PDA

View Full Version : Origin Stories [IC]

Hackulator
2017-07-14, 01:04 AM
You enter the small, out of the way bar in a rust-colored town called Yonkers, just north of New York City. For some of you it may have been a long journey, for others a short drive, but you're all here for the same reason: to meet others like yourself. It's a single room, long and narrow. Along the left side is the bar itself, and behind it the room's only other inhabitant, a bored looking bartender cleaning glasses. The only sounds are the whirring of a ceiling fan and the clink clink of the stacking glasses. At the back of the bar are a few worn tables and chairs and an ancient jukebox covered in garish neon lighting.

Please describe your character in your first and if you'd like, give a little bit of dialogue, whatever they'd likely tell someone about themselves at first introduction. From there, it's on you. If you want to do anything other than talk just describe it and I will respond with what happens as necessary.Whoever posts firsts can assume they got their first.

Thisguy_
2017-07-14, 02:27 AM
Although the others first knew him as "imnotthedude" from IRC, instant messenger, or what have you, at some point they became aware of Morgan Carlyle's name, and of the fact that he goes by Mike. Upon first seeing him (as is human) one will likely start from the top and work his or her way down. He has blonde, wavy hair down past his shoulders by a couple inches, blue eyes, fair skin, a beard like The Dude from The Big Lebowski... in fact, if it wasn't for the Buzzcocks Tee he's sporting, and the fact that he's a relatively thin person, he could be mistaken for a cosplayer. He looks a bit under six feet.

He's got a black T-shirt with the word Buzzcocks on it in orange, and a pair of standard blue jeans that make him stick out like a sore thumb in New York. His grey tennis shoes look comfortable enough, but they're not exactly in fashion... or new. That said, he does have something on him that might differentiate him from a time traveler from the past: a game. He's got a new portable, new as they come, and the latest 'Mon game on it. Or at least, from the design, onlookers are likely to assume as much. He was the first one in, the bartender notwithstanding, and he was there, playing on it when the others arrived.

And of course, he'd found the classic rock on the jukebox. He was known to his newfound peers as a fan of Rock, Metal, Jazz, Rap, R&B, and pretty much every other kind of music, primarily excepting New Country and Pop... he opened the conversation with a very specific "**** you" to both of those genres.

"It's just crap, man," he had insisted from atop his metaphorical soap box, "bought and sold material formulated to give listening pleasure to people who don't give a ****. Pardon me. And it's the same crap, too, New Country. Every song is the same song, and every Pop song is made for the same reason, and it's obvious, and they do nothing to hide it because they don't care. Although there's a gem in there every once in a while. Most of it's crap. Sturgeon's Law, I guess, but people buy it anyway, even though it is crap..."

He would clearly be happy to continue testifying as long as nobody stopped him, and potentially could go on forever.

DukeGod
2017-07-14, 06:18 PM
Cecil entered second. His nickname was †XCrossX† and he considered himself way too clever of it. He had short black hair, and was going early gray, at his 30 years. Cecil was a big guy, about 6'3" and heavily muscled, with several bandaged fingers. He was wearing a Edmond Oilers's jersey, and people who recognized it could guess the back had the number 99. Of course, in the one he wore, "Gretzky" was written as "Gritzky" instead

He greets Mike as he enters, but goes straight to the bar, removing the lid on his Starbucks cup. It seems like normal coffee, but after some words with the bartender he pours some whiskey in it with a devious smile. Then he orders some nachos

He sits after Mike started his rant, though had heard the start of it, though he doesn't bother interrupting, just drinking from his coffee as he waits and nodding along occasionally

Baby Gary
2017-07-14, 08:25 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/58/b1/8e/58b18e11cf3c97f92e44078d250560b4--mad-scientists-the-alchemist.jpg
Third to come in is a man who appears to be in his early 40ties, he was Mr. Howard Scott. Unlike some of the other he didn't use some fake name as his username, but instead his actual name. He came in the bar and after looking around for a minuet he walked over to Morgan, or as he would like to be know Mike. Howard walked over to the man in the buzzcocks shirt and sat down on the bench across from him. "Hello, are you Morgan Carlyle? Nice to meet you, I am Howard Scott" Howard said while extending his hand to shake Mike's, "So you are one of the people affected be event zero? so am I. I have not met any other who were affected so I am very interested to see how this affects other people. I am, as I am sure you know, an astrophysicist who is, well was, working on potential research on Venus. However when Event Zero happened I started research on it and how it effected people, I was affected and I assume you were so if you don't mind I will be taking notes on how you act and how you powers have manifested them selves."

Hackulator
2017-07-14, 09:12 PM
Cecil entered second. His nickname was †XCrossX† and he considered himself way too clever of it. He had short black hair, and was going early gray, at his 30 years. Cecil was a big guy, about 6'3" and heavily muscled, with several bandaged fingers. He was wearing a Edmond Oilers's jersey, and people who recognized it could guess the back had the number 99. Of course, in the one he wore, "Gretzky" was written as "Gritzky" instead

He greets Mike as he enters, but goes straight to the bar, removing the lid on his Starbucks cup. It seems like normal coffee, but after some words with the bartender he pours some whiskey in it with a devious smile. Then he orders some nachos

He sits after Mike started his rant, though had heard the start of it, though he doesn't bother interrupting, just drinking from his coffee as he waits and nodding along occasionally

The bartender looks at you, then looks around at the sparse and run down setting of the bar.

"Does this really look like the kind of place that serves nachos?"

Thisguy_
2017-07-14, 10:22 PM
Mike ceases with his tirade. He deftly suspends his game, as he comes to the realization that it still occupies his hands, and slips it into his pocket in one graceful, practiced motion. He shakes with the good doctor. "It's good to meet ya, Doc. And yeah, I'm cool with it as long as you don't release my name or anything personal like that. Sorry for the ranting."

As an aside to the bartender, "If I order a whiskey, will ya forgive me for that ear?"

