PDA

View Full Version : Miry's Mummy's Mask IC

Pages : [1] 2

Miry
2017-07-11, 03:18 PM
From the tidy Midwife district to the mazelike streets of Asp, Wati's citizens appreciate life in ways that only come from respecting the dead. Taverns, dance halls, bathhouses, and game parlors dot as many corners as shops and artisans, and Wati's boulevards and markets teem with life under the hot Osirian sun.

http://i.imgur.com/uoB2eAj.jpg?2

These days, Wati is the center of attention in southern Golarion. The fabled necropolis of Wati will finaly open it's gates to adventurers in a few days, and many foreigner came to the half-dead city, seeing an opportunity for fortune and fame.

The lottery ceremony is still in two days, and in this hot toilday afternoon, you found a modest inn to relaxe in the shade and drink something refreshing in the Midwife district: The Tooth & Hookah

Pillows shaped like crescent moons surrounded half a dozen low, round tables. Water pipes of dinged and dented brass with painted enamel bases sat in the center of each table. Clay bowls filled with the stubs of unlit candles hung from the ceiling. Filtered light from the curtained doorway left the room dim. As it's still early, the inn is mostly empty, except for the bartender behind the bar in a corner of the room, and a handful of people scattered around the large room.

Hazuki
2017-07-11, 04:01 PM
Snips enters The Tooth & Hookah and...doesn't actually stand out terribly much. She wears typical Osirion garb, and carries the amount of weapons one might expect from all the adventurers hanging around nowadays. What does stand out is the several-hundred pound black scorpion that skitters along behind her, and with armor, no less!

She slinks up to the bar, then bangs her fist on it twice. "I need raw meat!" She beams at the barkeep. Jakku concurs with a few clacks of its claws.

Miry
2017-07-11, 04:38 PM
The bartender first raise a eyebrow, looking at the little girl with this humongous scorpion, but then gave a deep chuckle. He was a big and tall man, his strong features were more intimidating than handsome.

"Sure why not. Just make sure your friend don't make trouble around here. I'll bring you your meat in a moment. You want something to drink with that?"

3SecondCultist
2017-07-11, 04:52 PM
"A glass of palm wine, please. Something local will do." The voice wafting through the quiet inn belongs to the elf with the platinum blond hair sitting at the end of the bar. Nyrius looks around in detached interest. He's been waiting here for over ten minutes and has yet to be served - he suspects it might have something to do with his obviously arcane robes and distinct appearance. The locals here seem to have a great deal of camaraderie, something he unfortunately does not share with them. It's chance that has brought Nyrius to the Tooth and Hookah this afternoon. After arriving in Wati with little other than rumors and the news about the necropolis, the wizard has been hard pressed to find a group. Especially when you keep your nose stuck in that journal all day.

The self-beratement is certainly rooted in truth. He hasn't been here long enough to warrant pulling out his journal and jotting down a few of his thoughts about the interior layout of the tavern, but he can't seem to stop categorizing the abodes through which he travels as 'adobe brick with double hung sash windows'. He's got a few point form notes on the Tooth and Hookah already, written in an Elven shorthand in order to maximize efficiency and prevent most curious people from gleaning his observations. But the book is away now as the mage waits for his wine. As he does, he can't help but turn to look at the bar's newcomer, as well as her gigantic scorpion companion.

"Brought a friend from the desert, I see? A gigantus quinquestriatus, by the looks of him. Magnificent, I must say." Nyrius extends a hand to the woman, deigning not to touch the huge scorpion. "The name is Nyrius Shael-Khefer, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Miry
2017-07-11, 05:45 PM
"I should have some finner wine around here, just a second."

The bartender go in the kitchen, and come back after a minute with a bottle and a wine glass.

"There you go sir, sorry for the delay." he say, pouring the wine.

Hazuki
2017-07-11, 06:05 PM
"Just the meal." Snips assures the bartender of Jakku's good intentions by stroking its back, then whirls around to face the sudden elf. She doesn't think much of his strange words, but the jist of it is pleasant enough. So, she shakes his hand with a very firm grip. "I'm Snips. This is Jakku." She smiles, and Jakku snips in Nyrius' general direction. "We don't see people like you unless they're almost dead! It's good that you're not in the desert."

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-11, 07:49 PM
Ron decides to enter the bar to play some music and hopefully make some money. His faithful thrush companion sits on his elbow as he walks to a corner. He takes out his guitar and begins playing for the customers. Hopefully, he would make enough money for the two to eat.

OOC: [roll0]

Music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3cVgaGS4ys)

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-11, 09:16 PM
Xerxes was resting on one of the cushions in the room. The Paladin was dressed in loose fitting dusty colored robes that covered his arsenal, and his pack was resting beside the wall. His white scarf was pulled back from his face. His face would have been considered to be handsome according to conventional standards of male beauty by those who pay attention to such matters. His face was clean shaven, with his medium length hair parted in the center, which sat above his Kele****e olive colored skin. It had been a long journey from Qadira's capital of Katheer to Wati. He been on pleasure barges in the city's harbor, but it had been the first time he had journeyed on an ocean going vessel. Thankfully, Saranrae's Grace had fortified his health in the face of the Inner Sea's turbulence. Now he found himself alone, in a country that not too long ago had been conquered by his homeland. There had been no major incidents, been it had been surprising to note how many Osirions seemed to lose the ability to speak Taldoran Common in his presence.

Now, he focused himself on the challenge ahead of him. The Grand Mausoleum only offered slots in their lottery to groups, not individuals. Not to mention that according to the local stories, the Necropolis was teeming with monsters. Or perhaps those locals only wished to deter Foreigners from entering their Ancestor's tombs. It was hard to parse their motivations sometimes. He had been searching for three days to find a group that he could ally himself with, and so far his efforts failed to avail him. They either didn't want to take him on, or he found them to be untrustworthy. After all, accidents might happen, and it would be such a shame if not everyone made it back and the treasure needed to be split among fewer people.

Despite the two day deadline, Xerxes wasn't worried. Saranrae would provide, he was confident about that. He just needed to be open to Her Will.

Just as he was reflecting on this, he saw the giant scorpion walk through the door. He slid his hand under his robes to rest on the handle of his enchanted scimitar, the one possession he had kept from his previous sinful life. He relaxed his grip on his scimitar as he saw the elf talk to the strange young woman. He had not seen any Elves since he had left Katheer, which was considered to be one of the premier centers of learning in the Inner Sea region.

Xerxes stood up and made his way over to the bar just as the bard was starting to play music. His wooden symbol of Saranrae was laid over top of his robes. His Faith was one of the few things he was not ashamed of, and he would bear her image with the reverence and respect it deserved. His long white scarf hung loose around his neck. Those who paid attention to such matters would know that it signified that he was a Knight of Saranrae. He stood on the side of the elf that was opposite the strange woman, and called out at the Barkeeper. I just want some Water. He turned to address the young woman and said. I trust that the beast is ensorcelled in such a manner that it will not cause us trouble?

Hazuki
2017-07-11, 09:27 PM
Snips regards Xerxes with a long look. "As much as you are." Jakku doesn't seem to have an opinion on its state of ensorcellment.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-11, 09:42 PM
At first Nyrius only raises an eyebrow at Snips' comment, as he looks down at the fairly loose, appropriate desert robes that he's been wearing since somewhere back in Katapesh. But he shrugs inwardly. Sometimes it's good to remember that he's still a relative outsider looking in, and if his attire isn't cut out for the heat of the Osirian sands, then perhaps he ought to visit a local tailor. "You would, perhaps, know better than I where to purchase better clothing and equipment for an overland journey. I am still fairly unaccustomed to actually living in the Land of Pharaohs after all this time. And yet I find that I have spent the vast majority of my coin on other matters." The elf stresses the word 'other' in a decidedly resigned tone of voice, a tone that he drowns with a little swig of the sweet palm wine.

That's when the tanned, handsome man comes walking in and orders water. Nyrius watches silently at first, but as he observes the rather unpleasant exchange between him and Snips over Jakku's presence, he feels the need to intervene. "Now, there's hardly any need for that, is there? The barkeep allowed the creature inside, is that not enough? Besides, it is patently obvious that the scorpion's fate is bound to hers. You'll forgive me - I am not always the best judge of character - but I don't believe that either would harm anyone, unless provocation was first laid at their feet. Am I correct in assuming so, Miss Snips?"

Bale Fire
2017-07-11, 10:11 PM
The sound of a guitar being played on the ground floor of inn was just enough of a disturbance to break Zhanyae Chakk's concentration. With a frustrated sigh she ceased her meditation, and allowed her thoughts to dwell upon less spiritual matters. Looking to her room's only window, the tengu could see that it was still several hours until sunset. Soon she would venture out onto the streets again, and search for allies to aid her in her mission. It was surprisingly difficult to find trustworthy companions in Wati right now. Despite the city currently being overrun with adventurers, explorers, and archeologists, most of them had recruited compatriots before entering the city, rather than after.

Deciding that she might as well make an early start of it, Zhanyae climbed up off of her bed and gathered her belongings. Stopping for a moment to stretch her poor back, the tengu looked around to make sure she had not left anything behind. In the past she had slept and eaten at the Grand Mausoleum, living there with only the other clerics of Pharasma for company. But now she lodged here, searching for others willing to enter the soon to be open tombs of the Necropolis.

Her quarters here had been... adequate. There really weren't any other words to describe the narrow bed and small room that she was currently paying for at the The Tooth & Hookah. But that was just fine with her. Anything more than the basic amenities would have been a distraction.

Walking out of her room and down the stairs, Zhanyae decided that she would have a glass of water before she began this afternoon's search.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-11, 11:11 PM
Xerxes was the surprise that at the response he received. He closed his eyes for a moment, blocking out the distractions of the external world so he could listen to the will of the Goddess. When She had revealed that there was no evil in the hearts of the people before him, he realized that he had misread the situation. He raised his hand in an appeasing gesture at the young woman, which the Elf had referred to as 'Snips'. My apologies. He spoke with a slight baritone I only spoke out of misplaced concern for the safety of this establishment and the people within it. I assure you that I intended no malice on my part.

Xerxes sighed. This has been a.. trying past few days, and my mind has been occupied by other burdens. Allow me to offer proper introductions. He crossed his right arm across his chest and offered a proper bow to the Elf and Snips. My name is Xerxes, and I am but a humble servant of The Dawnflower. I am at the service of You and Yours.

Hazuki
2017-07-12, 04:02 AM
Snips is about to answer Nyrius' question when Xerxes concedes and decides that perhaps it's better not to. It wouldn't get anything done and it doesn't seem like he's preparing to start a fight any more. She settles for clearing the confusion following Xerxes' introduction.

"Who is the Dawnflower?" She tilts her head.

Miry
2017-07-12, 05:41 AM
The bartender bring the raw meat plate for Snips and thr ester glass for Xerxes. He say nothing more, letting them continue their conversation.

The few people around the room seems pleased by the bard music.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-12, 01:46 PM
Xerxes eyes visibly widened in surprise. He knew he had traveled far from the Empire, but to to see that there were places that Saranrae's light hadn't reached was astonishing. There was much work to be done. She bears many titles: The Everlight, The Healing Light, The Dawnflower. The name that most call her by is Saranrae. During the time of Creation, she fought the Rough Beast Rovagug and used the Flames of the Sun to cast the abomination down into the center of the World. His voice was saturated with religious fervor, and at this point he was delivering a partial sermon.

There are three sacred commandments that she has given us:

The First is to Lead with mercy, patience, and compassion. Inspire others to unite in fellowship.
The Second is to Aid those who are without guide. Heal those who are without hope.
The Third is that Those who are beyond redemption, who revel in slaughter and remorseless evil, must meet swift justice.

Hazuki
2017-07-12, 01:52 PM
Snips listens to Xerxes' explanation of The Dawnflower with rapt attention, as she places the meat down for Jakku to gobble up. Which it does. "She sounds very nice." She says, as she pushes the five coppers over to the barkeep. "Is that your symbol of her?" She asks, and points to the holy symbol laid on top of his robes. She then reaches inside her own robes, to retrieve the old and scratched holy symbol of Khepri. "This is Khepri. He's a dung beetle. He helps people, too. I think they would like each other."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-12, 06:05 PM
When the subject of comparative religions is brought up, Nyrius nods along and interjects nothing of his own faith. The All-Seeing Eye's credo does not extend to proseltyzing others, and his beliefs are his own. He knows the basic tenets of the Dawnflower's faith, but Xerxes' words sound more like a proper recitation, and tell Nyrius considerably more about the man than about the god he worships. It leads him to a different conclusion, one which is supported by several independent factors coming together at once.

"In my studies," he begins, "the philosophy of Eclecticism is meant to signify a mixture of various styles - past and present, classical and modern - into a cohesive whole. It occurs to me that none of you have arrived with any companions. Given the Ruby Prince's lottery, I come to the most likely conclusion that you are, for various reasons, here to see that lottery won. I too am a lone traveler, and it behooves me to mention that an inn like this is as perfect an opportunity to form a new group as I have seen since entering Wati."

"So, would any of you care to find a table where we can discuss a potential partnership?"

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-12, 07:29 PM
Xerxes was uncertain as Snips discussed this 'Khepri'. That wasn't a deity he ever heard of back in the Empire. Was this one of the local Osirion Gods? Her choice to describe her deity as 'A dung beetle', a creature which lived on the waste products of other creatures, did not endear Xerxes to this 'Khepri'. His first instinct would have been to admonish the young woman for comparing Saranrae to such a creature. However, he wasn't certain if he was motivated out of a desire to protect Saranrae's Image, or was this simply another manifestation of his sinful pride?

He laid his hand upon the holy symbol of Saranrae. It appeared as the the silhouette of a woman with outstretched arms, with the sun rising behind her head and angelic wings extending behind her. He smiled gently and said Yes, this is the Icon of Her that I have been granted the privilege to bear. He pondered his next words carefully. There are times when the Forces of Darkness seem to outnumber the Light. I do not know anything of your God, but I do know that all Powers high and low that wish to create a better future in the world must band together in the face of darkness. I would wish to learn more of this 'Khepri', given the appropriate time and place. If nothing else, to ensure that it and its followers are all as benevolent as she believes.

Xerxes was surprised by the clarity of the Elf's deductions. Had his purpose been that obvious? Regardless, it seemed that he was now starting to recognize what Saranrae had planned for him. He grabbed the water after paying the appropriate amount. He made his way over to a table, and gestured for the other two to join him. Yes. I do not believe our meeting here was a simple coincidence. I too wish to enter the Necropolis. My goal is to search for lost knowledge of the past.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-12, 10:29 PM
Ron hears Xerxes speak about Sarenrea and decides to get closer to hear more clearly about what he was speaking. It was quite uncommon to meet another follower of Sarenrea in this place and he would waste the time to greet him. "Bless you brother.... and forgive my intrusion. I couldn't help myself and hear you are a fellow follower of the Dawnflower, Sarenrea. "

Ron decides he should present himself considering the situation. "My name is Ron Shiri. I am traveling bard and devoted servant to Sarenrea and besides me is my faithful companion Flatnote. If I can assist you in anyway, let me now. Oh! And once again, I am deeply sorry for interrupting the conversation between you two."

Bale Fire
2017-07-13, 07:43 AM
"I too wish to enter the Necropolis. My goal is to search for lost knowledge of the past."

These were the words that greeted Zhanyae as she stepped out into the main room of The Tooth & Hookah. At first the tengu was sure that she had misheard, that her own thoughts and plans had caused her to misinterpret what was actually being said. But the inn currently had only a few patrons, and as such there was very little background noise. No. Zhanyae was very certain that she had heard correctly.

Someone else in this room was planning an expedition into the tombs and crypts of the Necropolis. It would seem that her goddess had blessed her this day.

Advancing with a loping stride that was common amongst her people, Zhanyae tried to be inconspicuous as she examined the group that was seated at a nearby table. The one that had been talking about travelling into the tombs was a broad-shouldered type, with black hair, brown eyes, and a face that some humans might have called handsome. He was currently wearing robes that seemed purposefully loose, as if they were there to conceal weapons or armour beneath them.

His companions were a mixed bunch. An elf that at first glance appeared to be a scholar, a human bard still holding his instrument in his hands, and a human girl that had a large scorpion scuttling along beside her.

Eager to seize such an opportunity, but at the same time cautious of these people of which she knew nothing about, Zhanyae decided that she would observe for a moment before approaching them.

Adjusting her plain black vestments, Zhanyae walked over to the bartender and ordered a drink. "A cold glass of water, please." She squawked, sliding over the necessary amount of money. Almost as an afterthought, the tengu then asked. "And would you mind me telling how long that group over at the table has been here? I think one of them might be an old friend of mine." That was a lie, but a fairly believable one.

And while she waited for her drink, Zhanyae Chakk listened carefully, trying to discern more about this group of adventurers.

Hazuki
2017-07-13, 08:03 AM
"There are other people who know more." Snips tells Xerxes. It's at this point that she hears Nyrius' declaration that they were fated to meet, which she doesn't really see. She just came in for some meat. But, Bemekh did suggest she go to Wati for the lottery, and these strangers seem to know about it. So, she steps over the chair and sits down with Jakku happily nomming by her feet.

The Ron person that comes up next seems like Xerxes' business, so her eyes narrow on the thrush at the bard's side. Birds aren't her favorite, but small ones like this are rather rare. She offers flatnote a smile and a pleasant whistle that imitates birdsong.

Miry
2017-07-13, 12:17 PM
The bartender slide a glass of cold water (as cold as you can find in osirion anyway) to the tengu.

" Here miss. They all walk in separatly a few minute ago. The elf has been here the longuest, for about a quarter of an hour."

He then goes back to his business, and do not seem to care about the motive of Zhanyae's question.

(I'll write the cost of what everyone bought tonight)

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-13, 09:08 PM
I greet you brother! From where do you hail? By this point I lost hope of meeting any of the Faithful outside of the Empire itself. Xerxes stepped up from the table to embrace Ron. It truely is Saranrae's will that brought us together to this place.

He returned to the table and looked up at the group. I would be interested in hearing more about your stakes in this affair. Why are you interested in exploring the Necropolis? I would prefer to avoid partnering with petty thieves and pillagers who have no respect for the place.

Hazuki
2017-07-14, 07:23 AM
Snips blinks as she's addressed again. So much conversation in one day is surprising, but welcome! It reminds her of...well, the person she's about to mention. "My friend, his name is Bemekh Darmok, he thinks I should join the lottery. So I am."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-14, 09:31 AM
"I assure you, my interests are purely academic. I wish to re odd some of the architecture and building practices of the ancients, to add to my records. In fact, I plan to publish my works soon, and a first-hand look at an Ancient Osirian necropolis untouched for years is exactly what I am looking for." The elf speaks with a note of self-satisfaction, patting his bag with his notes and scrolls.

