PDA

View Full Version : Your Pick for the Illuminati

kpenguin
2007-08-07, 02:30 AM
Obviously, Illuminati screwed up by sending hulk into space. Screwed up big time. So... what six Marvel characters would you have on the Illuminati, current members included. Also, for any evidence you provide, ignore Civil War.

psycojester
2007-08-07, 03:34 AM
Well squirrel girl is a definite.

Kaelaroth
2007-08-07, 04:09 AM
1. Nick Fury
2. Mr. Fantastic
3. Dr.Strange
4. The Black Panther
5. Thor
6. I must say Squirrel Girl

Prof X is a no-no, as he could influence the others.

Dihan
2007-08-07, 04:11 AM
1) Deadpool
2) Squirrel Girl
3) Dr Doom
4) Apocalypse
5) Franklin Richards
6) Tarbaby

kpenguin
2007-08-07, 05:05 AM
I wouldn't put Squirrel Girl on the Illuminati, but I'd have her on call in case Galactus or something similar comes knocking.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-07, 06:59 AM
Dr. Doom
Dr. Richards
Dr. Strange
Dr. Banner
Dr. Octopus
Wolverine (I don't want him there, but he has to be on every super team. It's mandatory. Also I ran out of doctors. Lets assume he has an honorary one for something.)

Finn Solomon
2007-08-07, 07:28 AM
1. Mr. Fantastic

A-List celebrity, scientific genius, good-looking, credible, conservative WASP who has never really been in much trouble, all things considered. Saved the world and the universe a couple of times. I chalk up his recent screw-ups to simple absent-mindedness, the world's smartest man is always a safest pick for the group in charge of its destiny. Public face of the group should one be needed.

2. Nick Fury

A much better pick than Iron Man for representing non-meta humanity. Used to command, fought every bad guy that came a-knocking for the past half a century and gets respect from everyone, everywhere. Not to mention the fact he is made of 100% unadulterated Chuck Norris awesome. When the Skrulls and Mephisto and the Frost Giants and Galactus all attack, there's only one guy you can trust to be calling the shots.

3. Dr. Strange

We need a magic guy, and a deus ex machina. Doc's the only one who fits both categories. Saves on having to order an extra chair.

4. Black Panther

He is the strong, solid, dependable type, a good man to have on a council. Plus he's got his own country and all.

5. Dr. Doom

Controversial, and it'll all end in tears, but I believe Doom should be given a chance. He is one of the best leaders on the planet and is very much experienced with forming shadowy groups to take control of the world, except this time the group already has control. Who knows, maybe the opportunity might make Doom turn over a new leaf. Nah, who am I kidding. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun to watch, however.

6. Jean Grey

I have no idea where the hell she is now or what kind of god she has become, but when she's back and alive and well, get her on board. It's about time we tried for a little more female leadership anyway, and Jean's smart, sensible, and compassionate, traits which more real-life world leaders should possess. Speaks for the mutant community as well, as their most powerful member.

psycojester
2007-08-07, 08:16 AM
6. Jean Grey

I have no idea where the hell she is now or what kind of god she has become, but when she's back and alive and well, get her on board. It's about time we tried for a little more female leadership anyway, and Jean's smart, sensible, and compassionate, traits which more real-life world leaders should possess. Speaks for the mutant community as well, as their most powerful member.

When she's not being dead or evil you mean.

Personally i'd give the spot to Emma Frost , she seems more the kind for take-no-prisoners mutant representation and shadowy world manipulation

Hushdawg
2007-08-07, 08:35 AM
Black Panther turned down the Illuminiati position before.. what makes you think that he'd do it a second time around?

