PDA

View Full Version : What character should I build with these stats?

Leith
2017-07-14, 08:09 AM
As a fun little experiment I thought I'd roll up some stats, in order, and see what kind of characters the forum would make with them. No restrictions, just use the attributes as they are below to make a character, level it up if you like or stick with 1st.

Str 12
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 15
Wis 10
Cha 18

I used 4d6 drop the lowest if anyone needs to know for some reason.

What ya got?

PeteNutButter
2017-07-14, 08:32 AM
And your options are... cha based spell caster. Yuan Ti Pureblood rounds out your odd stats and has great racials.

Findulidas
2017-07-14, 02:59 PM
Yuan Ti Pureblood rounds out your odd stats and has great racials.

Its also a monster and so horribly OP most dms dont like players to suggest they play one. Much like lore wizard.

MarkVIIIMarc
2017-07-14, 04:40 PM
The CHA based caster advice above is probably the best.

I have a higher dex but lower intelligence Lore Bard. I could get by with more intelligence and less dex and play some kind of romantic or mad poet or composer type Bard. It could be decent to roleplay if you like coming up with intelligent sounding limericks or whatever.

Beechgnome
2017-07-14, 06:28 PM
Maybe go Half Elf for +2 Charisma, +1 Int and +1 Con, then start as a bard.

20 cha and bard will give you 4 spells, 5 inspirations per rest and a DC of 15 at 1st level. Not too shabby.

After that you could stay bard, swap to sorcerer (take draconic for the HP and AC boost) or, crazy though it seems, swap to wizard with an eye towards being an enchanter.

If you go the enchanter route, you will have 8 spells to choose from at 2nd level, and great variety too: bane, dissonant whispers, faerie fire and cure wounds, for example, from bard, and charm person, Tasha's laughter, shield and mage armour from wizard.

Then you Can max your Int by 9th level and at 13th add resilience (Con). Naturally, if you just go straight lore bard or sorcerer you can add resilience much sooner.

Tanarii
2017-07-14, 07:44 PM
Mountain Dwarf Archfiend Pact of the Blade Greataxe Warlock. Take HA proficiency at level 4.

Orc Half Valor Bard, again taking HA at level 4.

If we're including mulitclassing, Half Orc, Human or Half-elf Fighter 1 / Warlock or Bard X. (You need a racial Str bonus to be able to MC out of Fighter.)

smcmike
2017-07-14, 08:13 PM
Half-Orc Barbarian.

Drackolus
2017-07-14, 08:20 PM
I rolled similar stats once and made a tiefling enchanter (though I ended up with 18's in int and cha). You could do that or you could just be a smart bard/warlock/sorcerer. Probably grab Tough at level 4.
Alternatively, vuman with an expertise in a charisma skill feat for warlock or sorcerer.

Tanarii
2017-07-14, 08:24 PM
Half-Orc Barbarian.
Berserker. Then use that Cha to lock down opponents. You can even Frenzy once per day to attack once as a bonus action while doing it.

Not sure if this post needs blue text. :smallamused:

Finger6842
2017-07-16, 02:01 AM
As a fun little experiment I thought I'd roll up some stats, in order, and see what kind of characters the forum would make with them. No restrictions, just use the attributes as they are below to make a character, level it up if you like or stick with 1st.

Str 12
Dex 10
Con 12
Int 15
Wis 10
Cha 18

I used 4d6 drop the lowest if anyone needs to know for some reason.

What ya got?

Level 1 Half Elf Warrior for longbow, heavy armor and con saves (concentration assistance)
Str 13, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 20

Level 2 Wizard 1 for utility, shield, find familiar (help action), mage hand, etc.

Level 3 Warlock to first ASI, 2 STR so you can upgrade to plate with shield and focus
Str 15, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 20

Then go lock to 18, dropping ASI's in Con or pick up feats. Pact of the Tome Archfey.

Alternately push warrior to 2 attacks or wizard to 5 for haste and counterspell.

Use your undead army as a meat shield and cover from attack. Your familiar for advantage on attacks and your bow to preserve spell slots while you finish combat.

You should also consider variant half elf for high elf misty step, wood elf movement or drow for magic.
With the right back story you can probably have your bow be your focus.

Specter
2017-07-16, 10:53 AM
Half-Elf Bard, with Resilient (CON) to make up for the odd CON. Expertise Arcana and History to put that INT to good use.

Matrix_Walker
2017-07-16, 11:12 AM
that's a Forrest Gnome Oath of the Ancients Paladin right there... Advantage on Mental saves with a kick ass aura with half damage from magic.... Just wait until he finds a belt/Gauntlets for STR and can support heavier armor! (If you get so lucky!)

smcmike
2017-07-16, 11:37 AM
Berserker. Then use that Cha to lock down opponents. You can even Frenzy once per day to attack once as a bonus action while doing it.

Not sure if this post needs blue text. :smallamused:

Exactly. Would be relatively weak, as characters go, but perhaps memorable.

scalyfreak
2017-07-16, 12:01 PM
I agree with whoever said you should make a tiefling caster... they get +2 to charisma and+1 to intelligence. Then be a bard or sorcerer.

Finger6842
2017-07-16, 02:22 PM
I agree with whoever said you should make a tiefling caster... they get +2 to charisma and+1 to intelligence. Then be a bard or sorcerer.

Bards and Paladins need good stats other than CHA to be effective. Stick with lock or sorc.

CursedRhubarb
2017-07-16, 03:24 PM
Stout Halfling Lore Bard that then goes Divination Wizard could be fun. Control all the die rolls :D

ShikomeKidoMi
2017-07-17, 05:28 AM
Bards and Paladins need good stats other than CHA to be effective.

Paladins do. Lore Bards don't really need anything but Charisma (and meatshields), though.