"Although," he adds as an afterthought, "if there is monetary compensation to be had, I would certainly not mind. I would never think of desecrating any resting places, of course, but even an elf needs to eat."

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-14, 11:01 AM
"Certainly, brother. Sarenrae has smiled upon both of us." Ron declares in agreement. "I am also interested in exploration and have had some training in it. I wont deny that my interests partially involve the acquisition of gold but also want to put to good use the talents that my tutors teach me. I am not interested in desecration and destruction of ancient places or artifacts though."

Bale Fire
2017-07-14, 09:50 PM
Zhanyae had heard enough to figure out that these people were more than just thieves and looters. She still wasn't sure about the young girl, but at the very least she did not appear malicious.

Now she just had to figure out a way to approach them. Should she command them to assist her? Should she offer them money? Should she simply ask them? Zhanyae had done many things in her life, but joining a team of tomb explorers was a new one.

Eventually she decided to keep things simple. Downing the last of her water (which was not nearly as cold as she had hoped), the tengu walked over to the low table where the three humans and the elf were seated.

"My name is Zhanyae Chakk, and I am a cleric of Pharasma." She said, introducing herself as she approached. "I overheard the four of you talking about forming a team to enter the Necropolis. I will not mask my words. If your goal is to invade these tombs, then you must take me with you."

Hazuki
2017-07-15, 06:06 AM
snips narrows her eyes at the short woman that strides over to their table. Not for any kind of impoliteness, but for the name she uses. "You follow Pharasma?" She tilts her head. "Why do you have a beak?"

Bale Fire
2017-07-15, 10:19 AM
Zhanyae couldn't help but stare at the young girl who was now asking her so many questions. The tengu had anticipated many different responses from the group, but being asked "Why do you have a beak?" was not one of them.

"Yes, I serve goddess of life and death, Pharasma." Zhanyae replied. "And I have a beak because I have always had a beak, just as you have always had a mouth, a nose, and a pair of eyes." Ruffling her feathers, the cleric waved her hand at the girl dismissively. "In the future please do not ask me such foolish questions. I cannot stand such nonsense."

Hazuki
2017-07-15, 10:35 AM
Snips narrows her eyes further, then holds her head high. "Don't try to get your beak on Jakku. I've got feed in my packs if you really need to eat, okay?" The giant scorpion looks between the two women, then goes back to its meal.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-15, 07:00 PM
As the Elf discusses his views on financial compensation, Xerxes considers his own position. Truth be told, he wasn't particularly interested in making a profit. However, he didn't want to be taken advantage of either, not to mention that the Holy work of the Church of Sarenrae occasionally requires material resources. If we are collecting treasure, I would see no problems with taking old coinage, and other such items that lack historical significance. That being said, I would insist that we divide all treasure equally among all sentients in the group. He explained.

As the newcomer and Snips banter with each other, Xerxes turns in his chair to face Snips.There is no need for such language. he lightly chides. We are all the beloved wards of Sarenrae. He turned to look at the Tengu, and his voice took on a slightly colder tone. That being said, 'must take you' is a very strong choice of words. Would you care to elaborate on what you meant by that?

Bale Fire
2017-07-16, 07:44 AM
Zhanyae just shook her head and ignored the girl, though she did take a small step to the left. She did not want to be any closer to that scorpion than she needed to be.

Turning towards the human who spoke so highly of Sarenrae, the tengu addressed the man with just a smidge more respect than she had the others. "I say that I must, because I feel that you and I have no other choice. Over the last few years I have felt Pharasma guiding me, walking me down the path upon which I find myself now." Zhanyae extended a taloned hand, drawing his attention to the others seated at the table. "Fate has brought me to you this afternoon. How else do you think five complete strangers –at least I assume us all to be strangers– have gathered here today, all seeking the same thing?"

She gave the annoying girl from before a sideways glance before continuing. "It is too soon to know just how well our goals and plans align, but I can tell you that right now my intention is to enter the Necropolis and destroy all undead who dwell within, as my faith demands."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-16, 08:43 AM
"As long as your divine imperative remains simply that - a belief in Pharasma's influence over our actions - then I do not see a problem with your joining us. Given the nature of the task at hand, we are quite likely to encounter undead, so having a cleric, and a Pharasmin no less, by our side is the wise course of action." Nyrius has been watching a few of the interactions, and already there appears to be some tension between Snips, the paladin Xerxes, and the newcomer tengu. For a moment, he is fondly reminded of some of his Society meetings back in Quantium. They never seemed to be able to agree on much, either.

"On the subject of fiscal compensation, I wholeheartedly agree. Whatever we find that would be within the bounds of respect for us to claim should be given out as equal shares." The elf looks at Jakku on the ground. "Although Snips, I'm afraid that our new companion's stipulation about 'sentience' was not specific enough for my taste. Does it seem agreeable to you for your scorpion friend and yourself to split a single share? I do not wish to offend Jakku, but I imagine it would be difficult for a creature such as him to use coin for its intended purpose."

Hazuki
2017-07-16, 08:53 AM
Snips makes a face when Xerxes mentions her being the beloved of Sarenrae. She's never felt any of that love, nor has she expected to. All she can decide is that Sarenrae must have a lot of love to give.

When Nyrius brings up Jakku, she smiles widely. "We don't need any more than one share. We look out for each other." She and Jakku lock fist and stinger in a display of solidarity."But there should be one more split anyway. For things we share. Anti-toxins, shelter, and things like that?"

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-16, 10:27 AM
"Flatnote and I dont mind sharing a single share of the rewards. " he adds due to the point being brought out for the other animal and master duo. He pets Flatnote for a bit.

"It is a unique chance for all of us. Since we are all traveling to the same destination anyway. Not to mention that there is a safety in numbers."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-16, 10:56 AM
Xerxes nods as the Tengu speaks. He seemed satisfied with her explanation. Very well, I believe we have an accord. He stood up to shake her hand. I am called Xerxes, the elf is called Nyrius, the young woman is Snips, and the Bard is Ron. I for one would be glad to have you accompany us. I... don't have any experience with undead, so your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Xerxes felt his heart soar. Things were finally beginning to look up. He turned towards the bartender and shouted. Bartender! Another round if you please. This calls for a celebration!

I hereby motion that we try to wrap this scene up and move on to the lottery. If we want to hash out details about how to account for loot, I would suggest we handle that OOC. I'm fine with subtracting gold for 'shared' items and dividing it five ways. I have a spreadsheet lying around somewhere that could help with that.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-16, 11:11 AM
On the matter of a single share for consumables, Nyrius hesitates for a moment. "As somebody who invests a good deal of time and resources into objects that tend to benefit my traveling companions instead of myself, a split pool might end up benefitting me more than others in the group. Unless of course, you are referring strictly to elixirs and potable goods, in which case I can see the wisdom in your proposal."

The elven mage takes another sip of the sweet palm wine, considering the various figures at the table across from him. Most of them appear to be foreigners - himself included in that number - with the exception of the young woman and her vermin, and possibly the musician. Thankfully, the Ruby Prince's edict appears to be aimed towards generating local revenue through specifically foreign repossession and sale of ancient artifacts. It has already proven to be a valuable shot in the arm to Osirion's economy... and yet something about the notion bothers Nyrius. Perhaps it is the idea of selling out one's history wholesale.

Then again, who is he to judge the Ruby Prince, a man he has never met? It's not as if he has to bear the responsibility of carrying an entire nation on his shoulders. Besides, you are about to be one of the beneficiaries of the very policy you malign. Best to acknowledge the internal contradiction of thought versus practice, and move on.

When Xerxes moves for another round, Nyrius downs his glass. There will be more chances to drink later - for now, there is a contract of terms to draw up, for all present parties to sign.

Bale Fire
2017-07-16, 10:59 PM
Satisfied that they had reached an agreement, Zhanyae Chakk sat down next to the others, and was surprised to find the cushions were very comfortable. When the bartender came over with a round of celebratory drinks, the tengu did not decline, and actually deigned to swallow a mouthful of wine. Being one step closer to entering those tombs was worth commending, she supposed.

Of course the five of them still needed to actually win the lottery that would take place two days from now. But Zhanyae had no doubt that Pharasma would provide their group with an avenue to success.

Leaning back, Zhanyae brought her mind back to the conversation taking place. There was still much to discuss.

Miry
2017-07-17, 05:47 AM
Happy to have found a suitable group, the 5 adventurer use the next day to get ready and to start to get acquainted with the others.

Oathday come, and the new group leave early for the Sunburst Market, where the lottery ceremony take place.

There is a festival-like quality in the air, and numerous street vendors are hawking goods and refreshments to participants and spectators alike. Some merchants have even brought what can only be considered adventuring gear to sell as last minute convenience items to explorers, while others advertise that they'll buy recovered treasures and antiquities from those who visit their establishments.

In front of the imposing edifice of the Grand Mausoleum, an immense awning has been erected between decorated pillars in the market to provide shade for the priests of Pharasma overseeing the lottery. Beneath the awning, two urns sit atop a table elevated a few feet above the ground on a wooden stage constructed for the event. The high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, sits behind the table, while two acolytes confer with her at either side. A few guards surround the stage.

Numerous adventuring groups stand in small clusters near the stage, made up of multiple nationalities and races. Most keep to themselves, but some teams engage in conversation with other teams, mostly speculating about what they'll likely face in the necropolis.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-17, 04:24 PM
Xerxes was mostly aloof in the face of the various street vendors and there wears. However, he did lean down to speak to the Tengu I know little of the creatures that we are likely to encounter inside. Are there any supplies that we should acquire while we have the chance?

While everyone was waiting for the lottery, Xerxes took this opportunity to look at the other groups of adventurers. He surveyed them to see which ones were noteworthy.

Could I get some more description about the Adventurers that are present? Are there any distinct groups?

Hazuki
2017-07-17, 05:27 PM
Snips spends the opening minutes of the lottery standing beside Jakku and adjusting the straps of her weaponry. Standing still for a long time has never been her thing.

With Xerxes' question, she scratches her head. "Blessed water?"

Miry
2017-07-17, 05:41 PM
There is around 20 different group, and they are all so hetero****e that no one stand out more than the others, at least for what you can see. You see people from around the world, from Tian-Xia to the land of the Linnorm Kings, passing by the Mwangi Expense and much, much more.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-17, 06:11 PM
Ron just arrives to the congregation. "Sorry for being late. We are really sorry." replies Flatnote. Ron walks into the group wondering about the lottery. "I hope we didn't just miss the whole event."

Bale Fire
2017-07-18, 09:18 AM
Turning her gaze away from the hustle and bustle of the marketplace, Zhanyae looks a little irritated that the girl who calls herself 'Snips' has answered the question in her stead. But then she nods in agreement.

"She is correct." The tengu replies, talking to Xerxes. "I already have several flasks of holy water in my pack, though we could always purchase more. I could also bless the water myself with a little bit of time and effort."

Stopping to scratch the bottom of her break, she then continues.

"Otherwise, I think it would be a good idea for us all to carry multiple weapons. Some undead are difficult to kill if you wield only a bow or a blade." The cleric then looks at the many implements of war strapped to the paladin's belt. "Though that does not seem as though it will be a problem for you."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-18, 11:15 AM
Xerxes scratches his chin thoughtfully as listened to Snips and Zhanyae. I see.
Well if its possible for you to make holy water, it might make more sense to do that instead of buying some.
It looks like we are going to have a fair amount of downtime. He looked around at the various vendors taking advantage of the the festivities to set up their stalls. Somehow, I expect that there is going to be a small markup He commented dryly. I'm going to try to talk with some of the other groups, see if I can learn something. Worse comes to worst I can at least establish myself as a friendly face.

Xerxes left the main group and confidently strolled towards the other adventurers. As interesting as it might be to talk with one of the more exotic groups, he figured that a group that was originally closer to the region would more likely to have some useful insight. He hoped to find someone from his homeland. He picked one group to approach and offered a friendly greeting. Hello, my name is Xerxes, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

So, Xerxes is hoping to find a group composed of Kala****es or at least has one Kala****e. If that is not the case, he will try to look for a group of Osirions.

Diplomacy:[roll0]

Miry
2017-07-18, 12:17 PM
High Priestess Sebti the Crocodile

The young but powerful high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile rose to her rank through hard work and determination from the common rabble roughly ten years ago. Preaching a doctrine of personal fulfillment over happiness, wealth, or achievement, she is much more popular with the common citizenry over the rest of the council or even some members of her own faith.

(I'll post for Xerxes later, at work for now)

3SecondCultist
2017-07-18, 02:04 PM
Nyrius, having been among the first to arrive, follows in to close ranks with his new traveling companions as they gather around Xerxes. Not for the first time, the elf looks at the armored man with something akin to respect. He's managed to take charge of a rather disparate group, I'll admit. The mage hauls his bulging backpack and scroll case, as well as the heavy crossbow and bolts over his magical cloak as though that were answer enough to the man's question about gear for the trials ahead.

"I have prepared suitable magic," Nyrius says when it's clear that others have their own contributions to the cause. "Spells for every rhyme and occasion! Magic for rest, for enhancements, and for some more incendiary eventualities. Rest assured, the various accoutrements of my trade will be made available to you." The spellcaster says this with an odd mixture of excitement and resignation. Despite the fact that this is actually happening, once again he's proving his parents right.

When Xerxes moves to approach another group, Nyrius follows close behind, watching but saying little. He is not a master of words spoken face to face; best to leave that to those more practiced in that arena.

Miry
2017-07-18, 09:08 PM
Xerxes sadly see no other Keleshiite, but spot a nearby group with what look like a few osirian. A quick look reveal 4 woman, 2 wearing veils and light, ample clothing, 1 tall and muscular wearing a light armor a not much else, and a smaller one who is clearly a follower of Iomedae. With them, a tall and pale woman, clearly not from around here.

Xerxes salute them, and for a moment they stay quiet, all looking at him with scrutinizing eyes.

Then, the foreign woman speak, with a strong, northen accent.

"Good day, sir Xerxes! I am Sigrun Firehair, and it's a pleasure to meet you as well."

She smily widely and seem really happy that you approached her group, but you can see that her enthusiasm is not share by the rest of the all-female group.

"Don't mind my friends here, they are more reserved then me. I, personally, adore meeting other adventurers and sharing tales of our intrepid deeds!"

She then open her arms, pointing her 4 friends.

" We are the daughters of the desert."

Hazuki
2017-07-18, 09:15 PM
Snips decides that it's in her best interests to follow Xerxes, because it seems like Nyrius is doing it and it wouldn't do to be left behind. Jakku is just at her heels, as ever, keeping a vigilant eye out for anyone who might try to cause trouble. The Osirian girl peers out from behind the Paladin to stare at the Daughters of the Desert, and decides that the name must be metaphorical.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-19, 02:07 AM
Ron decides to assist Xerxes on getting accounted the group of women. "...and I am Ron Shiri. It is truly a pleasure meeting you all. I hope the wait for the big event to start has been exciting so far. I could even play some music to pass the time if it would be of your liking."

[roll0]

Bale Fire
2017-07-19, 05:59 PM
Zhanaye chooses not to join the others in their mingling. Instead she simply stands back and observes, watching the participants, spectators, and the priests observing the lottery. Using the superior vision that is so well known amongst her avian ancestors, the tengu looks for anything that seems out of the ordinary.

[roll0]

Miry
2017-07-19, 06:49 PM
The ulfren woman look surprisingly pleased by Ron proposition.

" Oooh, a musician! It would be my pleasure to join you in a performance, but perhaps another time. My sisters want to focus on the task ahead, and i won't let them wait after me. But next time we meet, Ron Shiri, we should sing and play music all night long."

You see the same thing i said to Xerxes about the crowd.

You notice that the priests of Pharasma on the stage do not look happy at all, especialy the High Priestess.

Miry
2017-07-20, 06:03 PM
Suddenly, the crowd quiet down. Turning to see the stage, you see the High Priestess standing up, walking a few step toward the crowd. After a few second of silence, watching over the crowd, she speak loudly.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/42/5b/52/425b529083faccfcac558da8d53a9b33.jpg

"Welcome, every one, to our memorable city of Wati. As High Priestess of Phrasama I, Sebti the Crocodile, wish you good fortune and the best of success in this...recovery of the anciens artefact of the necropolis."

She pause. The stern look on her face let show that she is clearly not happy about the situation.

"Our great Ruby Prince, Pharaoh Khemet III, as decided, with the church of the Pharasma, as decide to finaly open the Necropolis of our beloved city, to explore its mysteries and recovers the lost treasures of our ancestors. Each adventurers here have registered in groups to explore the city of the dead, and to keep order and avoid conflict, every group will be assign, randomly, three different site to explore, on 3 different day. Although many of you have requested specific sites to explore, we must leave these matters to fate. The Lady of Graves is a far better judge of destiny than we of this mortal sphere. As you can expect, there will be some rules you all will have to follow. Here they are:

Remember how this came to pass: The Plague of Madness was unleashed upon the city of Wati while religious authorities were engaged in infighting. This rule is a reminder that the necropolis remains a holy place, and those who engage in needless conflict and banditry are not only criminals, but accursed.

Every slave's hut is a memorial: Every structure within the necropolis is a testament to the people who lived and died in the city. Explorers must not desecrate or vandalize standing structures and tombs, but preserve them as the memorials they were intended to be. Some structures may be trapped or decrepit, but willful and unnecessary destruction will not be tolerated.

Honor the departed: The dead should be treated with dignity and respect. If the interred need to be disturbed to recover an antiquity or relic, they should be returned to their resting places carefully. It is understood that the ancient dead are often brittle, but there is no need for the contents of a sarcophagus to be summarily dumped on the ground. This rule does not apply to the undead or other abominations .

Failure to comply with these rules can result in, but is not limited to, expulsion from the necropolis , a ban on continued exploration, seizure of recovered valuables, and arrest and prosecution by local authorities.

When the name of your group is called, please send a representative to gather the information on the stage."

She go back to her chair, as the 2 other priest stand up. They each go to one of the big urns that are on the stage.

The priest on the left take token in the urn. You hear names like "the dog soldiers", "the ember scorpions", "the ring of daggers", "the cryptfinders", and much more. Each time, some one from the crowd walk to the stage. The second priest pick a token in the other urn, then give him some papers.

