View Full Version : X-Crawl

Chalkarts
2017-07-11, 10:45 AM
Any X-crawl players floating about?

Any thoughts on the game?

Is it popular?

TerrickTerran
2017-07-14, 03:45 PM
I liked the concept but never got a chance to play it. Still comes to mind sometimes though when I'm thinking about new games.

Beelzebub1111
2017-07-17, 11:04 PM
I really like the concept and the Mojo system (I stole it for every team combat RPG I've used). Playing with fame and infamy is a lot of fun. As a pro wrestling fan, I appreciate that they added rules for being a heel. The rules for XCrawl itself are solid.

The setting and lore is awful. Ignore it and change it.

Friv
2017-07-19, 04:35 PM
I really need to put together that X-Crawl / Blades in the Dark hack I was designing at one point...

manyslayer
2017-07-26, 12:04 PM
I run an X-Crawl every other year at an annual gaming friends get together and it is always a big hit. I'll be running the 4th one this February.

I keep the setting but it really is kind of in the background. I run this basically like a con game so it's largely just the crawl and not the stuff in between. I've changed the Signature Moves to be more user friendly but otherwise just run like the 3.5 Xcrawl.

I make the PCs in advance (con game style, like I said) with a bunch to choose from. I always try to have a few based on real famous people. Some PCs We've had:

Tim Longbow - athlete totally devoted to Nike, goddess of victory.
Charles Shine - former star of "Two Men and a Halfling" looking to re-invent his career. "At acting, I'm winning. Now at Xcrawl, I'm totally winning. I am a totally bitching rock star for Mars. I am a battle tested bastard sword about to put the sword to these bastards. What am I doing? Winning. You heard me."
"Croc" Erwinn - Bascially the Croc Hunter as a ranger. His Signature Move was "Crikey!"
Kaley Mirrus - Former child star/singer and cleric of Discord.

They have also faced a bunch of puppymonkeybabies.