Dalenthas
2007-08-07, 09:15 AM
Lets see, the main point of Illuminati was so the major power groups could all work together, meaning we have to have an Avenger, an X-Man, and a member of the Fantastic Four at the very least. Iron Man, Prof X, and Mr. Fantastic are good choices for those, though Captain America and Cyclopse could substitute in a bind. I prefer Iron Man because he rocks more, but watever.
You know what, Mr Fantastic is too out of it to be an effective member. Sue Richards is personable enough and responsible enough to make her a better choice to represent the Fantastic 4.
We need someone to represent the magic community, and Dr. Strange is pretty much it on the good guys side. So that brings us to four.
Black Bolt and Namor are where I really disagree. Black Bolt can't talk, so his inclusion isn't terribly constructive, I'd rather have Medusa to represent the Inhumans.
Namor is a ****. Really, why is he there other than to cause trouble? I'd much rather the Black Panther, but he respectfully declined, so we'll have to go another direction. Nick Fury was a good suggestion. SHIELD has a lot of resources that the Illuminati should have access too (again, assuming this is pre-Civil War (and Secret War for that matter), and thus pre-IM heading SHIELD).
I'd prefer Panther to represent the foreign superheros, but Nick Fury would be better than any other foreign hero if the BP declined.

So Final List:
1. Iron Man
2. Invisible Woman
3. Cyclopse
4. Dr. Strange
5. Medusa
6. Black Panther || Nick Fury

T.Titan
2007-08-07, 01:50 PM
Wolverine (I don't want him there, but he has to be on every super team. It's mandatory. Also I ran out of doctors. Lets assume he has an honorary one for something.)

Obviously he's got a PhD in Evisceration.

Hushdawg
2007-08-07, 02:14 PM

And, to be fair, he is the best at what he does. So certainly he's gotten an honorary doctorate along the way.

TheOtherMC
2007-08-07, 03:11 PM

He did claim to that barmaid he was a sugeon....

Dihan
2007-08-07, 04:44 PM
I still prefer my list.:smallamused:

Grod_The_Giant
2007-08-07, 09:17 PM
Truely?

Reed
Xavier
Strange
Black Panther
Captain America
Spider-Man. As a spokesperson for the common guy.

Finn Solomon
2007-08-08, 02:56 AM
Black Panther turned down the Illuminiati position before.. what makes you think that he'd do it a second time around?

Have him read Civil War and World War Hulk and tell him that if he had signed up when they asked him to, none of this would have happened.

Xuincherguixe
2007-08-08, 04:33 AM
Have him read Civil War and World War Hulk and tell him that if he had signed up when they asked him to, none of this would have happened.

I don't know the character. But I think I can say that what probably would have happened is he gets poorly written and contributes to those farces.

Hushdawg
2007-08-08, 08:13 AM

Wouldn't work with Black Panther... he'd just say "See.. This is why a group like this is not a good idea. I tried to tell them all those years ago."

Aotrs Commander
2007-08-08, 10:24 AM
Let's see...

1) Wondra. And she'd totally be in charge. Actually, after her, pretty much everyone else is redundant...

2) Wolverine. Just 'cos.

3) Spider-Man. Great power, great responibility yadda yadda. Plus he's funny.

4) Psylocke. Because she's awesome, hard and English. Because we ought to have at least one. (And Captain freakin' Britain does not measure up!)

5) Beast. And why not. A little class to the proceedings.

6) Ah, heck, I dunno. Maybe a female, to make it fifty-fifty? X-23? Shadowcat? Mercury?

Yes, I do have a slight X-Man bias, but I'm not that familar with the rest and those that I am familiar with I wouldn't trust to (to quote dear ol' 'mighty' Megatron) lead androids to a picnic.

Dalenthas
2007-08-09, 09:05 AM
Slight X-Men Bias? That list looks more like an X-Men dream team than Illuminati! Mutie lover! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

ALOR
2007-08-09, 10:26 AM
1. Dr strange
2. Prof X
3. Namor
4. Dr Doom
5. Black Bolt
6. Nick Fury

Hushdawg
2007-08-09, 10:48 AM
A group of six people who secretly decide the fate of the world.