After a few minutes, you hear the first priest yell: "The Scribes of the Ashen Crown"

Hazuki
2017-07-20, 06:10 PM
Snips decides that she should be the one to represent the Scribes of the Ashen Crown, given that she is the Osirion member of the group, and partially to spite the Pharasman priests standing on the stage. They don't know that she knows that they're bad people, but she does, and that's enough. So, she starts slinking up to the stage, while Jakku stays near the group and happily clicks its claws in joy at their being chosen.

Miry
2017-07-20, 06:40 PM
The priests of Pharasma salute Snips as she get on stage. The priest near the second urn reach down and take a token out. After looking at it, he give a map of the necropolis to Snips, and mark their first site on it.

"The western gate of the necropolis will open an hour after the end of the ceremony. Be carefull in there, and best of luck to you and your group. May Pharasma watch over your soul."

The priest wait for Snips to get off the stage before calling another team.

Hazuki
2017-07-20, 06:45 PM
"I'm not telling her where it is." Snips mutters, as she grips the map tightly in one hand and skulks back towards the group. "Who wants to look after it? I'm a good hunter, but...I don't hunt in tombs." She holds the map out to whoever seems willing to take it.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-20, 07:28 PM
"Allow me, please. I am quite happy keeping up to date records of our progress, and a an accurate map would aid quite a bit in that particular endeavour." The mage examines the lines of the necropolis, committing it to memory and showing it to the others in the group as needed before rolling it up and placing it carefully among the rest of the scrolls in his backpack.

For a second, Nyrius continues to look at Snips and Jakku. "Madame," he says to her, "it would appear that the Scribes are in need of a proper leader. I would volunteer for the position myself, but engendering the loyalty of others... is hardly my best quality. As the only member of our band with any native ties to the Land of Pharaohs, it certainly be geopolitically appropriate for you to take up the mantle."

That is, unless one judges the qualities of leadership by social merit alone. In which case, I would certainly judge Xerxes to be the most fit for command. The elf does not voice this opinion out loud, however. He's almost curious to see what the paladin will make of his proclamation, as well as Snips volunteering herself, which was in essence a tacit acceptance of the same fact.

Hazuki
2017-07-20, 07:35 PM
Snips shrugs her shoulders. "I can do it." She has plenty of experience in dealing with vermin, and the desert itself, so there's no reason she couldn't lead them. Any time they don't need to deal with people like the priests, anyway. "All the old leaders knew the old tongue, so the new leader should know it too. That's how tradition works." She nods.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-20, 07:43 PM
Nyrius' eyebrows skyrocket at the young woman's latest declaration, his elven pupils now looking quite a bit like saucers. "Pardon me, but did you just say you know how to speak Ancient Osiriani? How did you come to learn the tongue? Who taught it to you? Are there any dialects that differentiate historical periods? Do you know of any others who can speak it fluently? Heuristically, what would you approximate to be the most efficient method of learning it as a scholar?"

The questions seem endless, a notebook suddenly appearing as if from nowhere in Nyrius' hands as he frantically scribbles down as much as he can. Indeed, he continues to pester Snips until somebody stops him.

Hazuki
2017-07-20, 07:49 PM
Snips examines her fingernails until Nyrius is done with his initial barrage of questioning before she answers. "I do. Bemekh Darmok, he's my friend, taught it to me. I don't know the answers to the rest of your questions. Bemekh taught bits and pieces of it to me, and I picked up the rest. I could speak some at you and see if you know how?"

3SecondCultist
2017-07-20, 07:58 PM
Completely unaware of any boundaries that his interrogation might be crossing, the spellcaster from Nex continues. "Ah, and Mr. Darmok, how did he learn to speak Ancient Osiriani? Was your training method primarily based on oral tradition, as per more than a few ancient societies, or did your schooling have written components as well? Are there meetings for those who speak the old dialects to come together and debate the finer points of divergent pronunciation? Would an interested peer such as myself be able to meet with Mr. Darmok, so as to learn the rudimentary lessons of Ancient Osiriani?"

When Snips offers to speak it for him, Nyrius can only nod as emphatically as one can, without straining one's neck.

Hazuki
2017-07-20, 08:05 PM
"I don't know, but he's a nobleman, and they have a lot of things. He spoke it to me and showed me some old writings he borrowed. I don't know if there are others, because I only learned from Bhemek. I think he'd like to meet you - you're quite similar." Snips smiles, then slips into Ancient Osiriani. "I hope those daughters of the desert don't try to get in our way. They seemed nice, even the pale one, like you, but she didn't have your pointy ears."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-20, 09:51 PM
My apologies for the late post, the last few days have kept me occupied.