If ya don't mind me asking, how come an astrophysicist is suddenly up on things like this? You get bored, or is your profession just the go-to when wild and crazy **** goes down?"

Baby Gary
2017-07-14, 11:00 PM
"I'm a scientist, not a doctor; an astrophysicist to be process. That means I can't heal you but I can tell you how to calculate how to send a lander to Venus, a small difference. Of course I will not expose any personal info that you want to keep private, I just want to see how you act and how your powers have manifested themselves. The reason why I am researching this and not space is because I was also affected by Event Zero, so I volunteered to look into this and what, if any, correlation there is between peoples powers. Some of the things I am able to do defy physics and I wanted to look into that. I hope that satisfies your questions." Said Howard to Mike, "There are others coming, Right? when they come I have some questions to ask them. I am not super trustful, I need to see something in order to believe it, or have it proven logically. So I was thinking of asking them to just show me what their powers can do, If they are potentially dangerous then we just go out of town, its as simple as that. Would you mind letting me, well us, see you use your powers Morgan?"

Thisguy_
2017-07-15, 01:27 AM
"Uhhh, okay, sorry. Howard. Can I call you Howie? I guess I just assume every astrophysicist has a PhD. Is that racist?" Mike joked.

With an awkward smile, he said, "Eheh... uh. Yeah. Okay, yeah, though, I'd be happy to show you my powers if they weren't a little... morbid. But I can show you one outta two. Here, just... give yourself a minor abrasion or something. Scuff, pinprick. Stuff like that."

"...damn," he said, "I just said 'my powers' in a completely serious context. That ****'s wild."

ODM
2017-07-15, 05:13 PM
Dr. Sisco examines the room as he enters. He runs his hand through his curly brown hair while checking out the four people already there. He is dressed in a full black suit and tie. He approaches the bar and takes a seat. He tries to listen to any conversations around him.

In the meantime he turns to the barkeep and in a sweet low voice says, "What's good here?"

Yasahiro
2017-07-15, 08:36 PM
Then another person entered the bar, a lanky looking boy, having recently hit the age of adulthood, in a too lose black hoodie with neon blue lines, resembling those from Tron, and a pair of blue jeans. Blue eyes and a mop of black hair with white dyed highlights and a pair of thin framed glasses were what was on his pale face, as his hood was still up. He drove to this place to find others like him, and just hearing the doctor looking man as he entered, well... he knew this was the place. Even when they met on the chat, he wasn't sure about how truthful these people were going to be.

He approached the bar and people next to it. A quick look towards the barkeep. "Cola, please." After this was done, he turned towards the people having the discussion of powers. "Good to finally meet you. You probably remember me from the chat as Laplace."

DukeGod
2017-07-15, 10:39 PM
"If you don't mind me interrupting, maybe we should start with something a bit more light-hearted? he smirks, with emphasis on that specific word

Then, after a quick glance around, Cecil holds his hands a couple of inches above the counter, and moves it, generating a bunch of small little images. Themselves. He makes all the images do weird dances.

ODM
2017-07-15, 11:10 PM
Sisco smirks, seeing the dislpay. He turns back to the barkeep and says, "On second thought, this could get a little intense. Why don't you head back to the back and catch up on some paperwork? While we are at it, you decided to do that on your own because nobody has come in all day." His voice is sweet and enticing, begging to be followed.

Hackulator
2017-07-15, 11:30 PM
Dr. Sisco examines the room as he enters. He runs his hand through his curly brown hair while checking out the four people already there. He is dressed in a full black suit and tie. He approaches the bar and takes a seat. He tries to listen to any conversations around him.

In the meantime he turns to the barkeep and in a sweet low voice says, "What's good here?"

"I'd suggest some alcohol" he replies in a droll tone.

"If you don't mind me interrupting, maybe we should start with something a bit more light-hearted? he smirks, with emphasis on that specific word

Then, after a quick glance around, Cecil holds his hands a couple of inches above the counter, and moves it, generating a bunch of small little images. Themselves. He makes all the images do weird dances.

Sisco smirks, seeing the dislpay. He turns back to the barkeep and says, "On second thought, this could get a little intense. Why don't you head back to the back and catch up on some paperwork? While we are at it, you decided to do that on your own because nobody has come in all day." His voice is sweet and enticing, begging to be followed.

The bartender starts up suddenly, dropping the glass he's cleaning with a loud crash. "What the **** is-" he begins to yell, then suddenly stops, an almost dreamy look on his face as he turns to Sisco. "Yes, of course, you're right." he mutters before stumbling towards the employee only door and stepping through it.

Thisguy_
2017-07-15, 11:33 PM
Mike, responding to the developing situation, blurts: "Wait a minute, I thought the bartender was one of us. Was I about to get all Witchcrafty in front of someone with a propensity to call Roswell or whatever on me?"

"...and letting him fill my drink order first would have been nice, by the way," he adds as an afterthought.

Hackulator
2017-07-15, 11:42 PM
Mike, responding to the developing situation, blurts: "Wait a minute, I thought the bartender was one of us. Was I about to get all Witchcrafty in front of someone with a propensity to call Roswell or whatever on me?"

"...and letting him fill my drink order first would have been nice, by the way," he adds as an afterthought.

I'm gonna use spoilers for anything that's not a description of things that are happening right now. This far, the person who suggested this bar does not appear to have arrived. All you really know about them is that they also seemed to know the feeling of using their powers, and the handle they used on the website was the_ghost. You know nothing about the bartender, but from his brief reaction it seems unlikely he knows anything about whats happening to you.

Baby Gary
2017-07-15, 11:43 PM
Howard slowly leans back in his chair and sighs. He straightens his coat and looks over at the bar where the action is happening. Then he suddenly disappeared, and then reappeared in a chair by the bar. "This is just a great start. Also what did you do to the bartender?. Anyway I am Mr. Howard Scott, it is nice to meet you."

