PDA

View Full Version : Mass healing spells and life cleric self-healing

bloodgroove
2017-07-13, 03:58 PM
My life cleric is now 6th level so his healing others heals him. My question is on spells like mass healing word, does he get the 2+ spell level hp for each person affected by the mass healing word?

B l e s s e d H e a l e r
Beginning at 6th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell o f 1st
level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2 + the
spell’s level.

Had one DM give me HP for each player healed but have not seen anything on if this is how it should be.

"that restores hit points to a creature other than you" seems to allow it but could use some clarification.

thanks...

Maxilian
2017-07-13, 04:02 PM
It actually should only heal once.

As the ability does not care how many people you heal, it only care that you heal someone else, and the lvl of the spell.

So regardless if you heal 1 person or the whole world, you get 2 + spell lvl.

Biggstick
2017-07-13, 04:05 PM
Short answer. No.

Slightly longer answer.

Blessed Healer: Beginning at 6th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

Nothing in the ability says that you regain hp based on the number of people healed. It says you regain additional hp when you cast a healing spell that heals someone other then you.

FreddyNoNose
2017-07-13, 04:08 PM
Short answer. No.

Slightly longer answer.

Blessed Healer: Beginning at 6th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level.

Nothing in the ability says that you regain hp based on the number of people healed. It says you regain additional hp when you cast a healing spell that heals someone other then you.

Yes, but the OP is trying to cheat. He wants it based not on the spell level but the number of people healed. Total cheat.

Biggstick
2017-07-13, 04:12 PM
Yes, but the OP is trying to cheat. He wants it based not on the spell level but the number of people healed. Total cheat.

I don't think the OP is trying to cheat, just trying to clarify on the actual rules of the spell.

If they were trying to cheat, they probably wouldn't have come here and would have stuck with the "better" interpretation.

bloodgroove
2017-07-14, 02:16 PM

Being a little presumptuous about my intent aren't we?