Xerxes was content to stand back and watch as Ron interacted with the Daughters of the Desert. When the time came for the lottery, Xerxes stepped forward again. It was a pleasure to meet you Sigrun. He said while offering her a warm smile. We should catch up again after our excursions into the Necropolis. This is the first time I've ever been outside Qadira, and I would like to hear about your homeland. May the Dawnflower watch over you And it certainly doesn't hurt to know that there will be at least one other friendly face in the Undead infested warrens.

~~~After the Draw~~~

Xerxes had listened attentively to Sebti's speech. His family had taught him to always pay attention to any loophole that could be exploited, and through that lens it didn't seem like the rules she had outlined were actually enforceable. If no two groups of adventurers investigated the same site, then infractions would have to be reported by the individual groups themselves. He doubted that anyone would be eager to sell out their own comrades.

He peered over his teammates shoulder to look at the map. Does anyone know what that place is?

When the subject of Leadership was brought up, Xerxes stood back and got his thoughts in order while Nyrius and Snips talked. IF we need a leader. He emphasized the 'IF'. We should first understand their role and responsibility within our group before we consider candidates. I feel that any sort of organizational decision is something that we should discuss and attempt to come to a consensus on, given our differing backgrounds and goals. What a leader would be useful for is any situation were we cannot afford to take the time to build a consensus, which would most likely be combat. Given those responsibilities, we aren't looking for a leader. We are looking for a Field Commander.

He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts once again. He wanted to be as diplomatic as possible, in order to avoid hurting anyones' feelings. He had spent considerable time studying the history of the Empire, and why its various leaders succeeded or failed. Although he hadn't spent much time with Snips, Xerxes didn't think she was suited to be a leader. She could be abrasive when interacting with people. Being young in of itself didn't disqualify someone from being a leader, but she hadn't demonstrated sufficient virtues in other areas to make up for it. Nyrius would have been capable of being a Field Commander. He was intelligent, and he seemed to have an understanding of the various abilities of the group. That being said, if Nyrius was interested in the role he would have spoken up. Xerxes simply didn't know enough about Ron to say anything either way.

I... am not qualified to fill that role. Xerxes voice faltered and he hesitated. Sarenrae knew that he shouldn't be trusted with anyone's life. I also cannot discount the benefits from a public relations standpoint of having a native Osirion be our nominal leader. I would therefore nominate Zhanyae to fulfill that role. Given her Experience, knowledge of the denizens that we will likely face, and her relations with the Church of Pharasma, I feel that she is the rational choice.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-20, 11:32 PM
Ron wonders about what he should do in this situation. He wasn't interested in taking the role of leadership and for the most part, he believed that anyone that wanted to jump on the role was fine. Thinking that Xerxes probably had better judgment on the selection of a leader, he decided to support his choice. "I agree with Xerxes. Zhanyae also gets my vote."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-21, 06:28 AM
The high elf, having taught himself Osirian decades prior, still understands maybe one word in three of Snips' brief foray into the old tongue. His eyes convey his mood: from excitement to brief disappointment, and to determination. "Something about a pale desert? I confess the word order baffles me slightly, although I would appreciate a proper lesson or two when we have the time. It would aid greatly in my upcoming publication."

On the subject of leadership, the conversation seems to have borne some fruit. Despite understanding Xerxes' perspective - and anticipating the disagreement even as the words pass his lips - Nyrius nonetheless bristles slightly at having his argument misconstrued. His lips purse, and his expression hardens. "Good Xerxes, I was not denigrating the efficacy of our ability to fight as a unit, nor was I suggesting Snips for the role of a commander in the field. While we may yet require somebody who understands all of our strengths and is able to coordinate our efforts in battle, I was in fact referring to a leader on paper, somebody who will help to represent the Scribes of the Ashen Crown to the local authorities. They would speak for us and sign off on our missions after we authorize them to do so. Let us put aside our decision for field commander until we have actually had a battle, so that candidates may prove their merit."

"Now, as to your nomination of Zhanyae, I can see your clerical biases at work. I mean no offence to the bird, but while the Pharasmin clergy organized this lottery - and the High Priestess has taken a personal involvement - we must not forget that it was at the behest of a secular monarch. The Ruby Prince still rules Osirion, and we would all do well to remember that fact. As someone invested in not only our survival, but our success, I would rather the Scribes stood out by not pandering to religious authority." As he finishes speaking, Nyrius looks to Snips herself, to see what she makes of all this. All his words are for naught if she truly does not want to serve the group in the role he has outlined.

Now, Nyrius doesn't really understand Ancient Osiriani, but I figured given his intellect, I could roll Linguistics to see how much he understands. I went for a sort of broken, incomplete translation at best, but I can edit my post if that's not kosher with you, Miry.

Linguistics: [roll0]

Oh, and as for the leader discussion? Nyrius will probably go for the 'field commander' spot himself, and it should be fairly obvious to the party that he's nominating Snips for a largely figurehead role. You guys don't even need Sense Motive for that one. I just wanted to have Nyrius sort of unconsciously pick up on Snips' royal blood - plus, he really respects that she knows Ancient Osiriani.

Hazuki
2017-07-21, 07:25 AM
Snips isn't particularly invested in being nominated the leader until Zhanyae is suggested as such. She waits for Nyrius to finish disagreeing before speaking. "Her? While she was learning how to," She thinks of something Clerics do. "Rub oil on bodies, I was hunting crocodiles. While she was helping Pharasma people steal homes from real Osirians, I was saving them from being swallowed by the sands. And she uses foreign weapons." She adjusts the strap of her own falchion, which is definitely Osirian, because she killed an Osirian guard to get it!

Jakku taps its claws on the ground on a rhythm.

Bale Fire
2017-07-21, 09:17 AM
Zhanyae was rather surprised to hear both Xerxes and Roy nominate her for party leader. She had experience in these matters, that much was obvious, but she had never thought of herself as someone who could inspire loyalty or direct others in battle. The tengu had always imagined herself in a more advisory role.

Still, she couldn't help but glare at 'Snips' rather discourteous remarks. She was really beginning to dislike that girl.

"I think I understand what Nyrius is saying." Zhanyae said, acknowledging the scholar's words. "I believe that the girl would be an acceptable representative, as long as she does not overstep her boundaries and commit the group to anything without first consulting us."

Turning towards the others, she then tilted her head to the side. "I also agree that it is too soon for us to decide who will lead us into battle, if we even need such a person in the first place. We all understand our own strengths and weaknesses. Simply communicate your tactics and call out for assistance if you need it. Everything else will flow from there."

That was all the cleric had to say. And while the others continued the conversation, Zhanyae couldn't help but ponder the things that 'Snips' had said. First all that nonsense about speaking Ancient Osiriani, and now something about the clergy of Pharasma stealing people's homes. The girl was clearly delusional. Zhanyae would have to have a serious talk with Xerxes, Roy, and Nyrius later on, and make sure that they all kept a close eye on the little spitfire.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-21, 03:05 PM
Xerxes felt himself beginning to get frustrated with this discussion. Given the damage that had been dealt to group cohesion, particularly between Zhenyae and Snips, this whole discussion had been counterproductive. He narrowed his eyes when Nyrius made the 'bird' quip towards Zhenyae, but she didn't seem offended by the comment, so he dropped the matter. They would soon be facing unknown dangers in the Necropolis, and now wasn't the time to hash everything out. His goal now was to steer the discussion towards some form of resolution. He didn't know if he could pull that off.

Fortunately, he wasn't alone. He closed his eyes, and he felt the Strength of Sarenrae come upon him. He stepped forward to address the group.

Nyrius, a 'proper leader' and a 'leader on paper' are two entirely different concepts. Your earlier choice of words did not make your intentions clear. Now that we all know the scope of our discussion, this matter can be resolved. Snips is the only one who has expressed interest in the position, and therefore it appears to default to her. However, I do not expect that our group will need a figurehead,
nor that the person who fulfills that role will have need to exercise their responsibilities.

He turned to address Nyrius. You say that we need someone to sign off on missions? Talk to the local authorities?
That seems like a moot point to me. My understanding of the matter is that once we finish exploring the three sites that the Church of Pharasma have allocated for us, our group will no longer have a reason to stick together, and we will all go our separate ways. Unless you have some proposal you wish to table?

He paused for a moment. That seemed to be the end of the matter. That being said, some of the stuff Snips had said had gotten under his skin. The concept of leadership was something that he had thought a lot about personally. After all, for the majority of his life he had been told that he was worthy of being a leader simply by virtue of his own birth. Because Tradition had said so. Learning that was not the case had been a harsh lesson.

He turned to look at the younger woman and folded his arms. When he spoke his voice had a colder edge to it. Regardless of what tradition says, neither a mastery of obscure languages, nor practicing a particular fighting style make a person qualified for true leadership. He had been slightly bemused by Snips claim that the Falchion was an Osirion weapon. He had been told that the Osirions had been using axes, odd 'sickle-swords', and the like before they were annexed by the Empire. An even temper and respect for ones peers do. If this a discussion that you wish to continue, then it is something we can do in the future.

Hey, Xerxes doesn't know the Adventure Path has 5 more modules :smalltongue:

As for the weapon bit, I've just gone off the assumption that Qadira = Persia/Ottoman Empire and Old Osirion = Old Kingdom Ancient Egypt. Even if that's not canon, its likely Propaganda that Xerxes would have been told.

Also throwing my log into the fire for the 'Snips is the descendant of the Pharaohs' sub-arc.

Hazuki
2017-07-21, 03:36 PM
Snips smiles up at Xerxes as he turns to her. "I'll respect Zhanyae when she stops wearing that symbol. Until then, all I'm gonna do is try to make sure she lives. If that stops being what I'm doing, then you can start giving me warnings, okay?" It's not like she couldn't go and take a walk until it's time to start delving into the tomb, but Bemekh would probably be disappointed with that.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-21, 04:42 PM
"Very well," Nyrius replies to Xerxes, "I will concede that my terminology was not precise enough for a cogent discussion. Perhaps I should be more plain and explicit in my future propositions, as it would better serve a mutual understanding. I am also happy to hear your acquiescence to Snips' self-nomination. And as far as any missions beyond our mandate, I have learned that it pays to be prepared for as many scenarios as logically possible. Like the rest of us here, you have read and signed the contract I drew up: how could you possibly think otherwise?"

When Snips continues her tirade against Zhenyae, the elf can only look on in visible discomfort. He certainly did not intend for things to get personal, or so heated. Then again, perhaps I ought to have accounted for that. It's the Elder Society all over again. Still, he does not disparage her for it. The rest of the Scribes are young by his standards, but she seems especially so; she will need to learn her place in the world. Thankfully, Nethys rewards the patient, and some part of Nyrius hopes that Snips will emerge from Wati's necropolis with a bit more of that knowledge.

Miry
2017-07-21, 08:16 PM
After this discusion, the Scribes decide to get on their way to the west gate of the necropolis. After waiting nearly an hour, a delegation of priest and holy warrior arrive to open the gate. After a quick blessing, the guard open the gate, and the adventurers enter the necropolis, some with excitement, others with a more careful approach. As the Scribes of the Ashen Crown pass the gate, they see more closely these holy warrior of Pharasma, named the Voices of the Spire, and the Wati's guard with them.

You notice that while the Voices of the Spire seem a lot more trained and equiped than the normal city guards, they are at most 25 of them present here. Not nearly enough to patrol and keep the order in the necropolis.

The city guards of Wati seem nervous and affraid of the necropolis.

http://i.imgur.com/PUfGTPh.png

The walk to the first site goes without problems. The group arrive in a cemetery, and discover that their first site of exploration is a mausoleum. Reading the name of the individual interred here and the date of his death( Akhentepi, 2416 -2488), Nyrius conclude that this tomb predate the Plague of Madness that destroy the city. The scribes found a way to open the small mausoleum, and discover that it expend underground. They fight various insect on their way, and thank to Ron, avoid numerous traps.

They finaly found his burial chamber, where his sarcophagus rest. But alas, it was trapped, and while Ron saw the contraption, they found no way to reach the sarcophagus without activating the trap, wich flood the room and reveal that the sarcophagus was a fake, enchanted to defend himself against intruders. They manage to destroy the animated object, and the flooding stop with his defeat. After that they found the real sarcophagus, and the treasure it contained.

-------------------------------

The second day, the group decided to go back early. They arrived before their second site, to find the estate of a minor noble family. Zhanyae make quick work of the haunts and the numerous undeads present inside. In the inner courtyard, the group found that a giant centipede, about 20 feet long. Snips manage to calm it and to make it leave.

Inside, the group is assault by a a few outsider, and more undead, but Xerxes made quick work of them and the group manage to fight their way throught and explore all the house and the family crypt, wich they learn belong to a nobleman named Pentheru.

-------------------------------

The Scribes of the Ashen Crown came back late the second night to the Tooth & Hookah, after seeling their finding and buying new equipement. They enter the inn to find in nearly full with other adventurers groups that explored the necropolis. They sit down at the only empty table.

( And so the real adventure begin now )

Hazuki
2017-07-21, 08:34 PM
When they get to their place, Snips happily steps over the back of her chair, slips into it, and props her feet up on the table. She points a finger upwards, following which red lights skitter along her finger, forming a ball in the air. The lights turn into water, which slowly pours into her waiting maw. She lets out a satisfied sigh once she's finished that drink, and places down a bowl of scorpion feed for Jakku.

"Today was a good day." Snips concludes with a smile. It grows slightly less prominent as her eyes flicker to the other groups in the tavern, mourning their lost comrades.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-22, 11:44 AM
Despite the absurdity of going to a bar and just ordering water, Xerxes stuck with his habit. He sat on one of the cushions, and nursed his drink with a pensive air. To be quite honest, I am disappointed. He admitted. I was asked by the Church of Sarenrae to find evidence of Sarenrae worship among the early Osirions, and so far I've found nothing. Even though Xerxes couldn't read modern Osirion, let alone the older dialects, he was well versed in the symbols and iconography of Sarenrae. Still, the Dawnflower has seen fit to watch over us,
and I will drink to that. He finished his glass. Moving heavy pieces of metal equipment around all day was thirsty work.

He looked at the different members of the group thoughtfully. It seems our time together will soon be coming to an end. Once we finish our business in the Necropolis, what are you all planning to do? I have one last errand I would like to resolve He thought of the urn wrapped among his belongings. Then I'm planning to travel to Sothis, either to secure passage home or to see if Sarenrae has other plans for me.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-22, 02:22 PM
"Everything has been quite exciting to be honest. I don't know why but I am not really sure about my plans for the future. I want to see more." Ron replies as he takes out his guitar. "It kind of reminds me to this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFHHb_Fp4sk) I heard once....." Ron begins playing his guitar as he sings.

"...For your tranquility deep within
guide into your soul
find your place
then you´ll find your way..."

Perform (string)
[roll0]

3SecondCultist
2017-07-22, 03:01 PM
Nyrius smiles at the soft lilting of Ron's music, a sensation doubly enjoyed by the taste of the Tooth & Hookah's warm palm wine. If the last few excursions into Wati's Necropolis have proven anything to the elf, it is that his preparations have by and large paid off. He takes a moment to ponder Xerxes' question in light of their success.

"As some of you may have witnessed, I have in our travels uncovered several pertinent findings for my manuscript. I have enjoyed some prosperity on this expedition - perhaps once our business is concluded, I will take a small sojourn in order to actually get some writing done." Nyrius thinks for a moment back to the inner tombs, and the archaeological findings that will hopefully fuel his research for the months and years to come. In that instant, his thoughts turn unbidden towards home, to Nex and Quantium. I haven't thought of that place as home in some time; why do I yet yearn for it? He is not quite sure.

Shaking himself out of his reverie, the spellcaster looks over at the Sarenite warrior. "Perhaps I could accompany you to the capital? I have contacts there whom I wish to visit, and the road would be better travelled with a prior companion than having to make the acquaintance of another ragtag band of strangers."

Bale Fire
2017-07-23, 05:14 AM
Sitting down next to the others, Zhanyae visibly sagged into the cushioned chair. The last two days had taken a heavy toll on her body. She had expected a few traps and a couple of undead, but nothing like what they had encountered. A room that threatened to drown them all as it filled with water, a giant centipede that looked as though it could have swallowed them whole, she had never expected such extreme resistance.

Still, the tengu could not deny that she had taken some grim satisfaction in her work. The Lady of Graves had always taught her clergy to destroy undead, considering them a terrible insult to the cycle of life and death. Zhanyae had brought low more than a few shambling corpses down in those crypts, but such a victory had left her feeling strangely... hollow.

"I must confess that I feel as Xerxes does." Zhanyae said, clasping her holy symbol. "For weeks I was certain that I had some grand part to play in the exploration of these tombs. I was convinced that Pharasma had shown me this path, that I was meant to cleanse the Necropolis of this undead scourge." Pausing for a moment, the cleric took a sip from her glass of water before continuing. "But looking around at all these other adventurers, I wonder if my presence was really needed here at all."

Zhanyae then shakes her head and smiles. "However, I am glad that most of you are finding some merit in this. I still believe that my goddess was responsible for our meeting four days ago. Perhaps Pharasma has a different fate waiting for me, and I just cannot see it yet."

Looking around the table, she drags a single talon across the wood. "If tomorrow does not recommend a course of action to me, perhaps I could take further leave from the temple, and travel for a while. I would not be opposed to accompanying any of you, if you have further business in these lands."

Hazuki
2017-07-23, 07:11 AM
Snips manages to resist curling her lip at Zhanyae's mention of Pharasma, an effort of will that will no doubt be lauded through the ages. She focuses on Ron's music until the Tengu has finished talking, then takes her boots off of the table and leans forward. "I don't think you should go to Sothis." She casually informs Nyrius and Xerxes. "The guards aren't good there. I could take you through the Sahure Wastes to Totra, easy. And you'll get a better view of the Pillars of the Sun."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-23, 11:38 AM
Xerxes looked puzzled at Snips comment. What's wrong with Sothis? Nothing about the local law enforcement struck me as being particularly noteworthy when I past through there on my way to Wati.

Xerxes nods towards Nyrius and Zhenyae. Very well. I was planning to wait for a boat to travel along the River Sphinx to Sothis. Travelling together sounds like a good plan. Nyrius, if your business is urgent, you may wish to travel ahead on your own. I would expect that I would need a day to wrap up my last errand. He paused for a moment. He had been thinking about what would be the best way to put Ishbal's remains to rest, and the answer was right in front of him. Zhenyae, once our meeting is concluded, could I talk with you afterwards? There is something that I would appreciate your assistance with. I don't want to discuss the matter now, I don't want to lose focus the night before our last expedition. Xerxes gripped his glass tightly as he said so. Those who would be familiar with reading body language would recognize that he wasn't feeling comfortable.

In a blatant attempt to change the subject, he turned over to face Ron while he was still playing his guitar and said. So Ron, where exactly are you from? You don't strike me as a native Osirion.

Hazuki
2017-07-23, 12:25 PM
"One of them tried to kill me." Snips shrugs. "I don't go there any more. I normally take people I save to Totra or Tephu instead."

Miry
2017-07-23, 12:35 PM
Before Ron could answer, someone open the door of the inn quite vigorously.

"...those stupid pharasmian understand nothing! They do not see the importance of this temple, and what it could mean to us!"

The woman who slam open the door stop talking when she realise a lot of people are looking at her. She decide to ignore them with a look of disdain and continue to walk in, followed by 3 other adventurers.

They walk to the bar order something.

You notice that 3 of the 4 person that just entered are wearing the double colored face of Nethys on necklace

You notice that while the 3 others that walk in look obviously Osirian, the angry woman is clearly from Taldor

Hazuki
2017-07-23, 12:47 PM
"I'm going for a moment." Snips tells the other Scribes, as she gets to her feet. Jakku knows to stay behind, and she slinks over to the newly-arrived angry people. If followers of Pharasma are up to something, especially something involving the Necropolis, she wants to know about it. She approaches the woman who was yelling, "Hello. I'm Snips." She dusts off her cloak. "How are you?"

Miry
2017-07-23, 05:24 PM
The woman give Snips a haughty look.

"Not good if you need to know. Those priests and their ridiculous lottery....it make me furious!"

She take a big gulp of wine and look back at the young woman.

"Why do you care?"

3SecondCultist
2017-07-23, 05:42 PM
