress on shifting the wagon wreckage into barricades, though progress is slow without more people helping.

It's now afternoon. You have, you estimate, about four hours left before dusk.

QuidEst
2017-08-12, 10:59 PM
Umji proudly surveyed the icy patches, nodding with satisfaction. It was nice to have some preparation work he could do unique to his skills. During his final circling, he began gathering up loose people he could find, returning to where Emilia was working. While he wasn't the most authoritative person around, it was easier to get people to follow when you kept the area warm. "It looked like you could use some more hands on the barricade preparation," he said. "Just let us know where to get started."

TheOneHawk
2017-08-17, 02:39 PM
After working on his own traps for a while, Ivar wanders over to look at the progress Sia has made. Frowning at her vaguely amateur work, he tells her, "You're not a trapper. This is not the place to learn. You should find out what the villagers know, instead." He then turns and walks away without waiting for a reply, continuing with his trap work.

Halae
2017-08-20, 11:10 AM
When Umji comes up to her, Emilia says, "Thank you, I appreciate it. We need some help on the end there," she points to a pair of wagons, larger than the others, "More than two hands are needed to move it into place."

ylvathrall
2017-08-25, 02:56 PM
With so many hands pitching in, the barricades begin to rise smoothly. It isn't long before the small camp is completely enclosed by barricades of debris from the wagons, with even a few boulders thrown in that you found on the tundra nearby. It appears to be a sturdy enough barricade, and you think it should hold up fairly well to attack.

Which is good, because on the western horizon, the sun is already dipping down out of sight. The sunset paints the sky a bloody red, with pale violet already edging in around it. As the sun descends towards the horizon, casting long shadows over the snow, the air begins to grow colder. A chill wind begins blowing in from the west, whistling mournfully and blowing thin plumes of snow into the air. The wind is bitingly cold, and piercing.

That is soon forgotten, though, as another sound rises over it. The howling of wolves echoes over the dark tundra, answered moments later from another direction. The howling fades slowly, leaving the tundra dark and silent save for the pale gleam of reflected moonlight and the lonely whistle of the wind.

Several minutes pass in silence before another howl is heard, this one sharper and nearer than the last. It sounds almost pained, cutting off sharply at the end. More howls of the same sort follow, coming in from all around the campsite It seems that Ivar's traps are taking their toll.

Something about that breeze seems odd, not just in the timing or direction, but in the breeze itself. It has an odd odor to it, something sharp and cloying.

Something about that wind doesn't feel right to you. You're guessing a storm is blowing in.

Those wolves' howls don't sound right. You aren't quite sure what's wrong, but they don't sound like wolves ought to; it's too deep, too harsh, and the sound went on too long. Natural animals wouldn't sound like that.

Okay, last chance for final preparations before dark.

TheOneHawk
2017-08-26, 07:21 PM
As night starts to fall, Ivar pulls out his lanterns and begins setting them up on the walls of the camp, two facing straight west, one each on the northwestern southwestern corners, and two along the south wall. The last two he takes to a pair of ancient merchants, far too old to be any use in a fight. "Hold these, point them at anything you see out there." he says, then pulls a small bead out of his pocket and throws it onto the ground where it suddenly transforms into a roaring campfire. That done, he heads over to his horse and mounts up, leaning forward to stroke his mount's neck a couple times before pulling out his bow and readying an arrow.

ylvathrall
2017-08-28, 08:50 PM
It isn't long after full dark falls that the first of the attackers appears in sight, out at the edge of the lantern's light. A large group of wolves drift in from the west and southwest, all with that hint of darkness about them that marked the creatures the previous night. A handful of humanoids stand in their midst, clutching weapons and staring vacantly forward as they stumble towards you through the snow. Their eyes are blank and staring, with a hint of darkness about them. Most of the weapons are in poor condition or completely broken, though this doesn't make them any less threatening in such numbers.

Almost all of them show signs of damage from making their way through the field of traps; dark blood stains the snow behind most of the wolves. One particularly large wolf is dragging a bear trap behind it, having apparently simply torn it loose and kept going.

"Sarenrae have mercy," one of the other survivors says, clutching a sword taken from one of the dead guards. "Here they come."

You're up on initiative. The entire area is well lit by the bullseye lanterns, so no worries about concealment.

TheOneHawk
2017-08-30, 08:44 PM
Ivar sits calmly atop his horse until the first of the attackers comes into view. He allows himself a small smile at the damage done by the traps then begins firing at the nearest target, firing three arrows in rapid succession.

full attack at the wolf at I 34, if it drops switch to the human at I 30 and reduce to hit and damage by 2 each to account for favoured enemy.

