PDA

View Full Version : Most powerful and underrated item

Whit
2017-07-13, 05:14 PM
Sovereign glue.

Go invisible slip this in the evil throne or on the floo behind the villain. He's stuck forever minus a wish, or solvent

Bohandas
2017-07-13, 05:21 PM
Unless he takes off his pants/shoes (respectively)

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-13, 05:43 PM
Why not shut his nose and mouth with the glue.or the sovereign glue a cork and one bent over bad guy ya cant poop if the glues got ya stuck

Whit
2017-07-13, 07:36 PM
lol I love it

Hypersmith
2017-07-14, 04:27 AM
Oh God, time for torture. Glue together two sensitive body parts, or something like all the eyelashes to the face, so they need to rip them out to blink. Glue their fingernails to something in the wall. Glue their belly button to a rope glued to the wall. Etc etc.

hymer
2017-07-14, 05:23 AM
Notable limitations to Sovereign Glue is that it glues objects, not creatures; and it takes a minute to set.
Brought to you by Stop Having Fun, Guys. ;)

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-14, 07:29 AM
Find a sleeping dragon, and soverign glue one wing to his side before waking him.

ZorroGames
2017-07-14, 08:28 AM
Pardon my getting metaphysical here but, depending on how you define item, be the player's brain.

Many items are underated because of the narrow measure by many of combat ("Kill monster") over the other two legs of the triad adventuring in D&D.

pwcsponson
2017-07-14, 11:57 AM
Sovereign glue.

Go invisible slip this in the evil throne or on the floo behind the villain. He's stuck forever minus a wish, or solvent

Put it on your barbarian's gloves and watch them grapple some monster into oblivion.

NecroDancer
2017-07-14, 01:04 PM
Another item that's often overlooked is a chime of opening. It lets you open any door without the extremely loud noise of a knock spell.

Lombra
2017-07-14, 01:10 PM
Immovable rod is robably underrated for it's actual physics-defying power.

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-14, 01:12 PM
Another item that's often overlooked is a chime of opening. It lets you open any door without the extremely loud noise of a knock spell.

My only problem with the chime is the limited uses, with no means of repair.

Coffee_Dragon
2017-07-14, 01:15 PM
The most powerful item is the 10' pole because sometimes when you're walking past a bottomless chasm there's a powerful outsider resting next to it and then you use the pole to poke it until it falls down and bam infinite XP? I call this the God Poker it may require some cooperation from the DM but RAW it checks out

Hypersmith
2017-07-14, 01:59 PM
The most powerful item is the 10' pole because sometimes when you're walking past a bottomless chasm there's a powerful outsider resting next to it and then you use the pole to poke it until it falls down and bam infinite XP? I call this the God Poker it may require some cooperation from the DM but RAW it checks out

but will it ever die if the chasm is bottomless? You won't get the XP

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-14, 02:04 PM

Would this end up being like Schrodinger's XP? Where you never know if the monster is dead or not, therefore you both have and don't have the XP at the same time?

Coffee_Dragon
2017-07-14, 02:07 PM

No, because you get XP from monsters without killing them if you make them flee or otherwise deal with them, so it's like a neverending steady stream as they retreat down the chasm.

Renduaz
2017-07-14, 03:00 PM
Probably the Philter of Love. Uncommon rarity only, slip it into a creature's drink or just shove it in it's mouth with Telekinesis, unless it has Charm immunity, it's charmed for 1 hour, no save. And if you are of a species and gender it could normally be attracted to, even more charming power.

smcmike
2017-07-14, 08:20 PM
Bag of Beans. The random effect is annoying, and so is dumping them and watching them explode, but, on the other hand, bean soup is delicious. Also, these beans are a quarter pound each for some reason!

Dudewithknives
2017-07-14, 08:31 PM
Immovable rod is robably underrated for it's actual physics-defying power.

My paladin had one built 8nto his shield as a handle.

NecroDancer
2017-07-14, 08:40 PM
I think it's a well known fact that the immovable rod is one of the strongest items.

Immovable Rod > the Rod of Lordly Might.

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-15, 12:02 AM
Piwafwi also very useful

NinaWu
2017-07-15, 12:46 AM
The good old shield!
+2 to AC.
Can be used to bash.
Can provide cover against traps.
Can be used to set off other traps.
Can be enchanted.
Can be used to deflect objects.
Can be used to launch off (wonder woman style).
Doubles as a manhole cover.
Also doubles as a discus.
Can be used very creatively with sovereign glue as well.

All for just 10gp!

Sariel Vailo
2017-07-15, 12:47 AM
The good old shield!
+2 to AC.
Can be used to bash.
Can provide cover against traps.
Can be used to set off other traps.
Can be enchanted.
Can be used to deflect objects.
Can be used to launch off (wonder woman style).
Doubles as a manhole cover.
Also doubles as a discus.
Can be used very creatively with sovereign glue as well.

All for just 10gp!
Good point

Spore
2017-07-15, 11:03 AM
My only problem with the chime is the limited uses, with no means of repair.

It is like the Skeleton Key in Skyrim. If it has the same properties, it can unlock barriers between dimensions or planes.

JellyPooga
2017-07-16, 06:47 AM
My vote has to go to the humble knife. It's the tool. The one that sets us apart from the monkeys. With a knife, you can make other tools, you can make shelter, weapons, a disguise. You can prepare and eat food, pick locks and open latches, or spike a door to keep it closed, trim your nails, display your prowess at pin-finger, darts or juggling, threaten foes and create art. You can take a knife almost anywhere, concealed in a boot or worn at the waist; it's innocuous and concealable. Lightweight. Truly the knife is the king of tools.

NecroDancer
2017-07-16, 01:04 PM
I feel like a PHB is the strongest item in d&d followed closely by the DMG and other splatbooks.

Herobizkit
2017-07-17, 05:20 AM
Never underestimate the resourcefulness of a Decanter of Endless Water.

Lombra
2017-07-17, 06:07 AM
Never underestimate the resourcefulness of a Decanter of Endless Water.

Always remember to close it after you use it. We don't want another Atlantis to happen, do you?

Azgeroth
2017-07-17, 06:39 AM
block and tackle.

4 x your carrying wieght... stick a goliath barb on the end and suddenly you can lift as much as, or more, than the telekinesis spell, at level 1..

Aett_Thorn
2017-07-17, 07:20 AM
Always remember to close it after you use it. We don't want another Atlantis to happen, do you?

Or do we? I mean, you can't explore an ancient city that was mysteriously flooded, unless it's been flooded.

Toofey
2017-07-17, 08:49 AM
Notable limitations to Sovereign Glue is that it glues objects, not creatures; and it takes a minute to set.

So basically it's just really strong glue now? good to know, no way I'm adopting this change in games I run. (other than AL)

jaappleton
2017-07-17, 09:35 AM
Sentinel Shield

Advantage on Initiative and Perception? And only Uncommon? Yes, please.