ODM
2017-07-16, 03:04 PM
Disco jumps across the bar and begins pulling out glasses and pouring drinks. "So I've got a cola and a whiskey right? What else?" He begins sliding the drinks to the others. "Well Scott. I'm Sisco. And all I did was suggest he do his paperwork and remind him that not a single person has come in all day. What's your big trick?"

Thisguy_
2017-07-16, 07:28 PM
Mike offers up, "Mostly I heal wounds. Long as you're not missing a body part, they just close right up. Cuts, scrapes. Been using it on myself just for the sheer convenience of it. Hope I'm not givin' myself cancer or anything."

"My other power is to talk to dead people. Like, not ghosts or anything. The... people. Themselves, physically. Before you get any weird ideas I discovered it by accident at my granddad's funeral."

Very deliberately, he left out the part that tied it all together. He was still unwilling to share it with anyone else - he didn't like it very much himself. It gave him the willies, and he definitely wasn't about to ostracize himself from the only group of people he could find that didn't think it was strange (at least, presumably didn't) that he could speak to the bodies of the departed, and have them speak back. He would simply avoid sharing for now.

Having found his new astrophysicist acquaintance to have Batman'd his way cross the room, and a new conversation partner there, he relocated himself. He politely waited for the new line of conversation to naturally turn back his way, or, comfortably, forget the demonstration of his ability. And of course, not forgetting, he collected his whiskey.

Yasahiro
2017-07-16, 08:53 PM
Laplace just watched the events unfold, narrowing his eyes upon Sisco's actions. 'That kind of power, hm? Now I'm wary of telling my name... although let's see how he reacts.' He waited for his turn, a lull in the discussion so he can speak, thanking for his Cola though. Even if he was cautious, he could at least be polite.

Taking a sip, he listened to the explanation of the healer's powers, before turning to Sisco. "A useful power, and yet it could be abused so easily, turned into something that makes others paranoid. But this is your choice what to do with it. As for my own powers..." he unzipped his Hoodie, concentrating for a moment before something shifted underneath. Another hand and arm came out and grabbed hold of the glass, yet he still had his own two arms inside the sleeves. Along with this one Arm came another, giving the horns. "You could say I'm very handy"

ODM
2017-07-16, 09:38 PM
Sisco smiles a over confident cocky smile. Mental notes. The light boy is flashy with no sense of subtlety. The rambled is a healer with a dark secret. And this one doesn't trust me.

Pouring himself a glass of water, he turns to his accusor. "Now now. Lets think about this one. I have no offensive powers or even defensive powers really. Something that I think is not going to be true of the rest of you, and especially not of our host should they choose to grace us with their presence. I could do a lot of harm with my powers. But despite that, my powers mean nothing if I make enemies of all of you. Thus far however, all I've done is protect your identities before our new friend started giving away why we were here.

Suddenly he winks and lets out a laugh. "Trust me, my place in our organization is going to be information gathering, keeping our identities hidden, etc. You all will have all the fun of deciding whether we police others of our kind, become international criminals, or just a international police with powers and authority beyond any government."

DukeGod
2017-07-16, 10:06 PM
Cecil had been a bit surprise too, he thought the bartender was in it. Oh well. He was a bit squeamish, but once one of the others goes behind the bar and starts messing with the bottles he decides that the damage is done aniway. So he stands up and looks around the cabinets for anything edible.

"I already got my drink. Irish-style Coffee. But see if you can find ingredients, I can cook"

In the process, since everyone was seemingly explaining what they could do, he figures he might as well join i the action

"Right. My powers revolve around technology. Sortof. There's definately a technology vibe going on, those images were holograms I think. That said, instead of technology from here, it seems most of the time I bring...beings out of what I guess is some kind of robot dimension."

Hackulator
2017-07-17, 01:35 AM
I am cross posting this in both threads to make sure everyone sees it because it contains information that is super important which I forgot to mention because I've very used to players who just understand certain things about my games.

You guys don't have any idea how your powers will work if you try to use them on other people with powers as you've never had the opportunity to do so.

PVP is definitely on, HOWEVER I will much prefer if you not start any PVP without a relatively good reason. At least in the beginning, it makes sense for your characters to be pretty cautious about things. I will be completely honest: if I feel a player is initiating pvp just to be disruptive or problematic without good reason, it is likely that rulings will not go their way.

That being said, if some of you decide to be heroes and some decide to be villains, PVP is 100% reasonable between those groups.

ALSO, and this is VERY important, FROM THIS MOMENT FORWARD ANYTHING YOU POST IN A THREAD IS FAIR GAME FOR PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT. If you don't want other players to know something, DO NOT POST ABOUT IT. If you post your inner thoughts in a thread, people figured them out somehow. IF ITS NOT A SECRET, ITS NOT A SECRET. If there is something you need to discuss with me without other players knowing, PM me.

Thisguy_
2017-07-17, 04:04 AM
"I guess," Mike said, one eyebrow cocked, "that we're just gonna skip over the part where he said we were gonna form the Illuminati. That's cool."

Yasahiro
2017-07-17, 06:26 AM
He looked towards Mike, two of his arms crossed in front of him while gesticulating with other two."Skip? Hell no, let's focus on that part." his gaze turned towards Sisco. "I agreed to nothing about any sort of organization. This was just supposed to be a meeting of people with powers. To talk with those that also became different, to have someone to relate to. And now you mention organizations? Roles? Police? True, the powers could be abused but I never said I want to join the Justice League."

ODM
2017-07-17, 10:17 AM
Sisco smiles. "Nobody had to say it. Is it not apparent? Somebody wants us to meet here. A run down bar where the only people here would be us and a bartender. That doesn't sound accidental. I'll bet you a fifty dollars that the person who suggested this place is either with the government or seeking to make his own private team. Either way anyone who doesn't join is now known with me being your best shot at possibly getting out without your name being in a file. As for me, I want in on whatever it is. And I bet Mr. Scott also wants in, depending on if its the government or an individual.
Part of our job will involve finding more like us. If I'm wrong you are up fifty bucks." He pours himself another glass of water as he talks and then turns to face, eyebrow raised, toward the group as he takes a drink, waiting to see what they say.

