PDA

View Full Version : Hidden thread?

MikelaC1
2017-07-11, 02:16 PM
Is there a way to make a thread and restrict access so that certain board members cannot see it? I am thinking of running a game of two parties battling it out, but the lead up threads should be hidden so that each party does not know what preps and plans the other group is making, thus thread A would not be viewable to members of group B.

Ridai
2017-07-11, 03:22 PM
Nope. That's more in Myth-Weavers' wheelhouse with their subforums for individual games.

rredmond
2017-07-12, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure how MythWeavers does it, but on www.unseenservant.us they set up forums like that. We have PbP forums that everyone can see, but only members of that game can post. But there are also hidden forums, within those game forums that only certain people can see and post to. It's a good way for DM-Player secret conversations as well as for the purpose you need. Not even the Moderators can see those sub-forums!

I'm not sure how easy that is to set up here, but this is definitely a more complicated set up than Unseen Servant. MythWeavers has a lot of bells and whistles too.

Good luck!
--Ron--

Roland St. Jude
2017-07-12, 07:11 PM
Sheriff: No. I think the closest you can do here is do the private discussions via PM.