PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Question regarding writing your own adventure paths

dascarletm
2017-07-11, 12:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I am considering writing an adventure path for the upcoming Starfinder, and possibly self-publishing. My question is, is it kosher to reference non-OGL elements in an adventure-path for a system? Specifically if I wanted to have a cleric of a Golarion diety in it, is that kosher?

Thanks

Psyren
2017-07-11, 02:51 PM
What you're asking is essentially legal advice, which we're not allowed to give here.

Do note that Golarion itself (as in the setting) is not Open Content. Just as you couldn't write a novel set in Golarion without permission, you'd need a license to use their setting for other things too.

Arutema
2017-07-12, 01:53 AM
It will depend if you publish under the OGL/Starfinder Compatiblity License, or Paizo's free community use policy. The Paizo boards and staff can answer those questions better than the GiantITP ones.

You may also want to look on the Paizo boards for any 3rd party publishers recruiting for Starfinder projects.

Florian
2017-07-12, 02:00 AM
Generally speaking, using non-OGL material for profit is not kosher, while the fan policy makes usage possible under certain circumstances, see the difference between D20PFSRD and the Archives of Nethys.

Gods and certain names like Absalom Station will be problematic, as they´re not even on the PRD, while showing ab in the CRB.