Thisguy_
2017-07-17, 03:39 PM
Suddenly, erratically, Mike speaks up, looking at Sisco: "What the hell was that? I feel like there was a friggin' ghost, are you messin' with me? Can you not?"

RadicalTurnip
2017-07-17, 09:19 PM
The bar door opens once again, and in walks a pretty blonde of medium height. She's wearing what look like nearly-new jogging shoes, gray sweat-pants with "PINK" written on the butt, and a purple spaghetti-strap tank top. As she enters the bar, she's lifting a pair of over-large sunglasses from her eyes and leaves them to rest (for the moment) on the top of her head. Her green eyes take in the scene before she looks at Sisco and her mouth opens as if she's about to order a drink, but she hesitates at the obvious tension and thinks better of it.

Glancing about again, she finds the nearest unoccupied table to the action and makes her way to a seat there where she can watch what's going on.

Yasahiro
2017-07-18, 05:56 PM
He folded all his arms except for one, which he still used to sip his Cola while watching Mike's odd reaction.

"I still say it will be possible for us to decline whatever offer or such is mentioned by the one that have gathered us here. Only time will tell, as they have yet to arrive."

ODM
2017-07-19, 09:10 AM
Suddenly, erratically, Mike speaks up, looking at Sisco: "What the hell was that? I feel like there was a friggin' ghost, are you messin' with me? Can you not?"

Sisco jerks startled and then looks down guilty. "I apologize. My other powers require me to make conscious plans in order to work. Sometimes just wondering what someone is thinking about can cause my powers to try. You seemed put off. I will assure you all that I will not intentionally interfere with your thoughts. That goes for all of you. Without permission of course. If we are working on learning the extent of the powers then I hope we can help eachother. Please for give me, healer."

The bar door opens once again, and in walks a pretty blonde of medium height. She's wearing what look like nearly-new jogging shoes, gray sweat-pants with "PINK" written on the butt, and a purple spaghetti-strap tank top. As she enters the bar, she's lifting a pair of over-large sunglasses from her eyes and leaves them to rest (for the moment) on the top of her head. Her green eyes take in the scene before she looks at Sisco and her mouth opens as if she's about to order a drink, but she hesitates at the obvious tension and thinks better of it.

Glancing about again, she finds the nearest unoccupied table to the action and makes her way to a seat there where she can watch what's going on.

Sisco looks up amd gives a kind smile to the newcomer. "Can I get you a drink?"

He folded all his arms except for one, which he still used to sip his Cola while watching Mike's odd reaction.

"I still say it will be possible for us to decline whatever offer or such is mentioned by the one that have gathered us here. Only time will tell, as they have yet to arrive."

Sisco shrugs. "Still. Turn them down and they know who you are. That makes it a risk if perhaps this offer is an 'offer they couldn't refuse.' All I'm doing is trying to offer those of you who might want a little anonymity the chance to have it while still hearing out the offer."

Thisguy_
2017-07-19, 09:45 AM
To Sisco, Mike replies, "Jesus. Well, it feels wonky when you miss, apparently. I guess you're good, as long as you don't run around calling me 'healer' all the time."

"Aaaand yeah. Still not sure the ghost isn't here. I mean. Invisibility is a cool superpower and all, but subtlety is hard to pick up. Right?" he said, trying to lift the mood a little with wild guessing.

RadicalTurnip
2017-07-20, 04:30 PM
"Whoa, a bartender with powers, huh?" the newcomer says, nodding her head. "Cool! I'll take an Amaretto Sour, please!"

DukeGod
2017-07-20, 10:25 PM
"Interesting theory. Hmmm"

Cecil lowers a bit, touching the ground and focuses. Like pulling something, he feels the passage being opened and the crossing of the creatures, bring about 3 mechanical canine creatures.

"Sniff around"

There was still the possibility the ghost could beat their smell, but hardly any damage in trying

In the meantime, he looks at Sisco, to see if the man knows how to make the girl's drink

Hackulator
2017-07-20, 10:53 PM
"Interesting theory. Hmmm"

Cecil lowers a bit, touching the ground and focuses. Like pulling something, he feels the passage being opened and the crossing of the creatures, bring about 3 mechanical canine creatures.

"Sniff around"

There was still the possibility the ghost could beat their smell, but hardly any damage in trying

In the meantime, he looks at Sisco, to see if the man knows how to make the girl's drink

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11113/111133638/3665362-ravage.jpg

Three terrifyingly alien robotic quadrupeds materialize out of nowhere and, after a moment of attention to Cecil, begin to sniff around the room.

Da'Shain
2017-07-21, 10:08 PM
The door to the bar opened once more, disgorging a phone that appeared to be leading a tousle-headed twenty-something in on a tight leash. Grimacing, the young man tucked his phone back into his faded jeans as though he were putting away a shield in hostile territory, but with a visible effort he made himself look up around the bar, a forced smile starting to dawn on his tanned face. His blue gaze flickered around the room as he searched for the least offensive place to rest it; instead, it alighted on the three mecha-canines, and he froze only partially through the portal, the heavy door bouncing once before resting on his ankle. "What in the hell ..."

Thisguy_
2017-07-22, 05:37 PM
"Welcome to the party, buddy-ro. It only gets weirder from here," Mike said, trying and failing to adjust to the sight before him. He downed his whiskey, desperately requesting that it aid him in seeing what was before him as normal, or at least safe. Upon looking back down, he promptly decided that the whiskey must have declined, and went to seek out another glass with whom he might have better luck.

