PDA

View Full Version : The Orb of Aeons [IC]

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-11, 05:40 PM
Your Party had fought its way through the nightmarish game set in front of them by Brom. In the final battle, you confronted what seemed to be an avatar of Vecna. Through some trickery on the part of you mystic, you escaped. You traveled through the desert on a makeshift sand-glider. After a storm the avatar had nearly caught up with you, but you saw people ahead, and made a mad dash toward them. The avatar of Vecna teleported in front of you, but the sand-glider was moving so quickly that it completely destroyed the horrible visage. Three of your party jumped free of the craft, and now stand on the hot sand. Lee on the other hand was flung by the crash. Lee landed directly at someone's feet, and when he looked up, it was his old friend Simon.

And so here is where our story picks up. What would you like to do?

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-12, 10:09 AM
Simon looks remarkably similar to Lee. He is roughly the same size, after all he is a halfling. He has a air of confidence, arrogance, and charisma about him. He is well armed. He carries two scimitars across his back, and a bow slung over one shoulder. One the other shoulder perches the meanest hawk that you have ever seen.

He speaks slowly, with an accent that you can't quite place.
Well, well, well. Look what we have here. I see that you finally decided to come back, Lee. And I see that you brought some friends... He trails off, staring down at Lee as he does.

You have both met Simon before, but he looks different than you last saw him. He seems a little tougher, a little stronger, and a little meaner. His hawk is also new. Something about him has changed.

Act Impulsively
2017-07-12, 04:49 PM
Who are you, have we met, you look vaguely familiar. (Teleplay to the party) stall for me while I explain. This is simon. He is not to be trusted. He is the leader of this tribe. I used to be the leader then I left and he killed my family. I am going to get revenge on him. I will fake ignorance and go along with him. I will go along and attempt to befriend him. If he askes I will tell him he looks familiar like someone I used to know.i will apologize for my memory by saying I was in a tavern brawl one too many times. Things have started to fade If he asked about ptery I will say I won him in a poker touniment
My action will be I will sit up in Indian style.

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-12, 05:49 PM
Lee's deception check [roll0] (success)

For future reference, try to include any rolls like this in your post.

"Wha.. what, how. Your kidding me. You even have that Raven guy with you!", Simon stutters out while pointing at Sorrow. He seems genuinely confused and taken aback. It's a good thing that Pterry is flying out of sight above you all, or he wouldn't of believed you. Simon continues to speak,"I apologise, where are my manners. My name is Simon. I must say that you look remarkably like someone I used to know. This here is my tribe. We are hawk trainers." Simon extends his hand toward you as if to shake your hand.

Act Impulsively
2017-07-12, 09:55 PM
I stand up fully and shake his hand. While simultaneously. telepath to everyone- just go with it. I will explain it all later, when we are in a more secure place, I will give him false names. Mystic your will be roren, sorrow since he has already meet u act like u have never seen him. Your name will be gandof. Artemis you go by Hobart. I will go by dinky.
Then I turn around and gesture with my hands dramatically. And say
I am Dinky. These are my companions roren, gandof, and Hobart. We are we are guild mates in the treasure hunter guild. swift dager. We were brought to an ancient tomb, rumors of a vast treasure that was hidden their. So we searched and to no avail couldn't find the treasure. In the process of searching we awoke the guardian of the tomb. That monsters beast chased us from that tomb. To escape it started following he hawks and they led us here. That sand glider wreakage is all that's left of our transport.
as I say this last bit I point and kick the broken pieces of the glider.
I gesture to Simon and saywe could teach u how to make one they proved very helpful

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-12, 10:20 PM
Simon nods. "I see then. It's nice to meet you, Dinky. And it's nice to meet all of the rest of you."

He then turns and walks up in front of Sorrow. "Hello there, Gandof was it? I once meet a fellow a lot like you. If I recall correctly his name was Sorrow. Pardon my asking, but are you related to him, I can't really tell. All of you tieflings look similar to me."

As Simon speaks, he looks at you careful, Sorrow. It's seems almost as if he's sizing you up for a fight. His eyes fall to rest on the Raven on your shoulder. "Nice Raven, but I was always more of a hawk guy myself," he says softly.

To those looking at this happen, it is a comical sight seeing Simon size up Sorrow like he is, considering that fact that Sorrow is twice as tall as Simon.

To Sorrow, if you attempt to maintain the charade, I'm going to need you to roll deception.

LidarMonkey
2017-07-13, 11:38 AM
I use a lucky point and attempt to pickpocket whatever's in Simon's belt.
[roll0]
[roll1]

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-13, 11:50 AM
[roll0] (Artemis stealth)
[roll1] (Simon perception)
I'm assuming what you already rolled was sleight of hand.