Nyrius, seeing the telltale sign of his two-faced god, makes a contemplative sound, but does little else. According to the most recent census data, Nethys is after all the most commonly worshipped deity in Garund. It's hardly a coincidence that other adventuring parties should bear his symbol. In fact, it's not even the first group he's seen at the lottery with some sort of devotion to the All-Seeing Eye.

"I wonder what they're on about..." he mutters, and frowns slightly as Snips goes over to chat loudly with the gang. His curiosity gets the better of his manners, however, and soon his elven hearing is dedicated to listening to the ensuing conversation.

Hazuki
2017-07-23, 05:49 PM
"Those priests annoy me, too." Snips watches the woman down the wine, then goes back to her eyes. "People I find like to talk at me about things, sometimes, so, you could talk to me about it? Or I could talk to you, but I think you need a listener more."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-23, 09:08 PM
Xerxes was shocked when Snips revealed that she had been in a fight to the death with the Sothis guard. I'm sorry, Wha- Before he could finish his sentence, the new arrivals to the bar made their presence known.

He sat back and watched when Snips approached the Taldoran woman, presumably their leader. In response to Nyrius's query, Xerxes muttered in a low voice so that only the table's occupants could hear. Indulging the infamous Taldoran temper no doubt. To say that Qadira and Taldor were rivals would be a massive understatement. Its history of purging followers of Sarenrae did not improve Xerxes's views of the country.The Breaker of Empires, Creator of numerous Failed Nations, or in the case of Cheliax, it drove them to literally Go To Hell.

Was this simply a loud and obnoxious group of adventurers? Or was there something else going on? Xerxes closed his eyes and listened for the voice of Sarenrae to guide him.

Xerxes will use Detect Evil on the Taldoran Woman and her three comrades. And anyone else who happens to be within the 30ft cone.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-23, 09:52 PM
Ron decided to take the chance to stand up and try to hear closer by continue playing while moving from table to table. He could then try to hear what was going on more clearly without seemingly eavesdropping them. Maybe, even make a quick coin while doing.

Bale Fire
2017-07-24, 12:47 AM
"Of course." Zhanyae said, responding to Xerxes' request for further discussion. She had wanted to talk to him about a matter of religion anyway.

But before that could happen, a new group entered the tavern, led by a woman that couldn't seem to take two breaths without insulting the Church of Pharasma. Personally Zhanyae thought that the rules and conditions set out by High Priestess Sebti had been more than fair. The fact that the clergy had opened up the Necropolis at all was already a great concession to Ruby Prince Khemet III.

She would have stood up and given the woman a piece of her mind, but 'Snips' was already over there talking to them, seemingly glad to have an audience. The tengu tapped her talons on the table, an obvious sign of her agitation. Zhanyae did not want to go over there and start a fight, but if this group continued to talk in such a disrespectful way, she might not be able to control herself.

Miry
2017-07-24, 11:47 AM
"Velriana, maybe you should not..."

The man beside her try to calm her down, but she continue, totally ignoring him.

"My group and i, the Scorched Hand, are fateful servant of Nethys. We came to Wati in hope to explore one of the ancient sacred site of the All-Seeing Eye, but the pharasmian have refused request for specific site. Instead we got a ancient brothel and an uninteresting pottery store."

She pause and take a deep breath.

"And you, Snips, did you and your group saw interesting things? Did you find anything about the great Nethys, by any chance?"

You detect no evil aura in the inn.

You will earn a total of 8 silver piece when you will have walk past all the tables and the bar.

(Anyone who try to listen to Velriana and Snips conversation can understand them quite easily for now, as Velriana talk loudly due to her furious temper)

Hazuki
2017-07-24, 11:58 AM
Snips considers the question for a moment, then shakes her head. "We visited a mausoleum and an old estate, which had a giant centipede, which I liked. But I don't think either of them were related to Nethys. Tomorrow's site might be, but I don't know for sure. One of my group keeps the maps, and he might know more?"

Miry
2017-07-24, 12:03 PM
"If he have information about what we are seeking, then yes. But if it's only to meet another follower of Nethys, i am not really interrested. Our time might be better spend resting and preparing for tomorrow."

She do nothing to hide the her haughty and condescending tone.

Hazuki
2017-07-24, 12:19 PM
"I was thinking that, if we find something related to Nethys in our next site, we could trade it with you." Snips pauses. "And if we plan it now, it'll make things easier if we do." She smiles.

Miry
2017-07-24, 12:55 PM
Velriana think for a few seconds than answer.

"I'll tell you what. I heard some marchants talk about an auction that will be held in the evening 2 days from now. For adventurer like us to sell the treasures we found. We can meet right here, in the afternoon before the auction, and if you have anything that is of interrest to me, i'll buy it from you for a price you will not found anywhere else."

Hazuki
2017-07-24, 01:10 PM
"That sounds good. I will let my group know. We're the Scribes of the Ashen Crown, if you need to look for us. Have a nice night and you're very pretty. Bye!" Snips says, then skulks back to their table and raps lightly on it. "I just made friends with The Scorched Hand, learned about an auction, and got a deal if we find anything Nethys-y." She announces to the group. "This civilized stuff is easier than I thought!"

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-24, 09:07 PM
Sensing no particular malice on the group. Xerxes shifted his focus back to his own table. Not evil, just unpleasant. He had no further reason to care about the strangers or their interests.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-25, 05:50 PM
Ron was curious about the whole situation. He wondered about the deal. Could it there be a special reason behind them looking for stuff from Nethys? At least, he was able to collect some coins thanks to his efforts playing in the bar. Every bit of coin helped and could be of use later down the line.

Miry
2017-07-25, 08:34 PM
The Scribes of the Ashen Crown take a few more drink while talking before calling it a night and heading to bed for a well deserved night of rest. ( It's the last time you drink/eat/have a room in a inn for free :smallwink:)

They wake up early, eager to visit their third and last site in the Necropolis. They head for the west gate, where the priests of pharasma give them their next destination.

http://i.imgur.com/PUfGTPh.png

( i gave you the map with the 3 site already on it during the opening lottery, but that's because i'm lazy and didnt want to do one with only one site and a second with the others. sorry :smallcool:)

The priests give their blessings to the group, and they enter the dead city, walking toward their next goal. The sun beats down on the lonely, silent streets of the necropolis. Dust and sand now cover the once-bustling streets, and buildings that were once homes and shops are gradually disintegrating into rubble after centuries of neglect. Scattered throughout the ruins is the occasional palm tree or shrub, kept alive by the broken remnants of a long-abandoned irrigation system. Having navigate the Necropolis a few time already, the group estimate to have a 30 minute walk to their destination.

( i'll let you says if you take a specific formation or do specific action during this travel time. And you can RP again a bit if you wish :smallamused:)

Hazuki
2017-07-25, 08:38 PM
Snips strides through the streets with her longspear to help brace her, and Jakku skittering beside her. Far from the relatively easy attitude of the inn the night before, she's ready to face the day and stab the things that look at her mean. Jakku is just happy to be part of the adventure. Both of them keep an eye out for any dangers as they go to their third site.

Snips: [roll0]
Jakku: [roll1]

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-25, 11:41 PM
That morning Xerxes rose with the Dawn, as was proper. For him the Sun was more then a source of heat and light, it was the symbol of all that was best in the world. He raised his arms to the side in Praise of the Sun as he ended his morning prayers.

As the group traveled towards its destination, he nodded approvingly. We've been lucky so far, but complacency has been the death of many a soldier. We need to stay vigilant. He took up position at the head of the Vanguard. He left his flowing travelling robe back at the inn, and Xerxes's breastplate gleamed in the light of the desert sun. An acolyte of Sarenrae had no need to hide. His very presence was intended to be a challenge to any potential enemies.

Perception: [roll0]

Bale Fire
2017-07-26, 09:59 AM
Wearing the black robes that were customary for clerics of Pharasma, Zhanyae travels slightly behind Xerxes and 'Snips', allowing them to lead the way. She walks without fear or worry, her weapons still fastened to her belt.

"Bah! I doubt we have much fear while out on the streets." The tengu says, waving her hand dismissively "There are only two possible threats, the other treasure hunters and the denizens of these tombs. Both would have to be incredibly foolish to attack us in broad daylight."

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-26, 10:30 AM
"We have already done a lot as a team, I am sure we can handle the situation." Ron replied as he travelled as close to the center of the group as possible. He preferred that position since it allowed him to adapt to whatever they could face. Flatnote was flying just besides him.

Miry
2017-07-26, 06:35 PM
The group walked for about 20 minute before arriving near a well in a small plaza.

From the corner of their eyes, Xerxes and Zhanyae spot some humains hiding in the nearby ruin, bow pointed toward the group.

Zhanyae: (1d20+3)[19]
Ron: (1d20+2)[19]
Snips: (1d20+2)[15]
Xerxes: (1d20+1)[14]
Nyrius: (1d20+6)[9]
-- Thugs: (1d20+5)[6]

--- Surprise round (Only Zhanyae, Xerxes and the thugs can act this round)

You arrive from the North East and are heading to the South West
The buildings depicted on the map are 15 feet high (such as where Thug 1 and 2 are). Squares containing rubble are considered difficult terrain.
http://i.imgur.com/BmZxbAE.png?1

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-26, 07:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juv5sfc-HrQ

AMBUSH! Xerxes bellowed as he caught a glimpse of figures hiding among the ruins. He felt his legs tremble as fear began to wear away at his resolve. He knew intellectually that no one among the group had demonstrated particular aptitude for fighting at range. If they ran, they would just be shot in the back. The best they had was to engage them in melee.

Xerxes bellowed as he charged foward. Cowards! come taste Kele****e steel! He kept his shield out in front of him as he ran to block any incoming arrows. Once he closed the gap on his target he brought his scimitar up in an overhead motion.

Xerxes Artash (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1265987)
M LG Human (Kele****e) Paladin, Level 3, Init 1, HP 28/28, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Scimitar +1 +7 (1d6+4, 18-20/x2)
Two handed Greatsword +6 (2d6+4, 19-20/x2)
+3 Composite Longbow +4 (1d8+3, x3)
Breastplate, Shield (heavy wood) (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Condition None

Xerxes will move 30 feet south and attack baddie 5.

Power Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Bale Fire
2017-07-26, 09:46 PM
As Zhanyae sees the men armed with bows and arrows, she stops. Just a few minutes ago she had said that anyone who attacked them in the Necropolis was a fool, and right now the tengu saw little reason to alter that assessment. Did these people really think they could get away with this? Assaulting them out in the open, in broad daylight?

Still, she did not want to spill blood over some misunderstanding. This was already going to be a long day. No need to tire herself out unnecessarily.

Scanning the buildings, Zhanyae Chakk tried to identify their would-be attackers. Were they another team of treasure hunters? Were they members of the Wati City Guard? Were they perhaps even members of the Voices of the Spire? It would be particularly embarrassing to be fighting fellow servants of Pharasma.

And as she looks around, the cleric calls out. "I don't know about you young men, but back in my day we didn't point weapons at someone unless we were planning on using them. Please lower your bows, and come out and talk with us. Let there be no more violence in this place, where the Plague of Madness once tore apart the city."

But while she hopes for a peaceful resolution, Zhanyae does not count on it. She slowly takes her light crossbow off of her belt, keeping the weapon pointed at the ground as she takes a 5-foot step back.

Zhanyae Chakk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1263579)
Female Neutral Good Tengu Cleric, Level 3, Init 3, HP 23/23, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
Shortsword +5 (1d6+1, 19-20/x2)
Morning Star +3 (1d8+1, x2)
Light Crossbow (30) +5 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Mithril Shirt, Buckler (+4 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 13
Condition None

Perception (to identify their attackers) [roll0]

Zhanyae will use a Move Action to draw her light crossbow, and then take a 5-Foot Step to the South East, putting her back to the wall.

Miry
2017-07-27, 12:22 PM
They look like a band of mercenary, who know how to handle an ambush. The are osirian, probably from Wati or near there. They are equiped for battle, but not really for exploration.

Ignoring the words of wisom from the Tengu, the ambusher start to shoot at the group with their bow. One of the thug on the roof throw a net at Xerxes, while the other do nothing, observing the group for now.

Thug 3: 5ft step south
Thug 4: 5ft step east
Thug 5: 5ft step southwest

Thug 5: shoot Xerxes
[roll0], [roll1]
Thug 6: shoot Xerxes
[roll2], [roll3]

Thug 3: shoot Zhanyae
[roll4], [roll5]

Thug 4: shoot Snips
[roll6], [roll7]

Thug 2: throw a net at Xerxes
Touch attack [roll8]

You are entengled.

An entangled creature takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls and a –4 penalty on Dexterity, can move at only half speed, and cannot charge or run. If the entangled creature attempts to cast a spell, it must make a concentration check with a DC of 15 + the spell’s level or be unable to cast the spell.

An entangled creature can escape with a DC 20 Escape Artist check (a full-round action). The net has 5 hit points and can be burst with a DC 25 Strength check (also a full-round action).

(Start of round 1)

Hazuki
2017-07-27, 12:50 PM
Snips sways out of the way of the arrow shot at her, then slinks straight in Xerxes' footsteps as he charges South. She drops her longspear as she goes, drawing her Falchion instead and attempting to cut through the net holding him.

Jakku darts just beside Snips as she moves, then skitters around Xerxes to get at the Southwest-most mercenary

Swift Action to change Jakku's Vermin Focus to Beetle, giving it +2 natural armor, for 20 total AC.

Move action to follow Xerxes South, which should put her two down and one left of where she is. She draws her Falchion along the way.

Standard Action to attack the net, with Furious Focus Power Attack, why not: [roll0]

SlashingDamage: [roll1]

~

Jakku takes a Move Action to the square just Northeast of 5.

Standard Action attack with Stinger. [roll2]

Piercing Damage: [roll3]

Merc must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or take 1 Strength Damage every round, for six rounds. Cure is making one save.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-27, 04:25 PM
The stroll through the Necropolis has not lost its luster. Ever since the gates first opened a few days ago, Nyrius has marvelled at the ancient architecture and the various implications he's drawn from his resulting notes and sketches. He has at least a dozen full pages now, all from structures and finds that date back to before the Plague of Madness and the Kele****e satrapy. He's been quietly humming along an old even tune, his head buried in his papyrus as he often does when there are other watchers about. So intense has been his excitement, he has let his caution and common sense leave him.

It's a sobering reality, then, when the Scribes are attacked by none other than common bandits with bows in the shadows of the ancient pillars. Perhaps the Necropolis has lost its luster after all. "Have you no shame?!" The elf cries as their assailants launch arrows in the direction of his current adventuring companions. "This is a holy place, and you defile it by coming here to shed the blood of the living! You ignore even the warnings of a Pharasmin cleric, by whose grace these doors have been opened after millennia!" While he is not entirely sold on the god of death, at least Zhenyae - and the rest of their colourful group, in fact - puts her faith in something other than brute force. Except perhaps for Snips, but that girl is another matter entirely.

When the net falls on Xerxes, Nyrius is about to act when he sees Snips herself move to cut it. Deeming the matter close at hand, the spellcaster moves on to his next priority: self-preservation. He has some offensive spells in his arsenal for certain, but given how spread out the enemy seems to be and the unfavourable terrain, protecting himself while he gauges where to best apply his force seems more efficient. So, with a flick of his wrist, Nyrius pulls out a plain looking wand and activates the enchantment on it, providing himself with a ward.

Nyrius is going to use his swift action to activate his wrist sheath, then use his standard action to cast mage armor on himself. As far as movement goes, he will probably stick with the center of the group for now, or as close as possible, so move him as needed Miry.

My plan is to hit one or two of them with a magic missile, but I want to wait to see people land some hits first so that there's a better chance that they do anything and I know who to target. I would have cast grease, but right now it's not effective given how spread out everyone is.

If anyone wants an Augment (+2 Str or Dex) or an enlarge person, let me know. That can also be arranged for future rounds.
Nyrius Shael-Khefer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1265916)
Male Neutral Good Elf Wizard (Spellbinder), Level 3, Init 6, HP 20/20, DR -, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
Masterwork Light Crossbow +4 (1d8, 19-20x2)
Abilities Str 10 (11), Dex 14, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 12, Cha 8
Condition Mage Armor (+4 AC, 1 hour)
School Abilities Augment (7/7)
Spells 0th level -- detect magic, mage hand, message, read magic
1st level -- grease (1), magic missile (1), silent image (1), windy escape (1)
2nd level -- mirror image (1), pyrotechnics (1), levitate (1)

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-27, 06:01 PM
Xerxes cursed as the net fell about his form. He knew that blindly struggling would only cause him to further trap himself. He stood his ground and tried to brace his shield as best he could. Unfortunately the net wrapped his shield arm against his chest, and it created an opening for the archer to hit him in the gut. He started to panic as he felt his warm blood running down the front of his body.

It took Xerxes every inch of self discipline he had to keep himself still as he watched the waif charge his position with her weapon drawn high. She cut the net from his form with one deft notion. He nodded gratefully in her direction in her direction, before he took off after their assailants.

Movement: Xerxes will move to engage Baddie 5. If possible, he will try to use the ruins to act as cover between himself and the other baddies.

Power Attack: [roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

M LG Human (Kele****e) Paladin, Level 3, Init 1, HP 21/28, Speed 20
AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Breastplate, Shield (heavy wood) (+6 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
Condition None

Miry
2017-07-27, 06:24 PM
Snips cut the net, freeing Xerxes.

Jakku miss his attack.

Xerxes crit! But the thug still stand.

http://i.imgur.com/IVCz3ld.png?1

(Waiting on Ron and Zhanyae before the thugs can act)

Bale Fire
2017-07-27, 11:14 PM
A single arrow penetrated Zhanyae's arm, staining her once black vestments with crimson. But while the wound was painful, it was not enough to stop her. Taking careful aim, the tengu loosed a crossbow bolt at the one that had dared to harm her, the foolish man hiding in the ruins opposite her.

She did not wait to see if her retailation had been fatal. Turning around, she moved up and into the building behind her. Zhanyae had seen a net being thrown from up above, so at least one of them was in there. She had not come here to kill others, but it seemed they had little choice.

Better to smite their foes swiftly, and hope for forgiveness from the church later.

"I will clear this structure." She shouted from within the ruins of the building. "If you are badly wounded, take cover and call out to me, and I will come to you as soon as I can."

Zhanyae will use her Standard Action to fire her light crossbow, targeting Enemy 3.

Attack 1d20+5
Damage 1d8

Zhanyae will then use her Move Action to move 5 feet up, 10 feet to the right, and then 15 feet down, with her now standing inside the lower level of the ruins with enemy 2.

Female Neutral Good Tengu Cleric, Level 3, Init 3, HP 19/23, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 13, Flat-footed 15, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 6, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 2
Light Crossbow (30) +5 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Condition None

Bale Fire
2017-07-27, 11:21 PM
Somehow I screwed up my dice rolls, so here's my second attempt.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-27, 11:39 PM
Ron decides that considering the situation, the best course of action was to increase the capabilities of his companions in combat. He grabs his guitar and begins playing a song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXS_zk80EOE) to inspire his companions in battle. "Try to remain within my range." He suggests to his companions. He then begins his movement towards his companions.

I am going to use my standard action to initiate a bardic performance (Inspire Courage). It should give my allies a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

I will use my move action to move closer to the rest of the group. I really don't mind where as long as it lets him assist the rest with his music. :smallwink:

Miry
2017-07-28, 12:59 PM
Zhanyae miss her shot.

Ron move next to the well, 2 square above Snips so he have soft cover against most of the thugs on the left.

The thug continue their assault on the Scribes. 2 of them shoot their bow, while one join the melee with Xerxes. The one on the eastern roof climb down, and the other one throw a tanglefootbag on Zhanyae.

Thug 1: climb down the building and drawing in khopesh
Climb: [roll0], end up one square to the right.

Thug 2: 5ft step East, throw a tanglefoot bag on Zhanyae, than draw his kopesh
Touch attack [roll1], if hit reflex save DC15: [roll2]

Thug 3: 5ft step down, shoot Nyrius
[roll3], [roll4]

Thug 4: draw is Khopesh and charge Xerxes, end up one square NW of Xerxes
[roll5], [roll6]

Thug 5: 5ft step East, draw is khopesh and attack Xerxes (flanking with thug 4)
[roll7], [roll8]

Thug 6: shoot Snips
[roll9], [roll10]

(Start of round 2)

Hazuki
2017-07-28, 01:35 PM
Snips lets out a hiss as the arrow pierces her arm. She sinks low and slinks over to the foe that charged Xerxes, moving slowly so she has time to break off the feathered end of the arrow so it doesn't interrupt her movements. Then, she brings her falchion about in a harsh sweeping motion.

Move, 2 squares down.

Furious Focus Power Attack vs 4: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Jakku rears its tail back, stabbing it at the mercenary's heart even as its claws aim for his arms.

Full Attack!

Claw #1: [roll2] + 1 (Inspire Courage)
Damage: [roll3] + Grab + 1 (Inspire Courage)

Claw #2: [roll4] + 1 (Inspire Courage)
Damage: [roll5] + Grab + 1 (Inspire Courage)

Sting: [roll6] + 1 (Inspire Courage)
Damage: [roll7] + 1 (Inspire Courage) + Poison (Merc must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or take 1 Strength Damage every round, for six rounds. Cure is making one save._

3SecondCultist
2017-07-28, 04:31 PM
Despite his best efforts to the contrary, an arrow finds its way between Nyrius' ribs. Although he tries to hold it back, a soft cry of pain escapes his lips, cutting off his tirade before he can begin it anew. His keen elven eyes surveying the battlefield before him, he spots the noble Xerxes and the fearsome Jakku engaged in close quarters with a ruffian who simply refuses to submit despite his injuries. The idea of vengeance is tempting, but the needs of the group must come the needs of the one.