RadicalTurnip
2017-07-22, 10:44 PM
The blonde that had just sat down immediately stiffens in surprise at the mechanical creatures. "Okay, seriously? Like, that doesn't even make any sense! Robot dogs?! Who even built them? Like, how are you even summoning these things from somewhere, when they're obviously robots and you didn't build them? Like is some mad scientist from a different dimension suddenly missing his robot fidos? she asks, obviously taken aback. If/ when any approach her, she'll do her best to keep her distance.

Looking at the newcomer, her panic seems to find an outlet for something she can maybe control. "Hey, no phones please. I took a big enough risk coming here, I definitely don't want to become some government's superweapon. "

Hackulator
2017-07-23, 01:16 PM
"Well at least that's kind of interesting." a voice suddenly seems to come from the middle of the room. You look towards it, but see no source for the disembodied sound.

"Were you really just going to sit here and wait for some stiff to come give you marching orders? How disappointing." Suddenly a man simply materializes in the middle of the room. He is relatively nondescript looking, a little shorter than average with close cropped brown hair and blue eyes. He's dressed in a well tailored suit and tie and carrying nothing in his hands. The one notable thing about his attire is a large amount of bling. This includes a diamond tie pin, diamond cufflinks, and a large diamond encrusted watch. "I hate to break it to you, but I'm not interested in telling you what to do, that would sort of defeat the whole purpose."

He smiles and sits casually in the nearest chair. He whistles to one of the mechanical dogs, which perks up and walks over to him. He pats it on the head, gives a brief chuckle, and then leans back in his chair, looking around at all of you.

Thisguy_
2017-07-23, 06:18 PM
"Honestly, I was just waiting for everybody to be here because I was hoping to treat this like a support group. Although, I admit," admitted Mike, "that my half-baked plan to move out here has been shot down by the cost of living. And the lack of jobs available within my, er, skill set."

"Anyway, how are you?" he asks. "Or, I suppose, more appropriately, I should say called it. But still, how are ya?"

Da'Shain
2017-07-24, 06:42 PM
Closing his mouth with an effort and taking a deep breath, the newcomer pulled his foot out from the door and walked into the bar proper, though he took care to give the robot dogs a wide berth. Pulling his faux-leather jacket off and draping it over his arm, he made his way in, remaining awkwardly on the outside of the messy circle the others had naturally formed. "Sorry," he mutters to the blonde woman, "was just using it to find the place, I'll keep it away, now." Looking around again, he added lamely, "Uh, I was 92rockbottom on the chat, so ... am I the last one?" He turned his furtive attention to the man who'd just materialized, visibly still taken aback but making an effort to take everything in stride. "I thought this was just a meet and greet. Purpose?"

DukeGod
2017-07-28, 05:30 PM
"I can see his point" he motions his head towards the new guy "Let's hear what the Ghosth as to say, but keep it casual shall we?"

"I have no idea how that works, it just does. My guess is robot dimension

Hackulator
2017-07-28, 06:54 PM
Just so everyone knows, I am checking this thread every day, I just haven't been posting much yet because I've been trying to give people an opportunity to respond.

"Casual is how I roll friend" the man says to Cecil, then look down at is expensive attire and laughs, "well, not including the clothes I suppose. I don't really have much to say, just seemed like you all needed a bit of a kick in the pants as it were. I wanted to get you out on the road, get things going."

The man stands up and walks towards the bar, and then walks through the bar like some sort of apparition. Once he gets behind the bar he calmly begins making himself a drink.

"So yeah" he says as he pours himself a gin and tonic, "just try not to be boring ok? I have been sooooo bored lately and then I heard about all you guys and I thought, well, this could be interesting right?"

Thisguy_
2017-07-28, 11:43 PM
"Yes, mother," Mike said mockingly. He had taken up residence in the corner of the room, far enough away from the hounds of the "robot dimension" to be in relative comfort, but still close enough to try to get used to the stimulus. He nursed a whiskey carefully, making sure to leave a few drops here and there as tithe for his beard. He thought perhaps that this might be his 'last one for a while,' a delightfully meaningless distinction.

RadicalTurnip
2017-07-30, 12:06 AM
"Okay, so we've all see the movies or read the books or whatevs, It's important for us to set the tone for how people see and deal with us.Like, I don't want us to be the "hated mutants" or "hunted mages" like in some stories. The blonde begins, using air quotes to emphasize her point. "We have to start the public opinion off on the right foot. Like, if we're thinking about the future, we have to be heroes. If you don't like it, then just you lay low for a while, yeah? .Otherwise, the... muggles? Normies? The rest of the people will just overwhelm us, and like the government will probably figure out a way of tracking us, and then they just play "assassinate the mutant."

Thisguy_
2017-07-30, 01:11 AM
"Hey man, which one of us is supposed to be drunk again? Well, maybe not drunk, but health-il-y buzzed to the point of... minor vocabularic glitches, apparently." Mike paused to collect his thoughts.

"The way I see it is, if we don't cause any trouble, we don't get in any trouble. I dunno if there's something in our blood, though... or if we're gonna start turning green. My gut instinct says not to get the government involved, but I guess I can kinda see it from your perspective now that I think of it. It'd be dangerous to just leave a buncha super-powered randoms to their own devices. I mean, yeah, woo, no more ISIS. But not everybody's like that," he said, punctuating his point with wavering confidence evident in his voice.

Stumbling a bit over words, he said, "Maybe the 'right thing to do' would be to turn ourselves in as whatever, magic mutant guys," (he had now caught the air-quoting bug,) "but if I know anything about the American government it's that it don't give a **** about freedom. And we're an acceptable target right now."

"Then again, the better we are at hiding it, the worse the repercussions are when we get caught." He paused again, then added, as an afterthought, "unless one of us won the lottery and they're Superman."

Hackulator
2017-07-30, 11:05 AM
The man sighs with exasperation. "You really want to make yourself beholden to some government? Don't you get it? You're GODS. Or at least, I'm a god and you're like, uh, little baby gods I guess? But the other gods got boring and they're no fun to play with any more so that's why I found you. Why do you want to go off to be some stuffed suit's bitch for the rest of your life?"