Attack 1(1d20+12)[25]
Damage 1(1d8+9)[12]
Crit 1(1d20+12)[29]
Crit damage 1(2d8+18)[27]

Attack 2(1d20+12)[25]
Damage 2(1d8+9)[14]
Crit 2(1d20+12)[26]
Crit damage 2(2d8+18)[29]

Attack 3(1d20+7)[27]
Damage 3(1d8+9)[14]
Crit 3(1d20+7)[17]
Crit damage 3(2d8+18)[24]

QuidEst
2017-08-31, 11:41 AM
Umji reached out, drawing energy through the fabric of the world. All around, the roar of the eternal flames of the elemental plane of fire could be heard, flickering lights dancing across the surroundings. He set his hands at the ready, looking out across the fields of ice and snow. That should get some attention, at least.

Readying an action to make an attack against the first enemy to set foot within his 120ft. range.
Modifiers: Empowered, Burning, Extended Range (take one burn)
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] * 1.5 = 25
On hit: DC 16 reflex save or burning for [roll2] damage.

Desril
2017-08-31, 10:22 PM
Ryuku had spent much of the time before nightfall helping set up the camp and ready it for possible attack, but she hadn't really expected one to come quite so quickly. Still, there was nothing to do now but keep the people of the caravan she'd been hired to protect safe. Unfortunately, that meant drawing attention to herself.

With a quick prayer to the Empress of Heaven, the Tian swordswoman draws her blade and ignites it, the fire serving as a beacon, though perhaps not as brilliant as the blast fired by Umji. Still, it was all she could do from this distance as she readied herself for the approaching enemies.

Not a lot I can do, I didn't invest in ranged attacks! >.>

Readied Mind Thrust against the first target to come within range (35ft)
[roll0] Will DC 15 half

clamcakes
2017-09-04, 08:11 PM
Sia had already prepared by casting Mage Armor on Sven [AC now 19]. Sven has no enemies within range, so he guards the barricade and waits until they draw closer, pawing the frozen earth with his hoof impatiently.

Seeing the approaching force, Sia anxiously rubs the black stone necklace her father gave her for luck before tucking safely away under her shirt. She takes a deep breath and feels a calm come over her. She'll do whatever it takes to survive tonight, and protect the others.

She lifts her bow and prepares to strike.

Sven will continue to guard the barricade and wait until an enemy gets within attacking range. He is currently at AH-33.

Sia is positioned at AI-30. She full attacks with her longbow, targeting the humanoid on H-30. If any of the enemies have dropped bc of Ivar, I'll move to the next closest target and/or reroll if the range penalty is increased.

Attack 1:
Damage 1: [roll1]
Crit 1: [roll2]
Crit Damage 1: [roll] 3d8+3

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]
Crit 2: [roll5]
Crit damage 2: [roll6]

Cardea
2017-09-05, 10:45 PM
Tarquillo braces himself, for as the wolves were in sight, soon would they be upon them. But soon, he would be upon them. He begins humming, a deep cycling sound deep in his chest, and a moment passes before something catches onto it, giving his words an audible weight. A chant follows, a bruising thing of pulled chains and bloodied wood, and Tarquillo chants louder, his chest and muscles swelling, as spirit wisps begin to swirl around him.

Standard Action: Activating my Raging Song, for Inspired Rage. Allies who accept gain: +2 Morale Bonus to Strength, Constitution, and gain a +2 Morale Bonus to Will saving throws,
but a -1 penalty to AC. Allies cannot use Charisma, Dexterity, or Intelligence based skills (Except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride), or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

Additionally, any allies who accept also gain Spirit Totem and Spirit Totem Lesser:

Enemies adjacent are attacked by wisps. Wisps have a +8 to hit, and deal 1d4+4 damage.
Attacks made against allies have a 20% miss chance against range attacks and melee attacks made by non-adjacent creatures.

These effects are automatic and do not take an action to activate.

Tarquillo accepts Raging Song. His Strength is 18, his Constitution is 16, and he is at 48 HP, and 16 AC. Starting after this round, as long as the song is maintained, he has Fast Healing 2.

ylvathrall
2017-09-06, 09:39 AM
Ivar calmly puts two arrows into one of the wolves, which falls to the ground, before lodging another in the shoulder of a humanoid, which only continues charging. It shrugs off Ryuku's assault as well with apparent ease, and hurls its greataxe at her. Apparently the motion drove the arrow deeper, though, because moments after throwing the weapon it collapses to the snow, shadowy blood flowing freely from its wound. Umji, meanwhile, hurls a blast of flame that leaves the next wolf to close on the ground, covered in licking flames that begin to melt the snow around it.