Assuming that all of the original group are killed by Hulk and Steve Rogers is still dead:

1) Emma Frost
2) Black Widow
3) Henry Pym
4) Nick Fury
5) She-Hulk
6) Optimus Prime

DiscipleofBob
2007-08-09, 01:05 PM
Professor X and Dr. Strange are shoo-ins to represent the mutant and mystic populations. I like having Iron Man in there since he's gaining even more political power by the issue. Maybe once World War Hulk blows over and if Hulk ever goes to his smart self, he'd make a good addition. Once he's gotten over the whole "being sent into space" thing. Black Panther would be a good addition, but he'd probably refuse. Ditch Namor and Black Bolt. How important are the Atlanteans and the Inhumans to our affairs anyway? Not very in my opinion. Mr. Fantastic I would disagree with based on the fact that as smart as he is, he tends to make some REALLY bad decisions.

If all the members of the Illuminati were replaced?

1. Hulk (If he calms down and gets over recent events, and provided he stays in "smart" version, he'd make a good addition.)
2. Storm (Black Panther probably would still refuse, but Storm might be able to represent Wakanda.)
3. Nick Fury (Since Captain America's dead, and we're assuming Iron Man would be kicked out, Nick Fury's the next best choice to represent America and SHIELD.)
4. Emma Frost (Even though we have Storm, Emma Frost would better represent the mutant community.)
5. Mr. Fantastic (Well, at least he can provide accurate facts and figures, being the smartest man alive and all.)
6. Dr. Doom (Partially because he's the leader of Latveria, partially because with all his powers he could fill Dr. Strange's position, partially because I'd like to see Richards and Doom TRY to solve their problems diplomatically. It'd be hilarious.)

Grod_The_Giant
2007-08-09, 09:44 PM
They actually got a pretty good lineup the first time...get Captain America instead of Iron Man (representing heroes in general, and for leadership, PR, and because he's the super-hero's hero), and uh...Quesar instead of Narmor (representing the 'everyman' hero, and the universe in general).

Aotrs Commander
2007-08-10, 07:24 AM
Slight X-Men Bias? That list looks more like an X-Men dream team than Illuminati! Mutie lover! :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Wondra's not technically a mutant...any more...

And frankly, though I kind of like Deadpool, I wouldn't trust him, like, at all in a position of power.

But, okay, I don't really pay all that much attention outside of the X-Men (and most of those I do know well enough (like the FF or the Avengers) are either complete tos-...ah, people of questionable competance or have already arsed up in the actual illuminati or both.)

6) Optimus Prime

Well, if we're going back to Marvel Transformers (and why not, I should of thought of that myself!), I change my number six to Grimlock! (Much better than Prime. 'Cos, y'know, he has a sense of humour.)

And, what the heck, make Combat Colin the seventh. Just because.

(Now, how many of you are clued-up enough to know that one?)

kpenguin
2007-08-10, 01:01 PM
They actually got a pretty good lineup the first time...get Captain America instead of Iron Man (representing heroes in general, and for leadership, PR, and because he's the super-hero's hero), and uh...Quesar instead of Narmor (representing the 'everyman' hero, and the universe in general).

Indeed they did. I think the Illuminati screwed up for purely plot reasons. I, frankly, would have put Banner under a sedative so he would never get angry.

Hushdawg
2007-08-10, 05:43 PM
And, what the heck, make Combat Colin the seventh. Just because.

(Now, how many of you are clued-up enough to know that one?)

Those were only printed in Marvel UK if I remember correctly... precious few people in the USA have even had a chance to see it.

but seriously dude... that was such a wierd slapstick type of thing.. how on earth could he be a leader of any sort?

Dihan
2007-08-10, 06:36 PM
Hmm...

Another list:

1) Emma Frost
2) Ms Marvel
3) Invisble Woman
4) Namorita
5) Medusa
6) Clea

Hushdawg
2007-08-11, 12:30 AM
Hmm...

Another list:

1) Emma Frost
2) Ms Marvel
3) Invisble Woman
4) Namorita
5) Medusa
6) Clea

*pokes*

uhm.. Namorita is dead...

Dihan
2007-08-11, 03:44 AM
And? Didn't stop Jean Grey or Psylocke from coming back.