Just want to make sure everyone is aware that while the NPC I am currently running has his opinions about what he might want you to do, you don't need to feel like that is what I want you to do as the GM. You are totally free to do whatever it you'd like with your character, this guy is just here to stir the pot a bit and give you a little info.

Yasahiro
2017-07-30, 09:22 PM
A robot beast, that gave him a frighten, he had to admit it, but seeing it not attack anyone allowed him to calm down. These people didn't want to cause trouble, and even the one whose powers he didn't like, he wanted to avoid unnecessary stress to bartender. Things were going okay, they would learn about each other and powers...

Except not really, as everything changed once the suited Man appeared. Every word he said seemed to grate on Laplace's nerves. It seemed he was the one who gathered them here, but... He just wanted them to make things interesting? He told them not to make things boring? Give a kick in the pants, as he said, but nothing concrete, no real answers. He was playing with them. True, he didn't want to be a government's plaything either, but he would still have some rights, right?

And then the bombshell dropped. The G word. He considered himself a god, while the abilities supposedly made Laplace and others mini gods? God is a word with many meanings but it implies absolute superiority over others. It implies lack of empathy, it dehumanizes those without powers, and even then, this man just decided to find them because 'other gods' are no fun? This man, he didn't care, he just wanted toys. Toys he would throw out when they stop being enjoyable. Every word, it seemed to ignite a spark within the boy, who did not wish to abandon his humanity, albeit he might have been overreacting.

Perhaps that is why Laplace found himself rushing at a man, his two pairs of arms merging together in a blue glow into different, more montrous appearance that betrayed power. It is why he found his fist, with his newly enhanced power, flying towards the man's cheek.

"And we should be yours, then?!" he spat out.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61qYanC70ZL._UL1500_.jpg
I am sorry if this is undesired GM, but my character, from start, was planned to hate those who view themselves above others.
He is not fully law abiding, but he sees why the laws exist and why they should be obeyed, most of the time. But this? People with god complex and anything that implies, yeah no. Kinda why he viewed mind affecting powers as abuse, while his own powers are more direct, more obvious.
More "Fair" you could say, in his own opinion?

Sorry if it came out of nowhere, should have fleshed it out more

Hackulator
2017-07-30, 09:34 PM
As you swing your arm in true anger for the first time, you feel the power behind the blow and know it will shatter the man's face. As you make contact with his face you feel almost no resistance as your fist plows through him....

...and nothing happens. It is like swinging through less than mist, you feel nothing and when you turn back he is still standing there drinking his drink. The rest of you clearly see Laplace's fist pass right through the man's head as though it was a hologram with absolutely no effect.

"See, now THAT was interesting, and totally unexpected! This is exactly why I had you guys meet in the first place. I like you" the man says, pointing at a slightly bewildered Laplace. He then leans forward and the smile disappears from his face as he looks him right in the eyes.

"But if you ever come at me again, you'd best come ****ing correct. You only get one freebie."

Yasahiro
2017-07-30, 09:40 PM
Laplace grit his teeth and clenched his fists so hard he could feel his claws drawing blood. "Trust me, I won't need another one..." He was looking for a main goal in life, especially once he discovered his powers. Something beyond comfortable life, and it seems he found a goal...

Hackulator
2017-07-30, 09:49 PM
"Good to know, good to know. I'll leave you with one last bit of advice. Don't go looking for the others like me. You're not ready for them any more than you're ready for me, and unlike me they'd be quite interested in controlling you." With that, he slams the last of his drink, drops the glass on the bar, gives a huge ****-eating grin and vanishes....

....he then reappears for a moment, turns to Laplace and says "by the way I'm not sure if this is where this is going but I am SUPER excited about the idea of having a nemesis" before vanishing again and not returning.

ODM
2017-07-30, 10:22 PM
Sisco, having been notably silent and observant during the exchange with the self proclaimed god, especially compared to his behavior prior to that, lets out a laugh as soon as he is gone. While he laughs, he gets a fifty out of his wallet and hands it to Laplace.

"I don't know about you but I did not see that coming. This is been most exciting. What are everyone's thoughts? I promise not to pry into them."

Thisguy_
2017-07-31, 02:31 AM
"I think he was kinda pompous, quite a bit arrogant, self-aggrandizing, and somehow, sort of a charming dork. He runs in here building this reputation as a mysterious outsider, and then drops a line about how he's 'super excited' to have a 'nemesis?' That's ****ing fantastic," Mike said, uncarefully freeing all his thoughts at once.

"Wouldn't wanna get on his bad side though, that dude's definitely got a complex and a hell of a draw in the Lottery."

"And although I find his choice of words a bit arrogant and off the mark somehow, I admit he might have a point - we're not gods, but we aren't regular people anymore, either, are we?" By this point, the liquor was beginning to sidle back into the conversation, apologize for having left, and help him with things he hadn't asked for any help doing.

"We got somethin' wrong with us, in a way, I guess, or at least that's how I see myself. But we kinda have a responsibility to either not misuse our ****, or to use it for something. I don't know what that something is, mind you, or whether using abilities like ours is even a morally correct sorta..."

He trailed off for a moment, and looked into his liquor for the word.

"...thing," he decided, when liquor's coy smile returned no answer. He set his remaining whiskey down, and briefly considered the thought of having a bit to eat. Was there anything in this place to eat? Maybe not nachos, although he admitted to liking the idea of having some, despite the bartender's objecting to that idea, but still, something perhaps to soften the impact of what he quickly realized was a bit more than he had meant to drink, not being a fair common drinker of alcohol and such, and having a bit lighter weight than most, perhaps, because of it...

Spare a moment of silence, perhaps, over the death of his previous thought? He sought out snacks.