Sparing the man who shot him a steely glance as though to say 'I'm not done with you', Nyrius raises his arm. He expected to use this particular incantation against more otherworldly foes - or supernatural at the very least - and the idea of wasting it like this irks him greatly. Then again, he's in rather a lot of pain, and it's making it hard to think. So, focusing on the target before him, the mage releases the spell. A pair of nearly invisible bolts of force explode from his fingertips, curving unerringly around the nearby rubble to slam into two bandits' chests.

That done, the wizard scurries to find a better position, one less likely to result in him being perforated by hostile foreign objects. Screwing the cap off of his leather case, the transmuter finds what he was looking for. He smiles slowly.

Nyrius is going to fire off a magic missile this round, which will deal [roll0] damage to Thug 5 and [roll1] damage to Thug 2, since they're close enough together for the spell to hit both of them.

That done, Nyrius is going to take a 5 ft step to the north-west into some cover and spend his move action opening up his scroll case and retrieving a scroll or enlarge person.
Male Neutral Good Elf Wizard (Spellbinder), Level 3, Init 6, HP 10/20, DR -, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
1st level -- grease (1), magic missile (0), silent image (1), windy escape (1)

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-28, 04:40 PM
Xerxes growled as the thug's curved weapon slipped under his breastplate. Trusting his companions to finish off the weakened foe, he stepped to the side to place Snips between him and the other thug that charged him. The groups backline was still being attacked. They had to put an end to this fight as quickly as possible. He stowed his shield and used both of his hands to grip his scimitar. Sarenrae, preserve us! He cried, as brought the weapon down in a powerful overhead blow.

Swift Action: Lay on Hands on self [roll0]
Movement Action: stow shield
5 foot step so that Snips and Xerxes are flanking.

Two handed Scimitar Power Attack (with flanking + Ron's Singing)
attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]

Statblock Round 2:
M LG Human (Kele****e) Paladin, Level 3, Init 1, HP 15/28, Speed 20
AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Breastplate, Shield (heavy wood) (+6 Armor, +1 Dex)
Condition None

Miry
2017-07-28, 05:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oSORPKr.png?1

(Waiting on Zhanyae and Ron to continue with the thugs turn)

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-28, 08:15 PM
Ron decided to keep playing. There was not much point in engaging in combat since it seemed like his companions had everything under control. "Well, this will be over pretty soon." Ron replies to Flatnote as he decided to keep himself with the team.

Going to keep the bardic performance (Inspire Courage) going. I will stay with the group.

Bale Fire
2017-07-28, 09:38 PM
With a startled squawk, Zhanyae Chakk just narrowly avoided the bag of sludge that the enemy had lobbed down at her. Seeing that the man on top of the building had now swapped out his bow for a khopesh, the tengu ultimately decided that it would do her no good to engage him in close quarters, not when he had the high ground and was so obviously aware of her presence.

Taking a couple of steps back –being very careful not to stand in the puddle of resin left behind by the tanglefoot bag– Zhanyae reloaded her crossbow, and once again fired upon the enemy.

Zhanyae will take a 5 foot step to the North East. She will then use her Move Action to reload her light crossbow, and then use her Standard Action to fire at Enemy 2.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Female Neutral Good Tengu Cleric, Level 3, Init 3, HP 23/23, Speed 30
Light Crossbow (28) +5 (1d8, 19-20/x2)
Condition None

Miry
2017-07-29, 06:06 AM
Snips and Jakku miss their attacks.

Nyrius kill thug 5 and hurt thug 2

Xerxes hit and hurt badly thug 4

Ron keep playing, +1 to hit & +1 domage for his allies

Zhanyae hit (with the +1) thug 2 with her crossbow

The two thugs to the west see Ron alone decide to take care of the music man. They move in to attack with their khopsh, flanking him. The one hurt by Zhanyae decide to take his chance jumping down where his friends are attacking Ron. The thug in melee with Xerxes and snips start to flee seeing his chance to win drasticly diminished. The archer to the south shoot at Snips.

Thug 1 (full life): Moving SE-SE-E-E-NE and attacking Ron: [roll0], [roll1]

Thug 2 (took 11 dmg): Moving N-N and jumping NW, acrobatic DC 15 to ignore the first 10ft of the drop: [roll2], if he fail he take [roll3] and fall prone

Thug 3 (full life): Moving E-E-SE-E-E, attacking Ron with flanking bonus: [roll4], [roll5], crit not confirmed.

Thug 4 (took 15 dmg):Withdraw action, NW-NW-N-N-N-N

Thug 5: dead

Thug 6 (full live):shoot at Snips: [roll6][roll7]

http://i.imgur.com/14w4dwR.png?1

(Start of round 3)

Hazuki
2017-07-29, 09:28 AM
Snips tightens her grip on her falchion as another arrow soars towards her, thankfully only cutting her skin as it passes by this time. "Zhanyae!" She yells out to the Cleric. She learned in the first expedition that not accepting the Tengu's healing would be stupid. She and Jakku charge together towards the fleeing enemy.

Move to the square Southwest of 4.

Furious Focus Power Attack: [roll0]

Move to square South of 4.

Sting Attack vs 1: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Plus Poison: Merc must make a DC 12 Fortitude save or take 1 Strength Damage every round, for six rounds. Cure is making one save.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-29, 12:07 PM
Seeing the one enemy fall to his attack is satisfying, but in seconds the thugs have responded in kind, closing in on Ron and encroaching on Nyrius' own position. His scroll is already in hand, but suddenly a new idea avails itself to the elven wizard. Sometimes, one must be willing to adapt to new tactics to accommodate for a changing battlefield. He can only hope that his new spell slows down the bandits before they can close into melee range.

Pulling the second scroll from the case, Nyrius focuses on the earth at the feet at two of their assailants. They stand too close together - their mistake. Suddenly, the earth slickens with a quasi-aqueous coating, intent on impeding balance and mobility. He locks eyes with Snips first, and then Xerxes behind, indicating that they should move in to take advantage of the terrain.

Move action to pull out the scroll of grease from the case, then standard to cast it. The two bandits need to make DC 15 Reflex saves or fall prone.
Male Neutral Good Elf Wizard (Spellbinder), Level 3, Init 6, HP 10/20, DR -, Speed 30 ft
AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 13, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 1
1st level -- grease (1), magic missile (0), silent image (1), windy escape (1)

Miry
2017-07-29, 12:27 PM
Thug 1: [roll0]
Thug 2: [roll1]

Both bandit before Nyrius fall on the groud, incapable to keep their balance.

Jakku hit his target, and the thug fall on the ground, unconcious.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-29, 12:49 PM
As Nyrius's spell causes the thugs to lose their footing, Xerxes strides forward to take advantage of the situation. Ron! Get behind me. He kept his weapon low to the ground, and aimed for the enemy's sword arm. As two of the thugs had fallen, he attempted to shout over the din of battle. Surrender! This does not need to be a fight to the death!

Movement: N, N, NW,NE to avoid AoO.
Standard: Two handed power attack on Bandit 1. (with bardic inspiration)

Attack roll: [roll0]

AC 17, Touch 11, Flat-footed 16, CMD 17, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 5, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 3
Condition None

Miry
2017-07-29, 04:59 PM
Snips still in pain, miss her foe, but Jakku arrive just after her and sting the man in the stomach. He collapse to the ground.

Xerxes hit ferociously the man on the ground, cutting deep in the man arm.

Snips miss.

Jakku put thug 4 KO

Nyrius cast grease on thug 1 and 2, they both fall prone

Xerxes hit thug 1
Thug 1: prone, took 14 dmg
Thug 2: prone, took 11 dmg
Thug 3: no dmg
Thug 4: bleeding out
Thug 5: bleeding out
Thug 6: no dmg
http://i.imgur.com/Q1uKwhs.png?1

Bale Fire
2017-07-29, 06:29 PM
Standing amongst the ruins, Zhanyae lowered her crossbow. The enemy had fled, disappearing back up onto the rooftop. She could not see the man anymore, but the tengu could hear the sounds of battle out on the street, the clashing of steel and cries of pain somehow even louder than before. More importantly, she could hear someone calling out for her. 'Snips' must be in real danger if she was relying on her for assistance.

Zhanyae dropped her light crossbow, unsheathed her short sword, and hurried back out onto the dusty street. She arrived to a rather chaotic scene. With her weapon raised, she ran towards the man closest to her. He turned to face her, but suddenly fell down as the ground beneath him became overrun with a slippery substance. Standing over him with her weapon raised, her gave him one last chance to surrender.

"Stay right where you are, or this will not end well for you."

Zhanyae will drop her light crossbow as a Free Action, use her Standard Action to draw her short sword, and then use her Move Action to go NW, N, W, W. This should leave her next to Enemy 2.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-29, 07:25 PM
As Nyrius's spell causes the thugs to lose their footing, Xerxes strides forward to take advantage of the situation. Ron! Get behind me. He kept his weapon low to the ground, and aimed for the enemy's sword arm. As two of the thugs had fallen, he attempted to shout over the din of battle. Surrender! This does not need to be a fight to the death!

Movement: N, N, NW,NE to avoid AoO.
Standard: Two handed power attack on Bandit 1. (with bardic inspiration)

Attack roll: [roll0]

Condition None

Ron takes the chance and runs as instructed by Xerxes while keeping up the music. He had taken a good amount of damage and wasn't going to let it rack up. "Thanks, I am coming."

Moving behind Xerxes while keeping the performance. going

Miry
2017-07-29, 08:03 PM
" Please don't kill me! I surrender!" say the thug under Zhanyae's blade. He drop his khopesh.

The one who Xerxes just slash say nothing, but let go of his weapon too.

Seeing the battle is nearly lost, the 2 bandits still standing try to run away. The far away bandit jump down the building and run toward the west, and as he was far away from the Scribes, get away without problem (you lost sight of him behind the building, but you can try to chase after him if you want).

The other one try his chance running past Nyrius, as he is not armed. He run as fast as he can toward the North East

Thug 3: Double move action toward the North East. As Nyris as no melee weapon in hand, he does not threaten any square so cannot do AoO.

Thug 6: Double move action down the stairs and behind the building toward the West.

http://i.imgur.com/NRbHKnv.png?1

(Start of round 4, or end of combat? You decide)

Bale Fire
2017-07-29, 08:45 PM
If Zhanyae had possessed teeth, she would have bared them. These men had brought violence to the streets of the Necropolis, and now they sought to escape justice? She would not allow it.

"Someone watch these two young men, please." The tengu said. Without waiting for the others' acknowledgement, she charged after the fleeing enemy, sword still in her hand.

Reaching the man, the old crow attacked with all her strength, trying to strike him down while his back was turned.

Zhanyae will do a Full Round Action to charge at Enemy 3.

Attack [roll0](includes +2 from Charge)
Damage [roll1]

Miry
2017-07-29, 08:56 PM
Zhanyae short sword hit the armor of the thug, but does not manage to hurt him.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-29, 08:56 PM
Gods damnit! Xerxes cursed as Zhenyae abandoned the group to chase after the other thug. He knew that he couldn't leave the two thugs on the ground unguarded. He kicked their weapons away, being careful to avoid the residual grease. He brandished his scimitar as he spoke. I'll keep an eye on these two. He still felt the rush of adrenaline in his veins as he realized that he still had more to do. In the moment of crisis, he turned to the one person in the group he could implicitly trust the most. Ron. Stop the other two bandits from bleeding out. Please, in the name of Sarenrae. If they died, they wouldn't have a chance to atone for their sins.

I'm not considering Xerxes to be in combat anymore (not that he could do much in a foot race)
He's just going to focus on making sure the two healthy prisoners don't try anything.

Hazuki
2017-07-29, 09:19 PM
Snips narrowed her eyes as Zhenyae made the decision to offer surrender, then immediately abandoned the consequences of it. She'd have preferred to end it now, but that's not an option. With the knowledge that Ron is coming over to stabilize the bleeding mercenary at her feet, she gets to work tying him up in silk rope, while Jakku joins Xerxes beside the conscious prisoners.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-29, 09:26 PM
"Alright. Lets begin this." he then turns around and tells to the two thugs "Don't try anything.". He stops playing his guitar and starts casting a spell. He considers healing the one closest to him first.

Casting cure light wounds on one of the thugs as instructed by Xerxes. He will do the same for the other thug if everything goes smoothly.

3SecondCultist
2017-07-29, 09:32 PM
Nyrius half walks, half staggers out from behind the stone where he was hiding for the majority of the engagement when he sees unambiguous signs of surrender from their foes. With his free hand, he holds the ragged parts of his robes that still bear the bright red mark of injury. "Well fought, everyone. We should endeavour to - " He does not have time to finish his sentence, however, as the Pharasmin crow charges off after hapless prey. "... heal ourselves," he finishes lamely, watching as the group's best chance of magical replenishment heads into danger.

Sighing softly to himself, the elf avails himself to the others gathered in their group, ignoring the men on the ground for now. "When you have the chance, Master Shiri, would you perhaps be able to cure me of some of my injuries as well? A few of our new friends here were quite thorough in their attempts to skewer me. We have enough captives here to interrogate them without splitting our number chasing a few stragglers." Now that these thugs have proven that they are willing to violate the sanctity of the Necropolis, it is more prudent than ever that the Scribes stay together, should another ambush scenario occur.

Miry
2017-07-30, 12:17 PM
The thug continu to run and turn a corner into a small allay.

Double move, you lose sight of him.

The other thugs do not resist.

Hazuki
2017-07-30, 12:40 PM
Once the thug at her feet is tied up, Snips passes her rope to Ron. "Tie 'em up, start with the live ones. I'll get these ones to stop bleeding." She gives a kick to the shin of the one Jakku had just pierced, to demonstrate which one. Then, she starts to tend to their wound, using their clothes as bandaging.

Giving rope to Ron, then taking 10 for 17 to Stabilize the two bleeders.

Bale Fire
2017-07-30, 07:07 PM
Zhanyae was beginning to run out of breath. She had expected the man to turn and fight, but all he did was keep running. She wouldn't be able to keep up with him if things continued like this.

The tengu pursued her fleeing foe, following him to the entrance of the alleyway. Turning around the corner, she stopped and looked ahead, to see if she could still see the man.

Zhanyae will use a single Move Action to follow Enemy 3, stopping right outside of the alleyway.

Miry
2017-07-30, 07:37 PM
Zhanyae turn the corner of the alley expecting the thug to ambush her here, but she see him far away, still running.

Run action, 30ft x4 (120 ft) in a straight line

Bale Fire
2017-07-30, 08:49 PM
Watching as the man fled, Zhanyae Chakk went to follow him, but then stopped herself. "This is foolish." She suddenly realised, speaking the words out loud.

She was chasing an enemy that was just as fast as she was. She was in a part of the city that could easily contain more ambushers or even traps. And even if she caught up to the man, she was not certain that she could defeat him in a one-on-one fight.

Yes. She would not allow her need for retribution to blind her to reason. Her time would be much better spent securing the enemies they had taken prisoner, and alerting the Wati Guard to the presence of these criminals.

Sheathing her short sword and taking a moment to smooth out her grey feathers, the tengu began walking back towards the group. She could see the others were already tying up two of the attackers, and treating the injuries of the others. Noticing that several members of their expedition were also wounded, Zhanyae returned with a bowed head. She would have to be more attentive to the health and well-being of her allies in the future.

"I apologise. Pursing that man proved to be a rather senseless course of action." The cleric of Pharasma said as she reached them. Placing a hand upon her holy symbol, she looked around. "Once we have secured these men, gather around me and I shall mend our wounds." Casting a sideways glance at the nearest of their would-be attackers, she then added. "We should probably do it a short distance away from these lawbreakers, unless we wish to heal them as well?" The last part was phrased as a question.

Hazuki
2017-07-30, 08:54 PM
Snips shakes her head at Zhanyae's comment. "The pain ought to stop them from trying again." She says, finishing up her stabilizing before she moves near Zhanyae for healing. Just before the tengu does it, she yanks the rest of arrow through her arm.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-30, 09:11 PM
Xerxes kept his weapon out the whole time. He wasn't menacing any of their prisoners with it, but he wasn't letting his guard done either. He was visibly relieved to see Zhenyae return. They committed a blasphemy against your God. If the situation was reversed, I can't say with confidence that I wouldn't have done the same thing.

When the topic of healing their prisoners came up, Xerxes shook his head at Snips comment.
We're better then them. He said firmly. In an attempt to appeal to Snip's more pragmatic nature he added besides, I don't want to have to carry anyone out of here. as he looked at the two unconscious bandits.

Xerxes was still puzzled over the nature of the attack. I think they were after us specifically. If they were targeting any of the adventurers, it would have made more sense to stage an attack while their potential victims were returning to Wati. There would have been more loot to steal, and the adventurers would have been exhausted from fighting the monsters in the Necropolis. He didn't appear to be angry now that the fight was resolved, he was more tired then anything else. He looked at the two conscious bandits calmly and said. Would you care to explain yourselves?Cooperating with us is in your best interest at this point.

Diplomacy check on bandits: [roll0]

Hazuki
2017-07-30, 09:15 PM
"Killing them would solve both problems." Snips grumbles. She doesn't expect that point to actually work, but it will at least make the prisoners more willing to talk if they know the girl with the giant scorpion doesn't plan to be merciful. But, once the investigation is over, they're definitely getting looted.

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-31, 01:44 AM
Ron works on capturing the prisoners. He tried to be careful to make a good work. He wondered what could they be after and decided to listen carefully to the answers they would give to his teammates´questions.

Miry
2017-07-31, 05:14 AM
The thugs decide to talk, to try to save their life.

"We were paid to ambush people here, there was nothing personnal against any of you i swear. Please don't kill us!"

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-31, 12:25 PM
Xerxes maintained his stoic poise. Hired? By whom? What did they promise you in return?

Miry
2017-07-31, 04:18 PM
The thug calm down, seeing he might make it out alive if he cooperate.

"Another group of adventurer paid us to stop anyone from approaching some old temple down the road. I don't know their name, but the leader was a woman, a foreigner from north of the Inner Sea. But this is not worth giving my life for."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-31, 04:27 PM
"The Daughters of the Desert," Nyrius concludes immediately, remembering the name of the group from the opening lottery only days before. He has been quiet ever since the others returned and he's been healed; he is deep in thought, and only the identity of the group that hired these bandits shakes him from his reverie.

"But why would Firehair even bother?", the elf mutters aloud. "They had to estimate that anyone willing to brave the Necropolis would be powerful enough to withstand attacks from a few lowly thugs. And one can only presume that the reason behind this is to get a bigger share of treasure from our site. Betting on us to lose was foolish and shortsighted of the Daughters. If we keep a few of these men alive and bring them to the authorities, we can surely have them disbarred from the lottery. From a risk to reward scenario, it is highly illogical." Shaking his head in disappointed disbelief, Nyrius waits to see what the others think.

Hazuki
2017-07-31, 04:31 PM
Snips decides to start looking over the prisoners for any good loot, while they're being interrogated. She stows her longspear before she does so.

I'll just go ahead and take 20, for 29.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-31, 05:13 PM
Xerxes frowned. Nyrius's theory didn't satisfy him. Sigrun isn't the only foreign woman among the adventurers. What color was this woman's hair? How tall was she? Was she built like a warrior or like a scholar? Describe her companions to me. Xerxes will continue pressing the thugs for more details.

Miry
2017-07-31, 05:15 PM
4x khopesh masterwork
4x composite (+2) longbow masterwork
4x chainshirt
2 potion
1x tanglefoot bag
1x net
23x arrow
56 gold

The thug seem puzzled by the paladin question.

"Her...hair? Dark. Brown i think, but maybe black. Kinda hard to see under her ridiculously large hat. She was dress like a noble, not a warrior. She was with 2 man and an woman. All tree Osirian."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-31, 08:33 PM
Xerxes sighed once the truth of the matter became clear to him. Its not the Daughters of the Desert. Its that band of Nethys worshippers, the Scorched Hand. He took his mailed hand and rubbed it against his forehead. They were the ones complaining about the Pharismans not allowing the adventurers to choose what sites they wanted to go to. He sighed. How do we want to play this out? We have no idea where the Scorched Hand are going. Should we return to Wati proper and report this incident to the temple? He looked at Zhenyae. Whose custody should we hand these people over to? The civil authorities or the Temple of Pharasma, since this happened in the Necropolis?

Hazuki
2017-07-31, 08:40 PM
Snips looks up as The Scorched Hand is mentioned, currently with two bows slung over one of her shoulders and a pair of khopesh on her belt. "They're the ones I made friends with last night." She says, as Jakku delicately uses its claws to remove the khopesh from besides the conscious prisoners. "And we don't have to go back. What if we light an arrow on fire and shoot it into the air? That's bound to get...whoever looks after here to come over."

3SecondCultist
2017-07-31, 09:07 PM
"Ah yes." The two words drip with utter disdain, as Nyrius shakes his head for the second time. "I would say that I could not have considered worshippers of Nethys to be capable of such treachery, but then again one does not know all the mysteries of the Two-Faced God. Still, their objections with the Pharasmin decree does not explain why they bothered to send scum after us. No offense intended." He looks down at the bound man at his feet.

When Snips brings up the idea of shooting a signal flare, the mage's eyebrows knit together in a frown. "We also risk alerting the Scorched Hand's attention. No, I believe my suggestion of turning them in to be the right one. The Pharasmins might have questions for them, but ultimately I believe they should be handed over to face Wati's justice."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-31, 09:10 PM
It only took us twenty minutes to get here from the entrance. Xerxes pointed out.

Hazuki
2017-07-31, 09:20 PM
"What's wrong with alerting The Scorched Hand?" Snips asks, as she accepts the khopesh from Jakku, who goes back to get the last two bows and arrows. "These guys only attacked us 'cause they didn't know it was me."