The rest of the creatures are undeterred, though, and continue closing with no thought as to the fate of the dying.

One attack on Ryuku. Note that due to the barricade she has cover, providing a +4 bonus to AC.

Damage: [roll1]

Map is updated. Your turn. Please specify whether you're accepting the raging song or not.

TheOneHawk
2017-09-07, 11:59 AM
Ivar allows Tarquillo's chanting to wash over him, firing his arrows to the tempo of the man's voice at the multitude of wolves.

Aiming at the closest wolf, switching targets to next closest wolf if it drops

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Crit 1[roll2]
Crit damage 1[roll3]

Attack 2[roll4]
Damage 2[roll5]
Crit 2[roll6]
Crit damage 2[roll7]

Attack 3[roll8]
Damage 3[roll9]
Crit 3[roll10]
Crit damage 3[roll11]

QuidEst
2017-09-11, 06:35 PM
Umji didn't let up, but continued drawing flames through the world's fabric, focusing his fire on the largest enemy.

Gather energy, attack the dire wolf.
Modifiers: Empowered, Burning, Extended Range (take one burn)
Damage: [roll1] * 1.5 = 30
On hit: DC 16 reflex save or burning for [roll2] damage.

Desril
2017-09-17, 02:23 AM
Ryuku doesn't even bother to dodge as the axe buries itself into the barricade and she waits with Dawn's Light at the ready to strike at whatever man or wolf gets within range past Sven.

Tower defense, not great for descriptive posts >.>

Moving to AI 33 by way of AJ 32 to avoid an AoO

Readied attack vs whatever [roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2] fire

clamcakes
2017-09-20, 09:34 PM
Sia curses under her breath, angry that she missed both strikes. She notches two more arrows and tries again.

Sia full attacks the human at AB-33. If he drops, the next shot goes to the wolf on AB-34.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1:[roll1]
Crit Damage 1: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]
Crit 2: [roll6]
Crit Damage 2: [roll7]

Sven meanwhile sees a foe has foolishly approached him. He lowers his head, bellowing.

Sven full attacks the wolf at ae-33. He 5ft steps up to him, incurring no penalty from the difficult terrain.

Attack 1: [roll8]
Damage 1:[roll9]
Crit 1: [roll10]
Crit Damage 1: [roll11]

Attack 2: [roll12]
Damage 2: [roll13]
Crit 2: [roll14]
Crit Damage 2: [roll15]

ylvathrall
2017-09-20, 10:44 PM
Wolves and humanoid figures drop left and right under the hail of arrows from Ivar and Sia, while Sven manages only to wound the wolf approaching him. The beast cautiously steps in, its footsteps uncertain on the ice, and bites at the goat in turn.

Elsewhere, Umji's blast of flame slams home into the dire wolf with brutal force, briefly lighting the night like a bolt of lightning as it streaks into the beast. It howls, and charges in with surprising speed for a beast dragging a bear trap on the ground behind it, stumbling on the ice.The other humanoid figures are mostly unable to do much more than try to close the gap to the barricades, though one pulls out a worn crossbow and manages a shot at Umji.

More wolves, meanwhile, come into view from the west.

Wolf attack on Sven: [roll0]

Archer attack on Umji: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Map is updated.

TheOneHawk
2017-09-21, 12:52 PM
Seeing the dire wolf shrug off Umji's blast, Ivar quickly adjust his aim towards the massive beast and fires a volley at it as it stumbles.

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Crit 1[roll2]
Crit damage 1[roll3]

Attack 2[roll4]
Damage 2[roll5]
Crit 2[roll6]
Crit damage 2[roll7]

Attack 3[roll8]
Damage 3[roll9]
Crit 3[roll10]
Crit damage 3[roll11]

Cardea
2017-09-21, 06:23 PM
Tarquillo moves across the barricade, humming his rhythm still, approaching Sven's engaged enemies. He heaves his chain, striking at the human.

Move Action: Move through barricade.

Standard Action: Attacking the Human at AG32. Power Attacking.

QuidEst
2017-09-25, 09:23 PM
Umji winced as a very well placed crossbow bolt found its mark. With the amount of energy he was channeling right now, the bolt was soon reduced to ashes, but the damage had already been done. He could deal with the crossbowman in a moment- right now there were more pressing concerns, like the humans encroaching below.

Attacking AE 33- empowered burning.
Damage: [roll1] * 1.5 = 18
DC 16 reflex or burning for [roll2]

clamcakes
2017-09-25, 10:01 PM
Sia sees the dire wolf coming into range, bloodied and weak. She draws her bow and aims at the beast, hoping to finish it.

