PDA

View Full Version : Preacher Season 2

gomipile
2017-07-12, 04:44 PM
I just dropped by to look at the Preacher thread I assumed would be here. I guess I have to start one.

So, Season 2 is four episodes in, and to me, the writing, pace, and tone of the series is much better than the first season, which was already perfectly cromulent. Maybe it's that they did take a season to set up the characters and world first that this season is in a position to start so strong.

Kislath
2017-07-20, 11:28 PM
I LOVE this show! Season One was hilarious, but this season came out of the gate in full swing. The opening scene with the car chase, the funny foreskin stuff, the music and the shootout was one of the best season openers in TV history.
Will we ever know what was up with the guy in the Dalmatian costume?

BWR
2017-07-21, 03:19 AM
I'm torn. On the one hand it's hilarious, gory and a ton of fun, and after two episodes I'm far more impressed with this season than last (which had its ups and downs). On the other hand, it is quite different than the comic, and I'm unapologetically on the side of being as true to the source material as reasonably possible. I understand changes sometimes need to be made for a variety of reasons but most of the changes here seem to be made simply to make changes.

gomipile
2017-07-21, 04:01 AM
I'm torn. On the one hand it's hilarious, gory and a ton of fun, and after two episodes I'm far more impressed with this season than last (which had its ups and downs). On the other hand, it is quite different than the comic, and I'm unapologetically on the side of being as true to the source material as reasonably possible. I understand changes sometimes need to be made for a variety of reasons but most of the changes here seem to be made simply to make changes.

I don't know. The comic was one of the most 90s things I've ever seen. Even if they were trying to be close to the comic, if they didn't make it a 90s period piece it would still have to have some major deviations.