Bale Fire
2017-07-31, 10:09 PM
After the group had successfully bound and treated the injuries of all their prisoners, Zhanyae helped move them so that they were all together. Seeing that Xerxes had completed his interrogation –at least for the moment– she channelled the power of her goddess, offering a small prayer to the Lady of Graves as she did so.

As a wave of positive energy flowed over all of them, Zhanyae turned to Xerxes. "The Voices of the Spire are responsible for the Necropolis, working under the direction of the Church of Pharasma. We saw a few of them near the entrance, I think we should turn these men over to them for judgement."

Hearing 'Snips' plan to shoot a flaming arrow up as a distress signal, the tengu shook her head. "I do not think that is a good idea. As Nyrius said, it could alert our enemies, and truth be told I'm not sure we could expect much of a response. From what I have seen and heard, the guards simply do not have the numbers to police all of the Necropolis. I think it would be much easier for us to go to them, than for them to come to us."

Zhanyae will channel positive energy, using it heal herself, the other members of the team, and their captives.

Channel Positive Energy [roll0] (5/6 uses left)

Bale Fire
2017-07-31, 10:25 PM
Seeing that some of her allies still had cuts and bruises, Zhanyae once again channelled the power of her goddess.

Zhanyae will once again channel positive energy, using it to heal everyone.

Channel Positive Energy[roll0]

DaOldeWolf
2017-07-31, 10:51 PM
"Thanks for the healing, Zhanyae. I appreciate the effort." Ron replies wanting to let her know he appreciated it. "I agree about turning them over to the proper authorities. There is a jurisdiction for a reason. And I don't think it would be a good idea to leave them unsupervised, since their companions can still return and free them."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-07-31, 11:29 PM
Xerxes was surprised by Snips statement. As far as he could tell Snips didn't have any close family or friends (with the exception of her pet). He didn't expect her to be naive about this matter. I don't think the Scorched Hand are your friends. he said gently. Their leader struck me as a rather self absorbed person.

As Zhenyae's magical healing washed over him, he tested his healed shoulder by rotating a few times. Finding it to his satisfaction, he nodded graciously. My thanks to you and Pharasma

Seeing that the majority of the Scribes were in favor of escorting their prisoners back to Wati, Xerxes didn't address the matter further. There is one last thing I would like to do. He kept his appearance as stoic as possible, but on the inside he was in turmoil. Xerxes had a duty to his Goddess to enable redemption wherever it was possible. Afterall, if it were not for the grace of Sarenrae, Xerxes wouldn't have been shown a better path.

He knelt down beside the bandits and spoke gently. Why do you hurt other people?
Why do you try to profit from the misfortune of others?

Miry
2017-08-01, 07:18 AM
"For survival."

The man answer with a solid and calm tone.

"Only by the look of your band, i think none of you would understand. Except maybe this one."

He point to Snips with a movement of his head. Then, he quiet down, and won't answer to any more question.

(Not that i want to cut the RP, but we have been on this post-encounter for 2 days, so let's keep moving foward ;) )

Hazuki
2017-08-01, 07:42 AM
Snips narrows her eyes at Xerxes' comment, but decides to let it drop for the moment. Instead, she gets Jakku to cut off the clothing on the upper torsos of their prisoners until their chain shirts are revealed, which she removes, along with the potions she saw, the tanglefoot bag, and 46 of their gold pieces.

"There. No weapons, no armor, but enough gold to buy food and rest until they figure out something else." She announces to the group. "We can sell it or give it away or whatever you wanna do after we've handed them in."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-01, 06:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Ug0kEn2g8

Xerxes paused for a moment, once again trying to take the time to think his thoughts through. The man sounded defensive to him. Xerxes had witness many people making an honest living during his travel through Osirion on his way to Wati. The argument that their only way to make a living was through violence simply wasn't logical. There were all healthy adult men, and could certainly seek gainful employment elsewhere. But he knew he couldn't voice these thoughts out loud. If he attempted to respond using logic, then they would simply dismiss him as being a rich foreigner. He would have to instead appeal to their emotions.

The souls of these men were on the line. Xerxes inhaled deeply before he spoke again. You're wrong. He dropped the mask of the confident persona that he normally projected. His voice sounded dead and listless. I know what it is like to hurt other people for your own selfish needs. I promise you this: no matter what you think you can gain by exploiting others, no matter what earthly pleasures you can acquire, it is a hollow and bitter life. That will only end in tragedy. His voice picked up again, and a heated passion returned to his voice. Hell Exists. I have been there. It is more terrible then you can possibly imagine.

When Xerxes had been resurrected so many years ago, he had nightmares of some dark realm of unending torment. There was no way for him to know for certain that those were figments of memories from his time spent dead, but he had his suspicions. He knew that his actions prior to his death would never have earned him a place in the Heavens.

I was given a chance to redeem myself and to walk the path of the Righteous.
It was the best thing that ever happened to me. He reached out a mailed hand to rest it on the bandit's shoulder. He tried to project Compassion with every inch of his being. No matter what happens to you, search for your own redemption. Consider your actions. Think about those you have harmed. Seek out a minister and cleanse your soul.

At this point Xerxes had gotten himself too worked up by the subject matter at hand. He stood up and before waiting to see if anyone acknowledge his words, he walked away into the ruins.

I apologize for the delay, but this was a scene I really wanted to do. Besides, Xerxes a paladin of Sarenrae, it would be out of character for him not to say anything.

Diplomacy Check for the impromptu sermon if the GM desires it.

[roll0]

Bale Fire
2017-08-01, 09:14 PM
Zhanyae watched as Xerxes walked away. She knew that followers of Sarenrae placed great value on the redemption of others, but that little speech had seemed... personal. The tengu wondered just what exactly the paladin had experienced to form such beliefs.

Their captives now seemed a little uncertain, but Zhanyae paid little mind to them. With the prisoners confiscated of their gear, and their hands bound rope, the Scribes of the Ashen Crown had little to fear from these men now. Retrieving her crossbow, Zhanyae loaded a bolt and then pointed the weapon in the direction of the Necropolis gateway. "Come along now. You've surrendered, and if you remain compliant I'll be sure that the Church of Pharasma knows of it." She then walked around behind them, and raised her crossbow threateningly. "But if you try to flee or resist, I will not hesitate to teach you all some manners. You have already brought violence to this holy place once, do not tempt fate a second time."

As they began to move along, Zhanyae turned to the team's bard. "Ron, I have a question for you. Would it be possible for you to send your familiar to watch the tomb we were assigned today? I admit I know little of such bonds between men and beasts, but I am concerned that the Scorched Hand might ransack the tomb and leave before the five of us even get there."

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-02, 12:06 AM
Ron thinks about it and waits for Flatnote to answer himself. "No longer than a mile. Not going to happen!" Flatnote mentions instinctively giving its opinion to Ron.

"I suppose that makes sense. We have a limitation of one mile for our link. And I don't expect Flatnote to do much but it could at least keep a look. He is a bit nervous about going by itself." Ron explained in more detail.

3SecondCultist
2017-08-02, 06:24 AM
Once the fate of the bandits seems to have been decided, Nyrius pays less attention to the interrogation, instead pondering what it means to have to deal with the Scorcged Hand. Despite his exclamation earlier, the idea that they might be interfering in a mission dedicated to Nethys is somewhat disturbing. He's no zealot - never has been - but only a fool would openly disrespect a deity. Turning these men over to the Osirian courts seems like the appropriate move, but what to do about the people who sent them?

The scholar-adventurer is shaken out of his reverie when he hears Xerxes' claim about having been to Hell. That is certainly not a thing one hears every day. At first, Nyrius is skeptical of the veracity of Xerxes' words, but as he watches the rest of the man's display, he is fairly convinced of the truth of it. A dozen questions come unbidden to his mind, most of them inappropriate. Nyrius prepares them anyway, but then the paladin is gone among the ruins. Clearly a personal matter, then. Best not to interfere.

"Please," the elf says to Xerxes when he's caught up with him, his curiosity having won out over his manners, "you ought not to travel too far from the group. I know that we dealt with this rabble handily, but who knows what other dangers the Necropolis might hold? We have already seen our fair share." He pauses for a few awkward moments before speaking again. "You said that you had been to Hell. Forgive my intrusion, but do you mean to say you have died? May I ask what that was like?"

Miry
2017-08-02, 06:31 AM
The thug does not answer, but you can see your speech did affect him.

If you want to send Flatnote scout ahead, you are roughly 1 mile away from your objectif so he can't get too close but he can check the outside from a distance.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-02, 10:19 PM
That moment when you type up a full response and your browser crashes.

Xerxes was pulled away from his thoughts by the presence of Nyrius. He was embarrassed after he realized how far he had traveled from the main group, especially after most of them had told off Zhenyae for doing the same thing. His first instinct was to rebuff Nyrius for asking about stuff that Xerxes was still trying to process. However, he knew that being petulant wouldn't help him regain the confidence of the group, especially after he had unloaded his personal baggage in such an unseemly manner.

Yes he said in a matter of fact manner. I dead, and was raised from the dead. I don't have any distinct memories, I think I can occasionally recall impressions and feelings from that time. However, trying to remember them is akin to holding a fistful of sand. The harder you try to grasp it, the faster it slips away. As for your second question, I do not think you are treating the subject of Hell with the gravitas it deserves. Xerxes frowned slightly It is a Cancer at the Heart of Creation, a self-perpetuating engine which seeks the Corruption of everything Good and Holy in the world. It is not a subject of casual curiosity or research. I have no hard evidence that I ever visited Hell, but I will just say that the circumstances around my death leads me to believe that was my destination as a Petitioner. I could not answer your question regardless. You might as well have asked me to describe the sounds of the colors in the rainbow or the taste of a Qadiran Opera. Hell is not something that can be quantified, categorized or measured. The Mortal Mind is simply not equipped with the senses or faculties needed to comprehend such a place.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-02, 11:53 PM
Ron decides to take the risk. "Go ahead and check out ahead of us. But don't engage anyone. Stay safe and out of anyone´s reach." He warns Flatnote before it flies away.

Miry
2017-08-03, 01:18 PM
Flatnote return from his scouting mission after a few minute.

" Saw a big building without windows. A big dome on top. Two big statue with black and white mask flank the open entrance. No sign of life around."

The Scribes walk back to the entrance of the necropolis without problem. There they find 4 guards, 2 priest and 2 members of the Voice of the Spire.

Seeing the group coming with prisoners, the guard ready themself fot anything. Then one of the priests speak.

"what have we here?"

Hazuki
2017-08-03, 07:21 PM
"People attacked us in the Necropolis, on the way to our tomb." Snips scuffs the toe of her boots on the ground. "So we tied them up and brought them to you. You're in charge, aren't you? I hope you have chains, because I want my rope back." She scuffs her boot again, this time on the bound ankles of one of the prisoners.

Bale Fire
2017-08-04, 10:35 AM
"Yes. These men attacked us, and brought bloodshed into the Necropolis." Zhanyae confirmed, reinforcing 'Snips' words with her own. "They claim to be mercenaries, hired by one of the other tomb raiding groups. We believe this group goes by the name the Scorched Hand." Looking back at their captives, she kept a hand on her light crossbow. "We have four of the criminals are here, but two more of them escaped. I don't suppose you have seen them?"

Miry
2017-08-04, 12:52 PM
While Zhaenyae talk to the priest, the guards start to put manacles on the thugs. Wgen they are done, they untie them and give thd rope back to Snips.

" No one other than you came out of the necropolis yet today, not by hthis door anyway."

The priest pause for a moment.

"Do you have any proof for these accusation? I'm affraid noy much can be done on the words of lowly thugs. And to speak the thruth, we don't have the man power to launch a investigation like that in the necropolis. But i'll investigate, and when thd Scorched Hand will come out we will clear this up."

Hazuki
2017-08-04, 07:24 PM
"They weren't hired in the Necropolis." Snips says. "Probably weren't, if you guard it any good. So you need to find out where the deal was made, or where these were, and see if anybody saw them with The Scorched hand. It was after we went to The Tooth & Hookah last night, that's when we last saw The Scorched Hand, and they didn't seem like they'd had any plans yet." Snips says. This could be figured out in an hour if they were any good. "Can we go now?"

Miry
2017-08-04, 07:36 PM
The priest narrow his eyes while Snips is talking, not sure what to make of the girl statement.

"...i never said you could not go. If you can find proof to back these accusation, bring them back. If not, we will have to wait to question the other group. But you are free to go back in the Necropolis, i'll keep you updated next time we see each other. May the Lady of the Graves watch over your souls."

Hazuki
2017-08-04, 08:09 PM
"Wasn't asking you, corpse-hugger." Snips narrowed her eyes back at the priest.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-04, 11:26 PM
"What my friend meant is that we appreciate the efforts put into this and hopefully we will get a resolution." Ron decides to intercede. There was no point in arguing at this point and going to the planned destination was more important. "Lets go. We have plans, remember?" He tries to Snips about the importance of their task.

Miry
2017-08-05, 12:27 PM
Having handed the thugs to the autority, the Scribes of the Ashrn Crown go back into the necropolis, toward their goal. Around 30 mimute later, with no problem this time, the group reach the building assigned to them.

A large and tall building stand before them. It is windowless, and the exterior walls are carved with likenesses of the Nethys and other celestial figures. No doors block the grand entrance to this building, a wide flight of steps leads directly up into the interior. Two humanoid statues flank the stairs, wearing black-and-white masks and holding quarterstaves.

Your knowledge of architecture make you see a few things others would probably miss.

Although the building central nave is symmetrical, the rest of the structure does not conform to traditional architecture, with wings and extensions on both sides that, except for the uniformity of the stonework, appear to have been haphazard additions. A large dome over the apse tops the roof at the north end of the temple.

Hazuki
2017-08-05, 01:20 PM
Snips looks up to the top of the stairs and nocks an arrow in her bow, which she launches at the very top of the stairs. She listens out for any kind of reaction or movement.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-05, 02:55 PM
Xerxes frowned as he saw the White-and-Black masks on the statues. So, just to go over everything that his happened so far. This building has statues of Nethys. The Scorched Hand are followers of Nethys. The Scorched Hand wanted the Temple of Pharisma to give them access to a particular site. The bandits said that they were hired to keep people away from a Temple in the Necropolis. If I was a gambling man, I would put everything on this building being the place that the Scorched Hand are interested in.

He readied his scimitar, and looked around wearily. We have to assume that the Scorched Hand are still inside, and that they are willing to kill to keep their intrusion secret. This isn't going to be like the other ruins we cleared. We aren't going to be fighting monsters that will just wait for us to stumble into them, we are up against intelligent foes that will try to ambush, flank, and outmaneuver us.

Hazuki
2017-08-05, 03:09 PM
"Give talking a chance first." Snips tells Xerxes, as she shoulders her personal bow. "Assuming everything's gonna wanna kill you on sight just makes sure they will."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-05, 04:17 PM
Of course. Xerxes said while looking mortified. I will never be the one to make the first hostile move. But we have to be ready for whatever can happen.

Miry
2017-08-05, 04:57 PM
Snips's arrow fly over and hit the ground. All can here the sound of the arrow ricocheting once inside.

The stairs are 10 foot high, so you can't see the ground inside. The first room seem to be large and the ceiling are 15 feet high.

http://i.imgur.com/CZraCOc.png?1

Hazuki
2017-08-05, 05:26 PM
Snips reaches into her pack as her arrow doesn't immediately reveal anything, where she grabs a perfectly spherical stone and tosses it into the air. It pauses there, then starts to orbit her forehead and cast a bright light.

"I'll get a view from above." She tells the group, then steps onto Jakku's back for a boost as she starts to climb the nearest statue.

I figure these statues count as "Any surface with adequate handholds and footholds (natural or artifical), such as a very rough natural rock surface or a tree, or an unknotted rope, or pulling yourself up when danging by your hands", so Snips should be able to beat DC 15 by taking 10, for 17.

Miry
2017-08-05, 06:32 PM
Snips climb the statue with little trouble.

From up there, you see a couple columns.

Normal light up to the line, than dim light
http://i.imgur.com/ZdRDBl7.png?1

Hazuki
2017-08-05, 06:43 PM
"The entrance seems safe." Snips announces, then climbs down the statue and pulls out her longspear.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-06, 11:48 AM
When he hears Snips call out, Xerxes braces his shield and climbs up the steps.

Move 1 right 3 Up

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-06, 03:49 PM
Ron grabs his sword and starts walking forward. "We could use some light." He casts his dancing lights spell and places the lights in front of the group.

Moving up 30 feet and casting dancing lights.

Miry
2017-08-06, 06:27 PM
Ron walk foward and illuminate the dark room. The magical lights reveal two rows of columns leading toward an archway in the north wall. Two smaller passages open to the east and west.

For the sake of simplicity i'll show you the whole room now that you have some dancing lights floating around.

http://i.imgur.com/uBHBFwF.png?1

(Ron notice this now, the 3 others will notice once they walk in the room.)

You notice that the building appears to be in remarkably good condition for its age, especially compared to the other structures in the necropolis.

Bale Fire
2017-08-06, 10:07 PM
As the team approached the building, Zhanyae raised a hand to her holy symbol. With a short prayer to Pharasma, the tengu casted the spell known as Deathwatch, so that she might more easily monitor the vitality of her allies and enemies.

Drawing her short sword and checking the straps on her buckler, Zhanyae moved forward, standing just a little bit behind Ron. Hearing the words of Xerxes and 'Snips', she couldn't help but think on the many dangers they would soon face within these empty halls. The paladin was correct, today they would be battling a team of experienced adventurers, people who could think, plan, and reason. If the five of them continued into this building, they would undoubtedly be crossing blades with the Scorched Hand.

For a single moment Zhanyae Chakk hesitated. Clearing out a few monsters and undead was one thing, but actively seeking out conflict with fellow denizens of the city? It was not at all what she had envisioned when first joining the Scribes of the Ashen Crown.

But then the cleric thought of Velriana. She thought of how the woman had ranted and raved against the rulings of the church. She thought of how the follower of Nethys had behaved like a child, surrounded by dozens of other adventurers at the tavern. She thought of how the leader of the Scorched Hand had hired mercenaries with the express purpose of capturing or killing others who might interfere in her work.

And just like that Zhanyae's doubts dissipated. There could only be one possible response to such despicable actions.

"I disagree." The tengu said to Xerxes and 'Snips' as they advanced into the building. "Remember that this woman was more than willing to exchange money for blood, even when offered an alternative solution to her goal." She said, referring to 'Snips' offer to bring them any treasure they found. "If we happen to see our adversaries, I will not hesitate to strike first."

Zhanyae will cast the First Level Spell: Deathwatch (http://http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/deathwatch).

After drawing her weapon, Zhanyae will move forward 20 feet, standing directly behind Ron, looking around for signs of their foes.

Hazuki
2017-08-06, 10:37 PM
"So you see a wrong and your first instinct is to kill to fix it?" Snips asks, as she skulks towards the front of the group with longspear in hand. "That's what Velriana's gotta be thinking, about the corpse-huggers and their stupid lottery. Barely any of us care about Nethys, or even the treasures here, so who cares if they take all the Nethys stuff? They can have my share for all I care."

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-08, 09:50 AM
"I agree Zhanyae. These people really seem dangerous. I doubt they will not do the same upon seeing us anyway." Ron adds as he keeps walking forward carefully.

Bale Fire
2017-08-08, 09:57 AM
Acknowledging Ron's support with a grateful nod, Zhanyae then gave 'Snips' a long hard glare. Her repeated use of the word "corpse-hugger" was becoming very irritating very quickly.

"If Velriana chooses to surrender, then I will certainly not harm her." The tengu replied. "But all of her actions so far speak of a woman who will do whatever it takes to get what she wants. I doubt she will submit until she has literally no other choice."

Choosing to power straight through the girl's remarks on the sense and purpose of the lottery, Zhanyae turned things back on 'Snips'. "I find it interesting that you continue to defend what Velriana has done here today. She ordered men to kill you. Does that not make you angry? Does that not make you hate her?"

Hazuki
2017-08-08, 10:07 AM
"She didn't send thugs to kill me. She sent them to kill who was going to their temple." Snips corrects. "If she sent them to kill me, I'd be mad. But I'm not. It's bad that she did it, and she should not to do it again, but it wasn't personal." She taps her longspear against the ground in front of her. "Besides. Those ones we just handed in were holding the blades. But we still had to go out of our way to save them, and deliver them to the lazy guards."

Miry
2017-08-08, 10:18 AM
Ron continu to advance, and stop at the archway.

The next chamber seem huge, bigger than the first. Space and elevation lend a sense of past grandeur and majesty to this large space. A large, star-shaped fountain with a circular pool in the center sits in the middle of the chamber. Two rows of columns support the ceiling overhead, which continues to rise to a domed ceiling in the northern portion of the chamber. North, on the other side of the fountain, stairs goes up a platform, but it's still too dark to see what is on top. East and west of the fountain, two sets of stone double doors exit the chamber.

