PDA

View Full Version : Assemble your Party

FaceofBo
2017-07-10, 08:22 PM
Hey y'all, I was bored the other day and decided to write myself up a full part of 5 adventurers that would (In my opinion) be incredibly powerful together. This got me thinking, what did crazy strong parties/groups look like? So, I'd like to issue a small challenge, build me your perfect party, a party that you'd walk through the gates of hell with or square up with a dragon.

Pre-req's
Level 10
5 Characters (Names and personalities not required, but definitely get's you extra points)
No repeating Classes (No 5 man Rogue assassin party)
UA is allowed
Ability Scores, Fighting Style/Oath/Domain/School, basic lay-out of the character
Tactics (How the characters respond to fights and how they work together)
Roles (Support, tactician, tank, dps and the like)
NO MAGIC ITEMS.
27 Point Buy or Standard Array
You can get as in depth or surface level as you'd like, I'm just interested in what you all think is a powerful party

FaceofBo
2017-07-10, 08:23 PM
My Lineup
Berin Firescale, Red Dragonborn Paladin, Oath of the Crown
Treeback, Firbolg Life Cleric
Greenstrype, Tabaxi Battle Master
Kesinac Van-Del, Rock Gnome Illusionist
Hurk, Kenku Way of the Shadow Monk.

Berin
Stats: Str 16, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16
Feats: Sentinel, Shield Master
AC 21
HP 74
Currently wielding a Longsword, Shield, and Plate Armor, Berin is the Tank and Face of the group. Generally seen leaping into the center of the largest group of enemies or imposing himself between himself and his party, using his Channel Divinity, Sentinel, and overall in-your-face attitude to piss off as many enemies as he possibly can. Using his Smites and Elemental Weapon/Magic Weapon to really get the attention of whomever he is hitting, and Shield of Faith and Shield Master to keep himself just out of reach, Berin soaks up damage and returns it in kind.

Treeback
Stats : Str 16, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 8, Wis 20, Cha 10
AC 20
HP 63
Wielding a War-hammer and Shield, this heavily armored Firbolg cleric often stands abreast with Berin in the front lines. Using a mix of combat and healing spells, juggling Spirit Guardians, Healing Word, and Flame Strike (Which are his favorite spells to use), Treeback makes sure everyone in his party stays alive and well, while also providing consistent damage. He functions as the off-tank and Healer, while also offering a wide variety of radiant spells for those pesky enemies with resistances. Often the second line of defense, Treeback rushes to meet those whom escape Berin's area of influence, keeping them as far away from the back line as he can.

Greenstrype
Stats: Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 13, Cha 12
Feats: Crossbow Expert, Mage Slayer
AC 16
HP 74
Firing from the middle of the party with a longbow, or targeting and picking off the enemy spellcaster, Greenstrype is the tactician of his party, making sure everything stays in his party's favor. From the mid line, using his Longbow and military training, this Battle Master issues orders, maneuvering his fellow party members around the enemies, disarming potential threats, and offering a long list of crowd-controlling abilities. When not sniping threats and calling out orders from behind his tanks, Greenstrype is quite proficient at removing any enemy spellcasters from the battle, with his Rapier and Hand Crossbow at the ready, he is prone to sprinting into the faces of the enemy mages and unleashing an intense barrage of slashes and crossbow shots into the target.

Hurk
Stats: Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Feats: Mobile
AC 17
HP 63
Appearing to some enemies as if he was everywhere at once, this Shadow monk is proficient in sprinting around the battlefield, harrowing opponents from every direction. Rarely seen for more than a few seconds, Hurk uses the shadows and his knowledge of darkness to maneuver anywhere on the battlefield with ease, and is most often found amidst the enemy's backline. With his mobility and array of martial arts, he is a threat to most anyone he faces, able to wear down even the most persistent of foes with flurry after flurry of blow, only to disappear like smoke between their fingers. He will often work in conjunction with Greenstrype to take out the enemy's mages and healers.

Kesinac
Stats: Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10
Feats: Warcaster, Observant
AC 12
HP 62
Kesinac is the brains of the party, providing support of the magical variety from the back line. Thinking himself the Chess-Player of the party, Kesinac uses the arcane power at his disposal to control the battlefield, even going so far as to change the terrain to grant his party an advantage. With spells such as Wall of Force, Wall of Flame, Fog Cloud, Darkness, and Haste, he does everything in his power to give himself, and by extension his party, the upper hand. An illusionist at heart, Kesinac enjoys confusing and beguiling his enemies, allowing his allies some significant advantages. A Gnome who believes that his power should be felt by all, Kesinac oft spreads his spell power around the battlefield, not having a clear focus on any set group of enemies, Kesinac does however have a personal Vendetta against anyone coy enough to counter his spells, and will put all of his focus into removing the offender from the field as quickly as possible.

Hope y'all enjoy :D