Hackulator
2017-07-31, 03:03 AM
Spare a moment of silence, perhaps, over the death of his previous thought? He sought out snacks.

You find some pretzels and peanuts behind the bar but nothing else.

Thisguy_
2017-07-31, 10:43 AM
For a moment, he offered his find up to any takers, but quickly set down half his prize in order to better access the pretzels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5-qJSzDUg&feature=youtu.be&t=36s

Yasahiro
2017-07-31, 12:34 PM
He stood there for a few moments, breathing deeply to calm himself down, interrupted by Sisco giving him fifty dollars. He blinked. "Ah, Right. The bet. he took it, putting it into his pocket. He did win, after all, but losing the bet would have been better than this 'God'. Laplace still didn't know enough about his powers, he had to work on them, study them, train them.

He went back to his glass of refreshing Coca Cola, taking a sip to help his parched throat. He stated at his glass for a moment. The god probably drank Cola Zero, that bastard.

"Yes, I agree that we should try to do Something with our powers. Right now my own goal? Get stronger and stop HIM from treating the world like his playground. And then do the same with other gods he mentioned. I like it as it is and I won't let some idiot with God complex do what he wishes. Do I want things to remain as they are? No, I want to somehow benefit the world, make a name of myself, simple things...but no matter what we all want to accomplish, I'd say our powers might need training, we are all still new to them. We can split up or be a team of our own making, right now I want to hear Ideas.

Baby Gary
2017-07-31, 05:04 PM
from across the room Mr. Scott saw the entire encounter take place, well if you could call is that. He waved his hand in the air before him and created a portal, the sort of thing that you see sci-fi movies as a wormhole, and another one appears in on the other side of the bar where all the action took place. "Please, don't attack other people with out justification, which you had none that I could see. Now onto what really matters. What should we do? that was our original question, the one that brought of here, the one that I think you all want to know. I am not sure what i want to do at the current time, but I would like to know what all think while I think of what I would like to do."
IGRONE THIS, I GOT THE FLUFF WRONG ON IThttps://d2v9y0dukr6mq2.cloudfront.net/video/thumbnail/dHnxL5V/wormhole-science-fiction-solar-wind-sci-fi-flight-through-worm-hole-stars-4k_bkjgh4msg_thumbnail-small11.jpg

Hackulator
2017-07-31, 06:10 PM
edit-post no longer applicable

Yasahiro
2017-07-31, 07:17 PM
He shook his head at Scott's words.

"His words and behavior are all justification that was needed in this case..."

RadicalTurnip
2017-07-31, 08:24 PM
The blonde is shaking her head. This is spiraling out of control. "The last thing I want is to be forced into some sort of recruitment camp or "Suicide Squad" where they force us to comply 'or else'. I'm also not great with authority, so some government big-wig telling me what to do that doesn't understand what's really going on is right out. she reiterates. She stands up and just barely stops herself from pacing; instead turning to face everyone she can. "One thing we got from Mr. Gody-two-shoes, though. He was like 'you aren't ready to take on my big-player friends' or whatevs, but he also seems to think that we could be, with time. Also, we can't be sure he isn't still watching or listening? So, like...I guess we gotta' deal with that, too."

With that, she lets out a sigh, and slumps back down in her chair. "I guess I don't really trust you guys yet, but, like, when I hear there's greater powers that want to control me, it makes me realize what I should have realized when I first got these powers. I can't just keep them to myself. And I have to learn to use them better. I guess what I'm saying is that I trust a bunch of random people I just met in a bar a lot more than I trust some joker that looks at me like an insect or whatevs. And I don't know about spandex or a bat-cave, but I feel like as long as we can pick our fights and know when to run away," with this, she looks at Laplace pointedly. "We could probably at least survive and choose our own destiny instead of having somebody else choose it for us."

Thisguy_
2017-08-01, 04:01 AM
"**** it," Mike spat, mouth full of pretzels, "I'm your huckleberry. I'm up for some Batman and Robin..." (he swallowed) "...and Green Arrow and Speedy... and Iron Fist... and Nightcrawler," he said, looking at Scott, "...and however many other ones of us there are," he finished, beginning to mentally tally the heads in the room.

"At least, you guys are cool, and apparently planning on punching some dudes' lights out, and I'm kinda not convinced violence is the answer, but peer pressure, right? You're kinda the only people I can talk to about being magic, and I guess when invariably you get punched in the face, I can put your nose back in the right spot," he rambled to nobody in particular.

ODM
2017-08-01, 04:57 AM
Sisco smiles. "Okay. So here is what I was thinking. From the sounds of it, you are planning to use your powers to if nothing else, interfere with our new friend the punching bag and his friends. Looks like we are going to need to power up for that. Doc over there implied a desire to study us. As a college professor, I can get you access to places to experiment where, for the time being, we won't be bothered. That can take care of study and training." He shrugs.
"As for going Batman, I'm not sure I'm the most useful fighting a mugger so you can handle those things at your leisure. I can clean up the mess a little if you expose yourself or us. And I can hear my resources towards bigger hits. Like maybe tracking down more people like us or large target criminals that the police can't hit. I can organize that aspect.
Like Professor X, except I have no expectations of being leader."

"Also we will need codenames for if we email about this anymore."

Da'Shain
2017-08-02, 02:53 PM
The newcomer had been sitting shyly back from the others and taking it all in; anyone turning his way could have seen on his artless face that he was clearly reconsidering being there, especially after a superpowered punch was thrown. But at the mention of study, he seemed to perk up.

"I don't know about all that punching people business," he said softly, then paused a moment, seemingly surprised at himself for talking. He looked around the room, shrugged, and went on. "But I don't mind saying, I've been a little ... worried ... to test exactly how this stuff works for me, by myself." Running his fingers nervously through his tousled brown hair, he seemed more than worried, but he plunged ahead regardless, looking at the one that had been called "Doc." "Do you think you know how to measure this stuff? These ... superpowers, or whatever they are? Because it sounds like, just from having them, I ... we might be forced into the deep end sooner rather than later."