http://i.imgur.com/Rni0x6F.png?1

The fountain is still full with clean water. The bottom of the pool is decorated with a great mosaic eye made from tiny colored tiles, and hieroglyphs are carved into the paving stones ringing the fountain.

The Ancient Osiriani hieroglyphs ringing the fountain identify it as the "Pool of Protection."

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-10, 01:44 AM
Ron wonders why there could be a fountain in this part of the pyramid. Maybe it was some kind of artifact. Whatever the case, he decided to see if he could find anything.

Casting detect magic on fountain.

Bale Fire
2017-08-10, 06:00 AM
Zhanyae just shook her head. "Then I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree." She said in response to 'Snips' statement. "For I cannot stand by while the Scorched Hand endangers innocent lives and brings such violence into this holy place. If I must put an end to her myself, then I will not hesitate to do so." Shaking out her feathers, the tengu began to advance further into building. "Velriana might claim to be a follower of Nethys, but all I see is a long list of blasphemies committed against the great goddess Pharasma."

Walking past the fountain that the bard was so busy inspecting, Zhanyae carefully opened up the doors on the left, still holding her short sword.

Zhanyae will advance forward into the room with the fountain, she will then open up the double door to the left, and see what she can see.

Hazuki
2017-08-10, 06:21 AM
"It's a blasphemy to the stupid priests who set this up. This didn't become a temple of Pharasma just because your friends said so, and I don't think Pharasma," Snips manages to say the name without too much venom. "Was asked whether the lottery was a good idea. Just a bunch of people who wear clothes with her symbol on." Snips says, as she climbs over to the fountain and then stands herself up on its edge. "These hieroglyphs say Pool of Protection." She announces to the group.

Miry
2017-08-11, 06:03 PM
With Zhanyae superior vision, the Tengu can see all the room while walking to the door.

North of the hall, the ceiling rises to a high dome 40 feet above the main floor, forming the primary cathedral. Three flights of short, steep steps climb up to a large platform elevated 5 feet above the floor. At the rear of this platform, a 15-foot-tall statue of Nethys, half white and half black, stands atop a raised octagonal dais. The statue is incredibly well sculpted, and unusual in that it appears to have been fabricated from two differently colored types of stone fused together with magic to create one solid statue.

Opening the door, a short hallway connects a shallow, empty pool to the west to two curtained cubicles to the east. A set of stone doors marked with hieroglyphs stands to the north.

"High Priest Only-All Others Forbidden."

The pool has a faint aura of abjuration and transmutation.

http://i.imgur.com/piIeLJ0.png?1

Hazuki
2017-08-11, 06:11 PM
Snips, seeing no alternative, takes a drink from the Pool of Protection.

Miry
2017-08-11, 06:24 PM
The water is cool and refreshing.

For 24 hour, you can cast one spell of the abjuration school at +1 caster level and with a +1 bonus to the saving throw DC. The effect lasts for 24 hours or until used.

Hazuki
2017-08-11, 07:22 PM
Snips licks her lips as a red pattern briefly crosses over her eyes, and she slinks back to the group. "You should drink the water. I think it helps with magic." She says, then pauses to look over the door. "High Priest Only-All Others Forbidden."

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-12, 12:37 AM
"I dont know. It really doesn't sound like we should be doing this especially if such a warning is to be considered." Ron debates about the situation. "Wouldn't that be disrespectful to the creators of such an object?"

Bale Fire
2017-08-12, 09:08 AM
Ignoring her allies for the moment, Zhanyae carefully advanced down the hallway, ready to stop immediately if she detected any danger. She stops for a moment to look behind the curtains, and then moves up the empty pool and looks around for anything interesting.

Hazuki
2017-08-12, 12:31 PM
"I'm going to see if anybody else passed through here." Snips announces, as she starts to cover the floor for tracks.

Taking 10 for 20, to look for any tracks in the big ol' room.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-12, 12:57 PM
Xerxes moves further into the room to cover his allies, but doesn't press on any further by himself.

Miry
2017-08-13, 02:54 PM
Zhanyae open the northern curtain and reveal a sinister display. Two corpses on the ground, one is a pile of bare bones kicked unceremoniously out of the way, and the other is a rotting, but still intact, cadaver. An old, broken scimitar lies nearby.

The bathing pool is a simple tiled affair with a drain in the floor.

You find no tracks in the main room, but notice that for an old temple inhabited for thousands of years, there is nearly no dust or sand on the ground.

If you check for tracks in the west room where Zhanyae is, you found mark of combat, and that the 2 corpse in the northern cubicle have been dragged there.

http://i.imgur.com/kFsxDEs.png?1

Hazuki
2017-08-13, 03:02 PM
Snips looks up at Zhanyae as she finishes her investigation. "The bodies were dragged here, and there was fighting." She helpfully informs the tengu. Jakku glances around cautiously.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-13, 11:11 PM
"Should we keep moving forward?" Ron decides to ask wondering if the rest were ready to keep going deeper into this place.

Bale Fire
2017-08-15, 10:23 AM
Offering a small prayer to the dead as she stepped back from the bodies, Zhanyae did not doubt that 'Snips' was correct. The bodies being hidden like this –with one of them still decomposing– raised many uncomfortable questions. Perhaps a guardian still dwelled within this temple?

Turning towards Ron and 'Snips', Zhanyae pointed in the direction of the remaining corridors to either side of the main hall. "I think we should do a quick sweep of these side rooms before we advance further." She said. Looking around cautiously, the tengu then lowered her voice. "I also think we should be careful about making too much noise from here onward. If the Scorched Hand are here, then we do not want to alert them to our presence."

Stopping for a moment to thank 'Snips' for her assistance, Zhanyae then knelt down in front of the bodies. She began to check them for any more items that might offer clues to their identity. She moved carefully, so as not to disturb the remains.

Zhanyae will roll a Perception Check to see if there is anything noteworthy about the two bodies. She will also scan them with her Deathwatch Spell to make sure that these are actually corpses, and not some form of vile undead.

[roll0]

Miry
2017-08-15, 10:50 AM
The bones are scorched and still warm to the touch, and the corpse has suffered a number of recent injuries.

They are obviously undead, and recently destroyed. A skeleton and a zombie.

Nothing of interest on them.

Hazuki
2017-08-15, 11:01 AM
Snips looks at the more heavily armored member of their group, then back at Zhanyae.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-15, 10:48 PM
Ron decides to speak up again hoping to catch the attention of his companions. "We need to do something. Are we going to move forward or not?Staying here really doesn't seem like a good idea either way."

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-17, 11:29 PM
Is there some form of magic or divination that could be used to figure out what happened? Xerxes shifts around uncomfortably. There isn't much that he can do here.

Hazuki
2017-08-19, 07:58 PM
Snips leans down to examine the bodies in greater detail.

[roll0]

Miry
2017-08-19, 08:09 PM
The bones are scorched and still warm to the touch, and the corpse has suffered a number of recent injuries.

They are obviously undead, and recently destroyed. A skeleton and a zombie.

Nothing of interest on them.

Hazuki
2017-08-19, 08:20 PM
"Burns, injuries, recent, nothing new." Snips announces to the group. "I'm gonna see what I can find." With that, she starts to walk down the hallway to the South, her spear tapping the floor in front of her and Jakku a few feet behind.

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-19, 09:03 PM
Recent? Xerxes was concerned. He was more convinced then ever that they were not alone. As Snips moved to the south, Xerxes moved to the large doors just to the west to cover them.

Bale Fire
2017-08-19, 10:50 PM
Zhanyae briefly considers using her Restore Corpse spell to find out what these people looked like back when they were alive, but ultimately decides against it. It would give them very little new information, and disturbing the bodies of the deceased just for the sake of curiosity did not seem like something like something Pharasma would condone

"Based on what 'Snips' has told us, I think that up until recently these corpses were just undead, inhabiting this temple." The tengu explains. "They were then destroyed, and their remains were dragged here to this room. I imagine the Scorched Hand was responsible for such actions."

Standing up, Zhanyae follows Snips and her pet scorpion down the hallway. "We should continue to search." She says, still speaking softly. The tengu stops for a moment to look into the room behind the curtain.

Zhanyae will move 10 feet to the left, and then 30 feet down. With her short sword still in hand, she will look through the curtain into the room at the end of the hall.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-19, 11:02 PM
Ron decides to stay with the rest and keep moving the lights. "At least, we can take advantage of the fact that they removed a couple of obstacles from our path. It could assist us when we face them." Ron replied trying to look at the bright side of the situation.

Hazuki
2017-08-20, 07:30 AM
"Why do you keep doing that?" Snips asks, looking over at Zhanyae as they head South.

Miry
2017-08-20, 05:10 PM
A series of cubicles encircle an open central space here, each separated from the common area by a curtain hanging from a rod over the doorway. Within each cubicle, a bed frame and footlocker are bolted to the floor. The curtains, bed frames, and footlockers are all dusty but in good repair. The bedding, however, has rotted away and served as nests for mice and insects over the years. The cubicle in the center of the chamber is a strangely clean privy.

http://i.imgur.com/OJv2auC.png?1

Bale Fire
2017-08-21, 03:36 AM
"Why do I keep doing what, child?" Zhanyae asks as she steps back from the red curtain. She then moves around to double check all the other cubicles, looking for more bodies or signs of bloodshed.

After a quick search of the area, the cleric then moves back into the main hall, and crosses over to the other side of the building.

After looking into each of the cubicles, Zhanyae will move 5 feet to the right, and then 10 feet down. She will then move 75 feet to the right (going around the pillars), investigating the rooms on the other side of the temple.

Hazuki
2017-08-21, 06:28 AM
"Say my name weird." Snips says, as she follows Zhanyae and keeps an eye out.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-21, 04:43 PM
Ron remains silent and decides to let them fight. Ron decides to check around to see if there is anything in the new room that triggers his detect magic. "Lets see if we can find anything."

Entering the room with the rest. Casting detect magic while checking the new room.

Miry
2017-08-21, 05:23 PM
The group travel to the east wing of the temple. They found a hallway that lead to an intersection.

To the north, an immense pool lies beneath a vaulted ceiling covered with images of celestial beings. Four columns stand beyond the pool to the northeast, each carved to represent one of the four primal elements. A door to the east lead to what look like a shrine.

The southern area of this large space contains a long stone table, two benches, and two wooden hutches. A half-wall separate this dinning room from another room, but it is still out of view.

Apart from various item carried by your group, you detect no magic fom now.

http://i.imgur.com/V38tPzh.png?1

Rofltrollcopter
2017-08-21, 09:22 PM
Xerxes moves to the south and east with his sword drawn, checking the corners of the room that were hidden from the group.

Bale Fire
2017-08-22, 09:57 AM
Zhanyae stopped and looked at 'Snips'. "I suppose I pronounce it differently because I find your use of such a nickname odd. Would it not be easier to just use your real name?"

The tengu advanced, following closely behind Xerxes. She found her eyes continually flicking back and forth between the columns and the ceiling. She would very much like to spend some time studying this area, once they had dealt with the Scorched Hand.

Hazuki
2017-08-22, 10:08 AM
"Why?" Snips ask, as Jakku trundles up beside Xerxes to help feel out the area with its tremorsense. "I like this one more. Somebody I don't know gave me that other one, for reasons I don't know. It's just a bunch of sounds to anyone else, anyway."

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-22, 11:16 AM
"I can't detect anything special with my magic. Has anyone been any lucky?" Ron asks the rest of the group.

Miry
2017-08-23, 05:16 AM
Turning the corner to the east is a kitchen with tables, cabinets, and a stove in the corner. Around a corner to the south stands a stone enclosure with a rounded top and a hatch set in the front.

http://i.imgur.com/whVSiF9.png?1

Bale Fire
2017-08-23, 09:25 AM
"I can certainly understand the need to reinvent one's identity." Zhanyae replied, thinking back to how she had spent most of her own youth scavenging and pickpocketing. "But 'Snips' seems like such a poor choice for a name. It reminds me of the ruffians on the streets who call themselves things like 'Cutter' or 'Maul' in a pathetic attempt to sound tougher. You can do better than that, I hope."

Seeing that the chamber was clear of danger, the tengu advances into the little kitchen. Noticing the stone enclosure, Zhanyae opens the hatch, sticks her beak in, and takes a long sniff.

Hazuki
2017-08-23, 10:31 AM
"I can call myself Alqasasat." Snips says, as she idly watches Zhanyae shove her beak in the hatch. "Snips sounds better if it's in another language, yeah?"

Miry
2017-08-23, 12:16 PM
Opening the door, Zhanyae find an indoor granary whose contents long ago turned to dust.

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-23, 02:35 PM
"So far, so good. I believe we are doing pretty well despite our situation." Ron thinks about the situation and wonders. "Should we keep check of the main hall? Just in case our opposition decides to leave."

Bale Fire
2017-08-24, 03:51 AM
Coughing as her beak was suddenly filled with dust, Zhanyae stepped back from the hatch. She was very tempted to say 'Yes, you should absolutely call yourself Alqasasat, anything is better than 'Snips.' But ultimately the tengu decided against it. It was not her place to make such personal decisions for another individual.

"At the end of the day, the choice is yours." Zhanyae said after a few seconds of thought. "Call yourself whatever you wish, and I will do my best to respect your decision." The cleric then paused for a moment. "Of course, there are limits. If you suddenly decided to refer to yourself only as 'Zhanyae-Chakk-is-a-complete-bird-brain' I would still be obligated to take offense."

Finding nothing of interest in the small kitchen, Zhanyae turned around and began to walk away. Hearing Ron voice his concerns, she adjusted her grip on her short sword. "I am fairly certain we would hear if the enemy decided to leave via the main hall." She said, looking around. "But perhaps you could once again ask your familiar to watch the entrance, just in case."

Zhanyae then left the room. Based on what she had seen of the building, there were only a few possible locations left for the Scorched Hand to hide. It would not be much longer now.

Zhanyae will move approximately 5 feet to the left, 20 feet up, and then 15 feet to the right, wanting to further examine the room with the shrine.

Hazuki
2017-08-24, 06:32 AM
Snips continues to stick with Zhanyae as they explore the old temple. And she's keeping Snips.

Miry
2017-08-24, 07:29 AM
A small shrine occupies a raised dais in the north of this room. Two waist-high fonts stand on either side of the altar, and a small wooden cabinet is bolted against the eastern wall. Two rows of stone benches stand to the south of the dais. A fetid odor permeates the room.

As soon as you step in, 2 person stand up in the back of the room. After a good look, these are not actual person. Rotting vestments hang across the withered flesh of these walking corpses, and their mouths hangs open in a silent scream. Their intend is clear: they must deal with the intruders in their lair.

http://i.imgur.com/xNWNa7U.png

It's a move action to jump over a bench ( moving 5 feet north to south over it or vice-versa). An acrobatic check dc 20 will allow you to move over it as part of a normal movement.

http://i.imgur.com/T351bpS.png?1

(It's a move action to jump over a bench ( moving 5 feet north to south over it or vice-versa). An acrobatic check dc 20 will allow you to move over it as part of a normal movement.)
---------------------

Initiative

---> Snips: (1d20+2)[20]
---> Ron: (1d20+2)[15]
---> Xerxes: (1d20+1)[13]
Enemies : (1d20+6)[9]
Zhanyae: (1d20+3)[4]

Snips, Ron and Zerxes turn!

Hazuki
2017-08-24, 08:57 AM
Snips was just thinking how it was nice that they'd not had to fight since stepping into the temple, when these creatures show up and ruin all their fun. She scuttles past Zhanyae, Jakku in tow, and lashes out with her longspear even as she and her scorpion take up position to stop the creatures' advance.

Swift action to change Jakku's Vermin Focus to Beetle, giving her +2 Natural AC for 20.

Moves three squares East.

Attack the West one with her longpsear's 10ft reach. It'll be a Furious Focus Power Attack.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage (Piercing): [roll1]

Moves one square North and four East. So should be occupying the space between two benches.

Ready Attack with Claw for when monster moves within reach.

Attack: [roll2]
Damage (Bludgeoning and Slashing): [roll3]

Miry
2017-08-24, 09:16 AM
Snips attack hit her target, but the hunter notice that her blow seem to have done less damage than a good hit like that should done.

Enemy 1: 14 damage
Enemy 2: unarmed

---------------------

Initiative

Snips: (1d20+2)[20]
---> Ron: (1d20+2)[15]
---> Xerxes: (1d20+1)[13]
Zhanyae: (1d20+3)[4]

Ron and Zerxes turn!

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-28, 11:12 PM
"Lets just be careful, we don't know what we are dealing with." Ron warns the others before grabbing his sword and entering the kitchen ready to fight.

Going to move 3 spaces to the right.

Miry
2017-08-30, 07:47 AM
Ron:[roll0] (untrained, max 10)
Snips: [roll1] (untrained, max 10)
Zhanyae: [roll2]
Xerxes: [roll3]

Huecuvas are the risen corpses of heretical clerics who blasphemed and renounced their deities before meeting death. In unlife, they hate and seek to destroy those pious souls who keep their vows. Although easily mistaken for zombies or even skeletons, huecuvas have a spark of intelligence that makes them cunning and deceptive foes.

They are resistant to non-magical damage, and have a resistance agaisnt channeled positive energy. Their claw usualy carry filth fever.

Xerxes move in front of Zhanyae and take a defensive stance.

The Huecuvas take a step toward their enemies, Xerxes and Jakku. Then, they attack them with their clawed hands.

Xerxes move 4 square to be south of Zhanyae, then use total defence with his scimitar and shield in hands.

Huecuvas 1: 5ft step west and full attack Xerxes.
Claw: [roll4], [roll5]
Claw: [roll6], [roll7]

Huecuvas 2: 5ft step NW and full attack Jakku.
Claw: [roll8], [roll9]
Claw: [roll10], [roll11]

http://i.imgur.com/zk4ICbl.png?1

---------------------

Initiative

-->Snips: (1d20+2)[20]
-->Ron: (1d20+2)[15]
-->Xerxes: (1d20+1)[13]
-->Zhanyae: (1d20+3)[4]

Players turn! (You can all act, but priority of action goes to Zhanyae)

Hazuki
2017-08-30, 08:07 AM
Snips slips behind Jakku as the scorpion tanks the undead's claws, lashing out with her spear.

5ft Step Northeast, to the square North of Jakku.

Furious Focus Power Attack: [roll0]

Jakku reacts to the claws with a flurry of its mighty pincers and tail.

Claw: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Claw: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Tail: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]

Bale Fire
2017-08-30, 07:05 PM
Surprised by the sudden appearance of their foes, Zhanyae Chakk was slow to react to the presence of the undead. But as they fell upon her allies, she looked upon the corpses not with anger or fear, but with pity. Whatever sins these two individuals might have committed in life, centuries of having your soul trapped in the Boneyard was more than recompense.

"These are huecuvas." The cleric called out, recognising this particular type of undead. "They will be resistant to all non-magical attacks, and their claws can infect you with disease. As the bard has already said, we must be careful."

Taking hold of her holy symbol, Zhanyae channelled the power of her goddess offensively, sending out a wave of positive energy at the undead. She would be interested to see just how resistant these huecuvas were to the power of her deity.

She then moved further into the room, standing alongside Snips and Jakku.

Zhanyae will use her Standard Action to channel positive energy offensively (3 uses/day remaining), using it to harm the undead. She will then use her Move Action to move one square to the right, one square upward, then 3 more squares to the right.

Channel Positive Energy
[roll0]

Will Save DC is 14 for half-damage

EDIT- I think I also get a +1 to damage because of the Undead Crusader Trait, which I forgot to factor in. So 10 total damage?

DaOldeWolf
2017-08-31, 02:52 PM
Ron decides to help against the huecuvas but considering the situation he was in, his options dealing against such undead were pretty limited. At the very least, he would try to stop them in their tracks. Ron moves just behind the scorpion and casts grease on the area were one of the huecuvas was standing.

Moving three two spaces to the right and then casting grease on Huecuva number 2.

Miry
2017-09-11, 06:35 PM
Zhanyae divine energy blast through the room, destroying one of the huecuva, and injuring the other.

Snips take advantage of the moment and impale the other one on her spear, destroying it on the spot.

Zhanyae channel result:
10 dmg to #1
5 dmg to #2

Jakku miss all attack

Snips destroy what's left of #2

--- Combat Over ---

You can save your spell for later

http://i.imgur.com/uL40v3E.png?1

Hazuki
2017-09-11, 06:48 PM
Snips scrapes some undead bits off of her spear on one of the benches and puffs out her cheeks. "If somebody is here, they missed a spot."
She says, as Jakku skitters over to the corpses and snips their head off with its claws.

DaOldeWolf
2017-09-11, 09:28 PM
Ron stops casting as he sees the enemies fall down. "Is everyone alright? I can heal you back up if you need some patching up." Ron declares to the rest.

Bale Fire
2017-09-12, 10:18 AM
Zhanyae couldn't help but grimace as she watched the scorpion behead the two corpses. She understood the need for precautions, but surely there was a more respectful way to eliminate such threats.

Moving towards the two bodies, the tengu kneels down next to each of them. Ignoring the smell, she takes a few moments to carefully adjust the corpses, easing them into a more restful posture (as restful as one can be when their head has been separated from their body, anyway). As she does this, she checks their remains for anything out of the ordinary.

"I am unharmed." Zhanyae declares, in response to Ron's question. "I believe Snips' pet scorpion was the only creature to receive any lasting damage."

As she examined the two huecuvas, the tengu focused most of her attention on what she could hear. She was more than a little worried that this little skirmish might have given away their position to the Scorched Hand.

Zhanyae Chakk will search the huecuvas, and try to listen for anything that sounds like movement coming from other parts of the temple.

Perception
[roll0]

Hazuki
2017-09-12, 11:20 AM
"Jakku was hurt." Snips nods.

Miry
2017-09-13, 06:28 AM
You hear nothing more than the wind outside.

The two huecuva wear nothing more than torn and ancient ceremonial robes.

Anyone taking time to examine the altar find a silver ceremonial knife and a silver chalice.

DaOldeWolf
2017-09-13, 10:56 AM
".....of course..." Ron is a little bit reluctant and slowly approaches the scorpion. "OK, this will be just for a second." He starts casting his healing spell and stretches his arm to cure the creature on their injuries. Ron keeps praying in his mind hoping the creature to remain in place.

Casting cure light wounds: [roll0]