Sia attacks direwolf. If the first attack connects and kills it, the second will be aimed at the human at AC-31.

Sven easily moves away from the clumsy wolves jaws and retaliates.

Sven attacks the wolf in front of him at AG-33.

Desril
2017-09-26, 03:42 AM
Questioning the wisdom of her companions leaving the safety of the barricade, Ryuku nonetheless does the same, moving past Sven to take a swing at the nearest of the humanish foes.

Assuming I can still get 5 ft of movement after getting through the barricade, and that Sven took out the wolf so there's no AoO to worry about. And that the dire wolf fell.

Attack Humanoid at AF34 [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] fire

ylvathrall
2017-09-26, 01:17 PM
The dire wolf falls as it is struck by a hail of arrows, while humanoid figures collapse in flames or fall beneath Sven's assault. Tarquillo's blow leaves the humanoid he struck reeling and badly wounded, but it manages to retaliate with a clumsy swing of its massive hammer. Ryuku, meanwhile, fumbles her strike, leaving herself open to a slash from her target's sword. The archer, meanwhile, struggles for a moment before managing to reload its crossbow.

Attack on Tarquillo: [roll0]

Attack on Ryuku: [roll2]

TheOneHawk
2017-09-28, 07:32 PM
Seeing the distant archer finally get its bow reloaded, Ivar decides to remove him from the equation before he can fire off another bolt with a hail of arrows.

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Crit 1[roll2]
Crit damage 1[roll3]

Attack 2[roll4]
Damage 2[roll5]
Crit 2[roll6]
Crit damage 2[roll7]

Attack 3[roll8]
Damage 3[roll9]
Crit 3[roll10]
Crit damage 3[roll11]

QuidEst
2017-10-08, 11:09 PM
Not wanting to deal with the archer again, Umji took aim and launched a vicious gout of flame at him.

Attacking V 34- empowered, extended range, no burn.
Damage: [roll1] * 1.5 = 19

clamcakes
2017-10-11, 06:40 PM
Sia lets out a victorious cry when she sees the Dire wolf fall, but doesn't grow complacent. She prepares to strike again without pausing to gloat.

Sia aims for the wolf at AA-31. If it falls, she will aim any other strikes to V-34.

Sven paws the ground, lowering his horns and striking the nearest enemy.

Sven will attack the humanoid at AG-32.

Desril
2017-10-15, 07:19 PM
Twisting to the side to avoid her opponent's slash, Ryuku makes use of her momentum to counterattack, this time taking more care to aim.

Hopefully I won't nat 1 this one...

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] + [roll2] fire

Cardea
2017-10-26, 09:03 AM
Tarquillo bears down on the man in front of him again, swinging with his chain in full force, accompanied by a wisp lashing out alongside him.

Standard Action: Attacking the Human at AG32. Power Attacking.
Note: Calculations from last attack did not account for the bonus to strength.

Wisp: Wisp from Spirit Totem hits the man in front of me.
Attack: [roll2]

ylvathrall
2017-11-04, 07:38 PM
The archer falls under arrow and flame, while the humanoid form that closed in on the campsite is bludgeoned by hoof and chain until it collapses to the bloody snow. Sia's arrows, meanwhile, sink into another of the wolves, which falls to the ground as well.

Another of the wolves charges forward, only to be struck down mid-leap by Tarquillo's chain. The second wolf coming behind it, though, rushes past its fallen comrade to bite at him, while the humanoid Ryuku missed jabs at her with what looks like a broken pole.

Attack on Tarquillo: [roll0]
On hit, trip attempt: [roll2]

Attack on Ryuku: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Map is updated.

QuidEst
2017-11-09, 07:40 PM
Umji maintained his fiery assault, taking aim at the wolf furthest back before it can join the fray.

Gather energy, extended empowered blast.
Attack: [roll0] vs. touch
Damage: [roll1] * 1.5 = 21

TheOneHawk
2017-11-13, 04:35 PM
Seeing most of the wave of attackers already dead or dying, Ivar takes aim at the most immediate threat remaining, the wolf attacking Tarquillo, and fires a volley of arrows at it.

Attack 1[roll0]
Damage 1[roll1]
Crit 1[roll2]
Crit damage 1[roll3]

Attack 2[roll4]
Damage 2[roll5]
Crit 2[roll6]
Crit damage 2[roll7]

Attack 3[roll8]
Damage 3[roll9]
Crit 3[roll10]
Crit damage 3[roll11]