Though his entire bearing screamed nerves, he still seemed to get a kick out of the "codenames" bit. "Careful, or we'll have to come up with a name for this group, too. I think decades of comics have probably used all the good ones already."

RadicalTurnip
2017-08-02, 07:36 PM
At his words, the blonde perks up, "Hey, that's not a bad idea!" she starts excitedly and points toward Sisco "You can be Professor X. Any you can be Wolverine or something." She says, pointing toward Laplace. "Ooh, and robo-dog guy can be...uh, like...Iron Man or something?" She says, obviously starting to grasp at straws. "And I could be Storm! Or, at least, that one girl that, like, turned into the phoenix? Jessie or something? Jan? Whatever her name was. We can just use code names that match heroes that already exist!"

Baby Gary
2017-08-02, 07:58 PM
I know who I will be, someone who is actually thinking of the situation at hand. What is the purpose of 'code names' or 'superhero names'? Do you actually think that we are going to be super heroes or anything like that? Also from my experience the people who know about my powers are still my friends, I still hang out with them, I still work with them, I still work for them. I just need to know one thing about you guys, how in control are you of your powers?

also about the superhero names that you came up with, do you even know who Jean Grey is and what her powers are? for one if you think your self anything like her I do not trust you at all and would like to find a way to make you not go crazy. In the comics she was so can control the phoenix force, the force that life depends on; in the comics that is."

Mr. Scott walked to the bar and pored himself a glass of whisky and started to sip it.

"I think that one of the first thingswe should do, if not the first thing is figure out how to control our powers and to try to figure out as much as we can about them. Do they all share similar effects, ways of use, or sources of power? What type of force is does our powers use? Can we find a scientific answer for this rather then just saying 'magic' and moving on? How far can you use your powers? how big of an area can you affect? these are the questions that need to be answered and I only said a few."

ODM
2017-08-02, 08:07 PM
Sisco shrugs. "Superhero names or not, I don't think any communication that can be hacked should have too many details about who we are and what we can do."

RadicalTurnip
2017-08-03, 12:02 AM
The blonde nods vigorously. "Yeah, what he said. I don't want anyone to know about my powers that could give me away, or if somebody does know about my powers, I don't want them to know much else about me. Like, how sure are you those friends and co-workers wouldn't take a million dollars to rat you out? Do you think no governments or corporations are going to try to take advantage of this thing once it becomes undeniable?" She sighs, wiping an errant strand of hair out of her eyes. "Do you think I like keeping this from my parents?! They may have figured it out anyway by now, for all I can tell, but we have to be careful! You can't take a secret back!" By now she's standing again and starting to pace. Her previously stiff demeanor has morphed into one where she's gesticulating passionately."And who cares that Gene Grey used some stupid life force?
She flew around and moved stuff with her mind, didn't she? It's not like I'm going to go trying to melt Punchy's face off, am I?" She asks, gesturing toward Laplace.

Taking a deep breath, she calms herself and reverts to her more controlled body language. Even going so far as to return to her seat and bow her head for a moment. "But you're right. We do need to compare notes and learn more about these powers. I'm more interested in the useful side of it, instead of just the theory side of it or whatever. But yeah, I'll go to some lab somewhere to check it out. "

Baby Gary
2017-08-03, 12:16 AM
"I don't really care if the whole world knows if I can read an entire book with a touch of teleport anywhere in roughly 400 ft. Also the people who know I trust and they trust me not to abuse my powers. However even if I would not really care if my info was leaked it would just be very annoying and more dangerous for the rest of you I would think. As for communication I think that we should a, use hard-wired stuff, b, write letters, no one would expect that, or c, just stay with skype and just not talk about our powers.

For testing powers I have an idea, but first a question. Are any of you from around here? I mainly life in Houston at the moment so I don't know my way around New York and the surrounding areas I think that going out to some remote place where no one could see us would be our best bet, after all we don't have an entire school for people with powers, that could be a good idea, I wonder how that would work...? Back to the point at hand do any of you of any place around here that would fit the bill?" Mr. Scott said in responce to the other two, after he finished he took another sip of whisky and set the glass cup down on the glass covered bar with a satisfying ting!

Da'Shain
2017-08-03, 02:13 AM
"Uh, sure, I'm from upstate a little bit," says the young man, thinking a moment, "I can get us into some construction sites after hours without any questions. They should be pretty deserted. Done a little testing already," he continues, his cheeks coloring slightly, "but, uh, I didn't really want to do it by myself in case I misjudged something." He looks around, then gets up and moves over to the bar itself to grab a couple of pretzels.

Yasahiro
2017-08-05, 09:53 PM
He just nodded. "Right now I'm okay with anything, got time... As for hero names, eh just call me Laplace. It isn't my real name anyway."

Thisguy_
2017-08-06, 01:09 AM
With a gesture of agreement, and following suit with the person who had yet to speak his real name, Mike stated, "Dibs on Nevermind." And why not, he thought to himself, it's not like I have to care about copyright laws.

RadicalTurnip
2017-08-07, 10:21 PM
"Uh...I guess I'll be Jean Grey then, even though it's not a perfect fit." The blonde says. "And abandoned construction sites? That sounds like a perfectly reasonable and not-at-all creepy thing to do. Sadly, it fit's. It's exactly what we need."

With this declaration, "Jean Grey" stands up, as if she's ready to go right now; although she doesn't actually start heading toward the door.

Yasahiro
2017-08-15, 11:08 PM
Laplace

He stood up, brushing off the dust on him and left, going towards his car. He drove here, afterwards. What he needed was an empty place people won't visit. An old skatepark, abandoned underground parking, anything similar to that, where the only people who would visit are those people wouldn't believe, that was his destination and he started the engine and began to drive. A quick message sent onto the group chat of all those who met, containing the address, was all that was needed. They were going to train.