PDA

View Full Version : Telekinesis (water) question.

SangoProduction
2017-07-11, 10:18 AM
So, if you take the Limited Telekinesis drawback (from Spheres of Power), to only be able to affect water, can you still target people, since they are like 70% water?

Afgncaap5
2017-07-11, 10:20 AM
This probably belongs in the Ask Me Anything thread for Spheres Of Power, located here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?509636-Spheres-of-Power-Ask-Me-Anything-2).

But to answer your question, no.

-EDIT-

Having said that: I don't know what percentage you'd really need for Limited Telekinesis to work. I assume you could use it on, say, a pure Water Elemental, but I don't actually know that you can use it on one.

SangoProduction
2017-07-11, 11:13 AM
Yeah. Fair enough.

What if water is in a bottle? Can you lift the bottle by virtue of lifting the water?

What if someone's swimming, and thus covered (basically) in water. Can you lift them by "encasing" them in the water, which you are lifting?

Afgncaap5
2017-07-11, 12:46 PM
Yeah. Fair enough.

What if water is in a bottle? Can you lift the bottle by virtue of lifting the water?

What if someone's swimming, and thus covered (basically) in water. Can you lift them by "encasing" them in the water, which you are lifting?

I assume yes to the first and no to the second, but that's just a hunch. The folks in the AMA thread probably know more than I do. (I remember a lot of discussion about whether telekinesis was more like a particle-point effect that lifted from multiple structural points, or if it was more of a "scooping" effect. I can't recall the verdict.)

SangoProduction
2017-07-11, 01:56 PM
I assume yes to the first and no to the second, but that's just a hunch. The folks in the AMA thread probably know more than I do. (I remember a lot of discussion about whether telekinesis was more like a particle-point effect that lifted from multiple structural points, or if it was more of a "scooping" effect. I can't recall the verdict.)

cool, i'll look at it, ty.

EDIT: there seems to be no mention of this.

Psyren
2017-07-11, 02:52 PM
EDIT: there seems to be no mention of this.

Sounds like you should re-ask it then.

ATHATH
2017-07-11, 02:56 PM
Honestly, yeah, I'd let you do all of those things, especially since you're thinking "outside of the box", so to speak. Your telekinesis might have less of an effect on some of those things, though, since it'd be lifting some extra "dead weight", so to speak.