Grod_The_Giant
2007-08-11, 06:54 PM
Indeed they did. I think the Illuminati screwed up for purely plot reasons. I, frankly, would have put Banner under a sedative so he would never get angry.

or had Professor X telepathically disable his 'anger' glands (whatever they are). Or implant mental blocks against turning into the hulk or getting angry. Or have Dr. Strange exile him to another dimension. Or just shoot him. Or...or...anything but 'shoot him into space.'

Dihan
2007-08-11, 07:04 PM
There's one supernatural entity that the Illuminati can't comprehend, Thanos can't even comprehend it... Squirrel Girl has learnt to utilise it as a defence... This power, this entity goes under the name of Plot.

Plot made the Illuminati shoot the Hulk into space.

Aotrs Commander
2007-08-12, 05:46 PM
Those were only printed in Marvel UK if I remember correctly... precious few people in the USA have even had a chance to see it.

but seriously dude... that was such a wierd slapstick type of thing.. how on earth could he be a leader of any sort?

I fail to see how Combat Colin, even alone, could have made more of a mess than the existant Illuminati...

rubicon209
2007-08-13, 01:43 AM
Obviously, Illuminati screwed up by sending hulk into space. Screwed up big time. So... what six Marvel characters would you have on the Illuminati, current members included. Also, for any evidence you provide, ignore Civil War.

Hmmm... since the concept of the Illuminati is a rogue-I-know-better-than-you-what-to-do-and-I-have-the-will-to-do-it (obviously, not sayng they are correct or moral, here), then I'd suggest the following supers (in no particular order):

* Iron Man/Tony Stark -- has LONG shown the ego and willingness to do what he thinks is right or necessary, laws or consequences be damned (anyone remember the Armor Wars, or even the schism at the end of Operation: Galactic Storm?). Also, freakishly rich, so has lots of resources to bring to the table.

* Magneto [the Headmaster of the New Mutants and ally of the X-Men days] -- yet another person who is willing to, uh, operate outside of the law to get things done, almost brain-washed, err, I mean, persuaded the world's populace to no longer be bigoted [back in the ol' X-Men/Avengers mini-series]. Very powerful, and willing to commit to causes bigger than himself.

* Dr. Strange -- Why not help protect 'just' Earth, in addition to keeping this dimension and reality safe? :smalltongue: Also, as others have noted, having the most powerful, friendly-to-your-cause, mystic on one's side is never a bad thing [though the writers have certainly been more unkind and inconsistent with his character than that of Tony Stark, *sigh*]. Not to mention Doc is certainly someone who hasn't exactly felt bound by mortal laws and policies.

* Baron Zemo (particularly the one empowered with the twin moonstones) -- Yet another strong-willed character, one with the ruthlessness (or 'drive', depending on one's take), vision and skill to undertake grand plans. Often misunderstood (sometimes by himself), most of his plans of late (the arc where some of the T-Bolts were trying to protect the alternate Earth, as well as the T-Bolts v Avengers arc) were designed to help humanity.

* Cable -- what team would be complete without someone from the future (and besides, Doom 2099 declined the 'honor')? :smalltongue:
Cable has been squarely portrayed as someone with a MASSIVE JC syndrome, and he's pretty much proven that he will do whatever it takes in order to safeguard humanity.

* Crusader -- the skrull who mentored Freedom Ring... as someone who had shown an interest in protecting Earth (and who has essentially gone 'walk-about' on skrull command), and who is now pretty much a super skrull squared (hey, a trained skrull interested in super-heroics, armed with a fragment of the cosmic cube!). Besides, his knowledge of the skrulls can come in very handy right about now, and someone who can alter reality in their near vicinity is always useful. :smallcool:

'BONUS' observations:
* By having Crusader on the team, there is no need for a skrull infiltrator to have replaced any of this version of the Illuminati! :smallbiggrin:
* At least two of the proposed team members have tried to implement schemes to eliminate bigotry on earth! :smallsmile:

Farrell

Thorsmjolner
2007-09-10, 10:05 AM
And? Didn't stop Jean Grey or Psylocke from coming back.

Don't forget about Colossus, Professor X, Magneto, Electra, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Thor, and a slew of others.