You changed into desert clothes earlier, and as you move you shift and become almost invisible against the sand. You quietly make your way up behind Simon. As you reach down for his belt pouch, he notices and puts his hand to his belt. You are unable to get anything off of him, but you are still hidden.

Simon does his best to conceal that he thought someone was trying to steal his belt pouch, and continues to look up at Sorrow.

Act Impulsively
2017-07-13, 01:54 PM
While Simon is studying sorrow after Artemis tried to pick pocket him. I doubled over faking pain. And fall to the ground and start spazzing. Im trying to direct simons attention elsewhere.

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-14, 09:01 AM
Lee's performance check: [roll0] (from now on I'll just include any rolls you forget, but try to include any roll you THINK you might have to do.

Lee doubles over in the sand, writhing in what is clearly for pain. Simon glances over at Lee and then looks confused. "What are you doing?! Why are you faking pain?" he shouts semi worriedly. He runs over to Lee and says,"Dinky, I thought I could trust you as a fellow halfling, but seems like you are attempting to decide me. I'll give you one chance. Why are you pretending to be hurt?" Simon's tone is somewhat threatening

You've certainly got Simon's attention off of Sorrow, but now it's really focused on you.

LidarMonkey
2017-07-14, 09:12 AM
I attempt to use the ruckus created by dinky to pickpocket him again.
[roll0] sleight of hand
Do I get advantage?

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-14, 09:19 AM
Seeing as you failed your first check, Lee's performance failed, AND it wasn't intended to aid you, I would say, no to advantage.

[roll0] SIMON'S perception

You slip up behind Simon, still hidden from before, and carefully reach towards his belt pouch. You lift it slowly and silently away from him and retreat back a little ways. You now have a belt bouch with unknown contents, and have gone seemingly unnoticed.

As you quickly stow the belt pouch, so as to not raise any suspicions another tribe member walks up to you and the mystic. He is roughly three-and-a-half feet tall and well muscled. He has one hand covered by a thick leather gloves, and there is a silver whistle on a cord around his neck. "Hallo, there! Hobart and Roren was it? I'm Silvester. I've been told that you'll all be staying with us for a little while, and I'm supposed to show you two and your horned friend around camp. Would you mind getting him for me, he's a bit scary," the man says. He speaks at a rapid fire pace, and bounces up and down a little bit as he talks.

SonarMonkey
2017-07-14, 11:54 AM
I watch Simon size me up, my face impassive. I pay no attention to the pickpocketing and charades going on near me, instead saying You may have met another of my kind. There are many others of my kind.

I roll deception for the lie.

[roll0]

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-14, 05:02 PM
[roll0] (Simon's insight)

Simon looks over his shoulder at you distractedly. "Oh yeah, it must be. Hey, so you seem like a trustworthy guy. Do you have any clue why your friend Dinky would fake being in pain?

Meanwhile over where Artemis and the mystic are , Silvester begins to speak again. "Okay cool, it looks like Simon has got the tieflings taken care of, so I can go ahead and give you guys a tour. He leads Artemis and the mystic over to a large tent pitched at one end of the camp area. "This here is our mess tent. Everyone in our tribe eats here together. We are supposed to be equal in standing, but Simon commissioned himself a throne of sorts. He is different from other leaders we've had, he says thoughtfully. He then leads you to the other end of the camp. He gestures to a group of tents and says, "These are personal and family tents. You can pitch a tent here if you have, or we can lend you a tent. We'll be in this location for another few days, during which Simon insists that you stay with us. After then you can come with us, or go your separate way."

Act Impulsively
2017-07-14, 07:56 PM
I stand upi was testing you. I have a habit of faking injury to test the level of power of a stranger. Congrats you passed. I can see you are a strong courageous man.

RadarMonkey1
2017-07-15, 10:18 AM
Lee's deception: [roll0]
Simon's insight: [roll1]

Simon looks intensely at Lee, the leans close and whispers so that only Lee can hear,"We'll talk later."

He then stands up and says,"Well then Dinky, Gandof if you would follow me. Simon proceeds to give Lee and Sorrow the same tour of the camp that Silvester gave Artemis and the mystic. He concludes his tour by saying,"I will let you four get tents set up and discuss your own plans. Dinner will be in the mess tent in an hour. See you then!" He and the other tribes people reced back into tents, leaving the four of you alone.

Also why'd you change colors?

SonarMonkey
2017-07-18, 11:43 AM
I remain silent and impassive during the tour, giving a quiet thanks when Simon finishes speaking. I find my tent to meditate in until it is time for dinner.